• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stumpokapow said:
you mean last chance to get the pre-order 10% discount, the game will be on sale again within a month or two :p

Yeah, I'm kind of waiting for the first sale. I feel like there will be less people playing now then in the future with all these heavy hitters showing up now.

So if I buy that Batman bundle, I have 20% or 20% x2 discount for Batman Arkam City ?

Steam is so smart. It makes me pay more to have a discount :D

Nabs

UnluckyKate said:
So if I buy that Batman bundle, I have 20% or 20% x2 discount for Batman Arkam City ?

Steam is so smart. It makes me pay more to have a discount :D

If you own either game you get 20% off AC.

Guanoape

Neo Member
Glass Rebel said:
Yeah but isn't some stuff Last Stand only? I won't touch the multi but I can see myself dropping some $ on LS DLC.

The Tau Commander is a new hero for Last Stand. The other two packs are just recolors for multiplayer units. It's a bit pricey at €7 though.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Guanoape said:
The Tau Commander is a new hero for Last Stand. The other two packs are just recolors for multiplayer units. It's a bit pricey at €7 though.
Not to forget, there are wargear unlocks just for Last stand for basically every hero.

It's fucking expensive and I hate Relic for their pricing policy but I'm a huge Warhammer sucker and will buy everything. Fuck my life.

Fuck what's going on with the steam servers?

Sober

Des0lar said:
Not to forget, there are wargear unlocks just for Last stand for basically every hero.

It's fucking expensive and I hate Relic for their pricing policy but I'm a huge Warhammer sucker and will buy everything. Fuck my life.

Fuck what's going on with the steam servers?
Didn't really get into DOW2 multiplayer, so I guess I dodged a bullet there. The Last Stand DLC gear stuff sounds cool but I found the mode boring after a couple of times (so few maps even after Retribution).

The MP DLC is nice for 40k fans since they at least decided to make new models for particular chapters or regiments or whatnot. If they were just a simple recolour they'd be laughed off the face of the earth or they'd have removed the army painter.

Mrbob

10 bucks for the Tau Commander? What the hell? Relic/THQ, what are you doing? Unbelievable.

Also, anyone pick up Sword of the Stars? Thinking about grabbing it since the game is 5 dollars on Steam.

MNC

3chopl0x said:
And none of those games activate on Steam..

Buying games full price :lol

No, it doesn't activate on Steam.
who says the were full price? buying from certain retailers certainly knocks off the price. or getting it gifted overseas for a 30 percent idscount if youre yurop

MRORANGE

Nightz said:
What year? =P

VdMR5.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If LA Noire is indeed a Steamworks game, that bodes well for Red Dead Redemption.
Haha. :(

gdt

Princess Skittles said:
Alice: Madness Returns is $14.99 Weekend Deal.

Any reason to get this over the 360 version? Steam Version: No Achievements, No Original Alice?

Looks incredible. 60fps. Phsyx if you can.

Zimbardo

DTKT said:
Could be GFWL.

possibly ...but i think that's unlikely since all Steamworks games on there say ...

DRM:Requires a 3rd party download and account

Mafia 2 for example says that and its Steamworks.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-MAFIA2/mafia-ii

Batman Arkham Asylum is GFWL and says ...

DRM:Games For Windows Live

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-BAAGOTYE/batman-arkham-asylum-game-of-the-year-edition

so i think chances are good its Steamworks.

JaseC

For Euros (and Aussies), hit up NA-GAF and snag the game for USD$15. I'll be double-dipping come Monday.

MNC

Princess Skittles said:
Alice: Madness Returns is $14.99 Weekend Deal.

Any reason to get this over the 360 version? Steam Version: No Achievements, No Original Alice?
Fuck. 14 dollars is a fucking amazing price. That's... cheap. But I'm preordering Battlefield 3 this weekend... fufufufufu

JaseC

Qatar said:
Does Alice work well with M/K ?

Well enough, yes, but a controller is preferable.

MNC said:
Fuck. 14 dollars is a fucking amazing price. That's... cheap. But I'm preordering Battlefield 3 this weekend... fufufufufu

Buy the game which both needs and deserves the support.

Hint: it's not Battlefield 3. :p

MNC said:
$14? I have it priced wrong, probably, because it shows as $24.99 for me. Not that I was planning to get it, mind you.

JaseC

SteelAttack said:
$14? I have it priced wrong, probably, because it shows as $24.99 for me. Not that I was planning to get it, mind you.

It's $15 in the US (base price of $30), while $25 practically everywhere else (base price of $50).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom