• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Just over 7 gigs.

Big ups to QuantumBro for helping me out with Alice. And big ups to Feep for the free Sequence. Gamers remember and reward this kind of generosity.

Yaska

Will post here as well, anyone in US could spare some time to help me with Alice?

Also sequence downloaded, will take out my dancepad tomorrow. Thanks Feep!

desu

ClovingSteam said:
What is wrong with me? I am seriously thinking of buying Saints Row 3, Sonic, and Ass Creed Rev? I am sick :( Although to be fair I have spent about 1/8th in 2011 on Steam compared to 2010.

SA3 is 39.99$ at amazon.com in case you care.

Blizzard

Banned
Got the Sequence code. :) I look forward to trying it in 9-33 hours! Hopefully it is awesome. I'm expecting "The Next Earthbound" or something along those lines.

goodfella said:
The primary reason I want to buy alice is because of the hair.

Is that wrong?
It might be creepy, or it might mean you have a fascination with hair physics approximations. Either way, certainly not wrong. :D

XeroSauce

If you have not gotten Alice yet, do so NOW. It's a sequel and an amazing one at that.

The first game isn't necessarily but it's nice for the story if you really care about that kinda thing.

Blizzard

Banned
XeroSauce said:
If you have not gotten Alice yet, do so NOW. It's a sequel and an amazing one at that.

The first game isn't necessarily but it's nice for the story if you really care about that kinda thing.
What's the best way to buy the original game?

Stumpokapow said:
No DRM listed - Does this require an EA account?

I don't remember ever having to enter my account details and there's no indication of me being logged in when I launch it. There was actually some silliness with preorder DLC dresses when it first came out too, but there is no DLC available for the Steam version of the game, and that's usually when EA dig their hooks in.

Blizzard said:

Probably Ebay I'd wager. I think you can get it standalone on consoles, can't you?

Blizzard said:
Ebay sadly. Unless you want to buy the game new on ps3 or 360.

And I got Alice, didn't know that you could use the instant transfer feature on paypal with steam. Now topray that my payment goes through.

Lime

Blizzard said:

The Origin version of Alice has the original game included in the purchase, although I'm not sure the offer still applies. The Remastered version also supports 16:9 resolutions (including the HUD) and automatically recognizes the 360 controller (if you have one).

Joe Molotov

QuantumBro said:
Ebay sadly. Unless you want to buy the game new on ps3 or 360.

And I got Alice, didn't know that you could use the instant transfer feature on paypal with steam. Now topray that my payment goes through.

How EA can pull that kind of anti-PC bullshit and then expect people to embrace Origin is really quite astounding.

Apropos nothing, I have a very strong feeling that the launch of Battlefield 3 is when we the emperor will first take to the streets in his new clothes, and we'll all be subjected to the sight of his liver-spotted scrotum sagging in the breeze.

Detox

Can someone in the US gift me Alice will paypal $16 and for anyone else getting Alice don't forget these tips shamelessly stolen from MOB's OT:
Alice Madness Returns Framerate Fix – 60 FPS Tweak
Open Alice.ini in text editor, you can find the file located here:

\Documents\My Games\Alice Madness Returns\AliceGame\Config\AliceEngine.ini

and Set these to your desired values for framerate boost:

MaxSmoothedFrameRate=60

and you can unlock the DLC dresses and weapons from GameFaqs:
Go to My Documents\My Games\Alice Madness Returns\AliceGame\Config\

Open AliceEngine.ini

At bottom under [AliceGame.AliceGameEngine], change GIsSpecialPCEdition=FALSE to TRUE will unlock all DLC dresses and weapons.

zychi

Banned
Is there a way to download a game save for a steam game and use it? I recently bought Portal 2 on steam, and I've already beaten it on 360. I just want to have access to everything from the get-go.
e: i'm an idiot, i forgot about cheats and the console.

froliq

Guess I'll post it here aswell since I'm having no luck at the gifting thread.

Looking for someone to gift me Alice from the US or whatever store that has it for 15.

-PXG-

Oh yeah, thanks to Feep, I'm downloading Sequence right now.

jim-jam bongs said:
STEAM announcements & updates 2011 |OT3| Buy now, play later

I'm not gonna have it built until Xmas or so.

I'm thinking about it...DON'T TEMPT ME!!!

It's $35 used on consoles...LOL

EDIT

Does it support a 360 or PS3 controller? If so, I'll buy it sometime this weekend.

I'm a lifelong console gamer. I'm awful with kb/m controls.

bs000

zychi said:
Is there a way to download a game save for a steam game and use it? I recently bought Portal 2 on steam, and I've already beaten it on 360. I just want to have access to everything from the get-go.

sv_cheats 1 sv_unlockedchapters 15? I think. maybe.

Lime

QuantumBro said:
No it was only for the first week.

lol, EA. So basically the PC version of the HD remaster of Alice 1 is already in limbo and inaccessible after one fucking week, except to pirates?

Great fucking job, EA.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I kinda got distracted about halfway through Alice, but it's worth $15 just for the visuals. Shit is trippy yo.

Real talk: if The Witcher 2 hadn't come out this year, I'd be putting Alice up there as having the best art in a game I've played this year.

-PXG- said:
Does it support a 360 or PS3 controller? If so, I'll buy it sometime this weekend.

I'm a lifelong console gamer. I'm awful with kb/m controls.

YES YES YES

Full native 360 controller support, it even does rumble iirc.

Do eeeeeeeeet

-PXG-

jim-jam bongs said:
Real talk: if The Witcher 2 hadn't come out this year, I'd be putting Alice up there as having the best art in a game I've played this year.

YES YES YES

Full native 360 controller support, it even does rumble iirc.

Do eeeeeeeeet

Oh shit son.

Well it's very likely I'll be buying this sucker this weekend. I won't be able to actually play it until winter though. Totally worth it, since I doubt the console version will have any significant price drops.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
JudgeN said:
Hmm Alice Madness, it will probably be 75% off on the Christmas sale so I'm wait.

You can guarantee this about essentially every game, but not necessarily EA. There's been some conciliatory moves made lately, but beyond that, there's no evidence they're going to be a good "Steam citizen" going forward. They did not participate in the summer sale with several of their major franchises.

Nelo Ice

Banned
JudgeN said:
Hmm Alice Madness, it will probably be 75% off on the Christmas sale so I'm wait.

Pretty much waiting for this.

Also surprised steam isnt having a GTA sale. Now to decide whether to get it off d2d or gamersgate i guess. Plus at least either d2d/gamersgate versions are moddable to hell right?

Bumhead

Banned
How is Commando's 3?

I'm tempted to spend £1.99 on Commando's 2 for nostalgia's sake, but might bite at the third one if it's a significantly better game. Not really fussed on getting all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom