• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArjanN

I gave up on Bit Trip Runner. A lousy achievement is not worth the decrease in my life span that is caused by my blood pressure spiking while playing it.

Bit.Trip Runner is 90% memorisation. If you ignore all the neat flashy animation, it's basically Simon. The levels all get easier the more you play them, so what seemed hard at first eventually becomes pretty trivial.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
w0Sny.jpg

I love the game!! first time with this saga, Bit.Trip.Beat is good?

Beat is very good and very different, but I'm assuming you've looked at videos of it. If you enjoy that as well, look into Flux and Core on Wii, and if you really love those Fate and Void are worth checking out.

Day 2

12/19 Christmas objectives completed.

Completed:
Jamestown
Orcs Must Die!
Super Meat Boy (1/2)
Trine
Frozen Synapse
Rock of Ages
Total War 2: Shogun
Killing Floor
Counter-Strike: Source
BIT.TRIP. RUNNER (2/3)

To go:
Costume Quest
Day of Defeat: Source
Football Manager 2012
Left 4 Dead 2
Team Fortress 2
The Binding of Isaac
Magicka

You'd probably be quicker restarting on easy. World 3 has some bullshit moments that will make you want to chuck a controller.

Maybe. I didn't have any issues with the difficulty before the 1st boss though. Everything felt fairly difficult and everything on the boss as well, but man, the 2nd set of UFOs, I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND.

Ah, just noticed I wrote 1-11 when I meant the boss level. 1-11 was easy.

Mimir

Maybe. I didn't have any issues with the difficulty before the 1st boss though. Everything felt fairly difficult and everything on the boss as well, but man, the 2nd set of UFOs, I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND.

Ah, just noticed I wrote 1-11 when I meant the boss level. 1-11 was easy.
Lowering the difficulty won't help you out on the boss. The only difference between Normal and Easy is Easy doesn't have the gold bars to distract you.

Nymerio

Love the winter achievements, it actually makes me play my games :). Started Bit.Trip Runner this afternoon to get them and ended up playing for three hours on perfect difficulty. I have Zone 1 cleared, but the bonus levels are on a completely different difficulty scale oO. Anyway, was pleasently surprised by how good the game is.

As for the other games, I already did:

• Super Meat Boy (first time I played, took me 30 minutes to get through this 15 second level...)
  • Bit.Trip Runner 3/3
  • Defense Grid
  • Sanctum
  • Orcs Must Die!
  • Team Fortress 2
  • Counterstrike: Source
  • Jamestown (Awesome game!)
  • The Polynomial

Nymerio

I didn't find the first boss that difficult. I had far bigger problems with the level that. Multiple times I got to the end only to freak at that bouncing ball thing you have to jump over.

Ah shit, second level on difficult is enough for me :p
I've unlocked chapter 4 :)

But god, some of the ships suck with the mouse. I don't like the keyboard cause I can't move diagonally and the mouse has serious latency (WTF Charge?!) with the vulnerable spot. Naturally, Guy Fawkes has the best ship.

mrgone

Hey, did they ever add that analog melee combat stuff to Dead Island on the PC? Listening to Brad Shoemaker talk about it made it seem like it was really the way to play the game.

Also my 2cents - I'd wait until the sale to buy Dead Island. It's a Steamworks title, too, so if any other reseller has a daily deal for it you can take advantage of that.

msv

Hah, my GF in Germany can't enter today's wishlist/giveaway because Dead Island is banned there. Crazy germans!

mrgone

Analog combat was always in the PC version, it's just controller only. I fucking hate Giant Bomb.
Damnit! They even followed it up a second week and made it seem like that wasn't in the PC version. I really like the Giant Bomb guys, but they're more entertaining than accurate sometimes, particularly with PC stuff

Damnit! They even followed it up a second week and made it seem like that wasn't in the PC version. I really like the Giant Bomb guys, but they're more entertaining than accurate sometimes, particularly with PC stuff

Truth. The Dead Island video was the last thing I'll ever watch from them, between "derr I dunno how you would play this on PC lols" and "derr this game has a crafting system, ya know, like, they has in mmos" I just can't believe that anyone takes them seriously.

You should check out TotalBiscuit on YouTube for quick-look style videos which aren't narrated by someone who knows bugger all about games, though his voice annoys the crap out of some people.

jediyoshi

Where did they imply it wasn't in the PC version?

Atomski

Im behind on things.. is there a list of achievements to work on? I got a few days off of work so I guess this should fill my time :p.

mrgone

Truth. The Dead Island video was the last thing I'll ever watch from them, between "derr I dunno how you would play this on PC lols" and "derr this game has a crafting system, ya know, like, they has in mmos" I just can't believe that anyone takes them seriously.

You should check out TotalBiscuit on YouTube for quick-look style videos which aren't narrated by someone who knows bugger all about games, though his voice annoys the crap out of some people.

I do really enjoy TB's videos too! Just about through the WTF-a-thon now :)

Where did they imply it wasn't in the PC version?

I'd have to go back and listen, but I'm pretty sure they mentioned it in the podcast and possibly the quick look as well.

Derrick01

Banned
- create server
- add bots
- give them no weapons
- enjoy

oh, just over 20 hours until steam sales :D

shit I completely forgot it's tomorrow. I'm flat out broke too lol

Usually I have $100 ready at least but I had to get new speakers for the new tv, the ones in the tv were awful.

jediyoshi

Well, here's this thread correcting Brad about the PC controls, so he definitely said it somewhere.

How does that affect what you said they implied? That video is specifically talking about what he said over the course of the Quick Look. You were questioning the inclusion of the feature as a whole into the PC version. You already know from the quick look they didn't say anything to the contrary.

Jesus Christ, gaming sites - serious business. He even stated he wasn't sure and just remembering... calm down.

Free reign to then call people out for incompetence? Whatever floats your boat.

Fou-Lu

Is Dead Island worth it? I really don't know much about it, all I know is I'm insanely tired of L4D. I'd be up for joining in a four pack if it's significantly different from L4D and still good.

mrgone

How does that affect what you said they implied? That video is specifically talking about what he said over the course of the Quick Look. You were questioning the inclusion of the feature as a whole into the PC version based. You already know from the quick look they didn't say anything to the contrary.
Okay, I guess I totally misremembered it, then! Sorry to have offended anyone's sensibilities with my baseless accusations.

InertiaXr

Is Dead Island worth it? I really don't know much about it, all I know is I'm insanely tired of L4D. I'd be up for joining in a four pack if it's significantly different from L4D and still good.

It's not much like L4D besides having zombies. It's more of Borderlands/MMO style where you gather some quests, go do them all in about the same area, then go turn them in. Just like Borderlands, probably worth it if you have somebody to play co-op with, but single player gets a little drab.

I've only played some of the first area, the beach and resort, so I'm not sure how much it changes when you get into the city area later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom