• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sites appear to be coming back now, slowly. Now I feel entitled to a free hat.

I created a couple of hours ago a The Witcher private giveaway on Steamgifts, only for gaffers! You can get the link in the Steamgifts thread. I'd love to see GAF doing regular private giveaways as in the good old days! Sorry for those who already entered, but I would like to see a bigger number of entries :p

Also, I was going to buy Winterbottom, buut since it has been cheaper during Steam Sales I think I'll wait
so I can get mad once it's part of a Indie Bundle because I probably won't have installed it yet

Bizzity

Hello, I'm a long time lurker, newly validated. Just trying to give back what I can to a thread that's helped me build a giant backlog!

Steam Key:

HOARD

Oreoleo

I only have 66 games and I feel bloated. Someone tell me what I should play *next*.

I don't see any playtime under STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl on your profile. So that, definitely.

Or if you're looking for something a little more lightweight, I thought the Puzzle Agent games were a bunch of fun. Only takes about 4 hours to beat each of them.

Edit: .7 hours on Portal 2? Da fuck, man!?

You beautiful man.

So with all the stuff going on with Double Fine it's gotten me in the mood to play Psychonauts again. I've already got the game on GOG but I wanted to get the Steam version for the achievements, something different to go for along with playing the game. Does the 360 controller work flawlessly or is there still things to configure?

So with all the stuff going on with Double Fine it's gotten me in the mood to play Psychonauts again. I've already got the game on GOG but I wanted to get the Steam version for the achievements, something different to for along with playing the game. Does the 360 controller work flawlessly or is there still things to configure?

It works fine, but the hud shows keyboard buttons unless you play with some stuff. I'll try to find it again.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Mark your finished games as finished, your unplayably bad games as Unplayable, and play the first alphabetical game you haven't played yet.

This is good advice. I would also recommend uninstalling anything that you aren't interested in starting/returning to in the near future. Clean house. Scrolling through your backlog won't be quite as overwhelming. Of course, HP only has 66 games, so it can't be that bad.

http://www.gog.com/en/forum/psychonauts/psychopad_xbox_360_controller_gui_unofficial_patch

This is what got reccommended here by someone earlier (morningbus?). I played through the whole game with a controller and the normal hud and never had any problems, but I could see some being bothered by it.

Oh, okay. I was familiar with that but thought it was meant for the GOG version and all of that was fixed with the update on Steam. It's no big deal, though, I don't mind the regular hud. Thanks again though.

Narag

Oh, okay. I was familiar with that but thought it was meant for the GOG version and all of that was fixed with the update on Steam. It's no big deal, though, I don't mind the regular hud. Thanks again though.

The lite version in that link only patches the prompts and it's the same thread he crossposted on the steam forums. Fairly certain I used the lite version myself.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Mark your finished games as finished, your unplayably bad games as Unplayable, and play the first alphabetical game you haven't played yet.

Or if you use backloggery, just use the fortune cookie feature to let it choose a game for you to play.

Which has worked out surprisingly well. I've ended up playing some games I wouldn't have gotten around to as quickly just choosing by myself, but that have ended up being some pretty great games.

goober

Can anyone recommend games similar to Machinarium? Got it for my gf the other day and she loves it.

She likes those type of puzzle games, like Layton and what not.

Can anyone recommend games similar to Machinarium? Got it for my gf the other day and she loves it.

Puzzle agent is pretty close to layton (the puzzles aren't as good) and I love the "feel" of it. Maybe it just hits pretty close to home (I am always surrounded by snow and gnomes).

The lite version in that link only patches the prompts and it's the same thread he crossposted on the steam forums. Fairly certain I used the lite version myself.

Oh, in that case I may just go ahead and use it. Seems rather quick and simple.

For games similar to Layton, there's Puzzle Agent 1 and 2 and Blue Toad Mystery Files.

Games similar to Machinarium, man, where to begin:

The Secret of Monkey Island
Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge
Anything by TellTale

There's much more but that's a good point to start at. Also, check out Tiny Bang Story. It has a similar style to Machinarium but it's a different kind of game. It's a hidden object game with some puzzles thrown in.

goober

I would say Puzzle Bots, my boys love watching me play that one.

Thanks for the recommendation, but I forgot to mention she has a Mac. It severely limits what she can play -__-

What was the program that lets you run Windows? Boot Camp? Parallels? I forget.

edit:
Oh, in that case I may just go ahead and use it. Seems rather quick and simple.

For games similar to Layton, there's Puzzle Agent 1 and 2 and Blue Toad Mystery Files.

Games similar to Machinarium, man, where to begin:

The Secret of Monkey Island
Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge
Anything by TellTale

There's much more but that's a good point to start at. Also, check out Tiny Bang Story. It has a similar style to Machinarium but it's a different kind of game. It's a hidden object game with some puzzles thrown in.

Yeah! She loved Tiny Bang Story too. I'll check out TellTale's games.

edit2: she has puzzle agent as well. she's been playing Braid but she hasn't gotten the hang of it yet.
edit3: so the Mac version The Secret of Monkey Island is available on iTunes, but not on Steam? weird.

Joe Molotov

She might enjoy the Crazy Machines series. It's a different kind of puzzle game, but they're pretty fun.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Hi. Anyone here not own Fortix 2 and not bought the India Gala 2 pack? Fortix 2 is a great little game. I wrote a review with some screenshots here so you can see what it's all about. If you want the code and will actually play the game, here's your chance:
39JCN-75W6H-3Q34B

It's cool if a lurker takes the code, so if you see the code here and want it, take it before someone else does! Lurkers, if you take this code, congratulations. If you like reading NeoGAF, I recommend registering. It's a pretty great place to hang out. When you register, make sure you read the rules about email addresses: "You must register with an ISP, education, or workplace email address." A lot of people who get rejected don't follow this rule. We sometimes take a while to approve new accounts, but it's worth the wait. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom