• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lingitiz

Just bought the Star Wars daily deal pack without much knowledge of any of the games. Any recommendations for which to install/play first?

Tess3ract

Banned
Ok, I'm not usually one to recomend skins, but this shit is on another level and I highly recommend it to.. well.. everyone who likes nice things.

Rainbow Dash

rainbow_dash_steam_skin_by_cynicaltechlord-d4mn0cp.png

KuGsj.gif

I would rather kill myself than use those skins. But that's just me.

camerooni

Neo Member
I would rather kill myself than use those skins. But that's just me.

Isn't choice a beautiful thing - that and everyone being different.. it's like as if someone out there likes things that other people don't. Your mind should be blown at this point ;)

But you're right, we should be more individual and all wear black and cut ourselves together because this pony shit is whack :p

***PM me for a Lume Steam Key!***, and it's gone..

Tess3ract

Banned
But you're right, we should be more individual and all wear black and cut ourselves together because this pony shit is whack :p
PM me for a Lume Steam Key!
I'm of the opinion that no one over 12 should be watching it.

And no i mean that literally earlier (though i might be kind of biased since I'm apparently depressed).

Anyways has anyone here played Stronghold 3? It seems like it's on sale and it looks fun.

Hanzou

I'm of the opinion that no one over 12 should be watching it.

And no i mean that literally earlier (though i might be kind of biased since I'm apparently depressed).

Anyways has anyone here played Stronghold 3? It seems like it's on sale and it looks fun.

Just buy the original on GOG, its cheaper and better.

I think some (or maybe it was just me) were wondering if they recovered that IP like Psychonauts with the help of the Dracogen guy.

Oh, that's a possibility. Seems like Stacking is their priority right now when it comes moving their games to PC so hopefully we hear something about it soon.

Speevy

Banned
I blind-bought the Jedi Knight Collection thinking it was something I could get right into.

Uh...are there some good controller config files I can download? I mean I know, yeah, but are there?

Echoplx

I loved Bound in Blood as well, it's a shame the series went in a retarded direction, it had a nice niche as a western shooter..

I'll get it once it's at $5. I liked the other two so much that it feels like an obligation to play the third game. It's apparently short, anyway.

Blizzard

Banned
It's not worth $16, it's not worth anything. And I loved CoJ 2.
I liked both previous CoJ games, and almost want to try the new one, but 48 metacritic, $17, and (the kiss of death) even Joe Molotov says it's not worth it.

And Joe Molotov buys and plays EVERYTHING. :( *sheds tear for CoJ*

Will people even be able to activate CoJ if they buy it? I thought Ubisoft had taken down their authentication/always-on DRM servers for an indeterminate amount of time to move them. It would be funny if that was the case.

Will people even be able to activate CoJ if they buy it? I thought Ubisoft had taken down their authentication/always-on DRM servers for an indeterminate amount of time to move them. It would be funny if that was the case.

I think they're back up now. Not that I'd be risking buying any Ubisoft game these days anyway.

1-D_FTW

Was randomly clicking and added a couple interesting looking games to my wishlist for the future:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/104020/

Storm in a Teacup - Interesting looking physics based platformer. Only 5 bucks, but hey, it ain't getting played before the sales anyways.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/111100/

Snuggle Truck - Aside from looking like one of iNvidious01's Steam skins, it looks like a Joe Danger style game. Only 5 bucks, but hey, it ain't getting played before the sales anyways.

I really don't get why these cats don't release demos with their game. If you're going to price it at impulse levels, put out a demo to tempt people.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Is the Steam community page down?

Yes, it's not loading for me. The in-game overlay wasn't working at all last night either. Edit - In-game overlay is still fucked, can't even use the browser. What am I supposed to do, just play the game without constantly stopping to check GAF?

Wok

http://store.steampowered.com/app/111100/

Snuggle Truck - Aside from looking like one of iNvidious01's Steam skins, it looks like a Joe Danger style game. Only 5 bucks, but hey, it ain't getting played before the sales anyways.

I really don't get why these cats don't release demos with their game. If you're going to price it at impulse levels, put out a demo to tempt people.

In this particular case, there is a somewhat hidden demo.

Yes, it's not loading for me. The in-game overlay wasn't working at all last night either. Edit - In-game overlay is still fucked, can't even use the browser. What am I supposed to do, just play the game without constantly stopping to check GAF?

Second monitor, thats how I do it at home... No worries about the in-game browser at all. Just Alt+Tab locking the game up.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I had a dream last night that I met Gabe and he told me that Episode 3 was coming out this year. Didn't want to wake up. :( :( :(

But it is - well, Half-Life 3 is. Join my hand in believing. The release date may slip, but the game will be announced for release this year!

Edit: Clarity.

Joe Molotov

But it is - well, Half-Life 3 is. Join my hand in believing. The release date may slip, but the game will be announced for release this year!

Edit: Clarity.

Also, he announced they were releasing a browser-based version of Half-Life, is that true too???

If i turn off in game Steam Community?

I want as low of a memory foot print as possible while gaming.

Hope some of the guys with lot of Steam knowledge can answer me this :)

MRORANGE

If i turn off in game Steam Community?

I want as low of a memory foot print as possible while gaming.

Hope some of the guys with lot of Steam knowledge can answer me this :)

the actual alt+tab overlay? you will not be able to use steam chat, achievements for most steamwork games, web browser, take screenshots and friends. (not sure if steam cloud saves are affected.)

I'm guessing no screenshots, no notifications, no overlay, but you'd still get achivements.
Jediyoshi, do you know or are you guessing on the bold?
the actual alt+tab overlay? you will not be able to use steam chat, achievements for most steamwork games, web browser, take screenshots and friends. (not sure if steam cloud saves are affected.)
I don't know, there's an option under parameters > In game > Activate Steam Comunity in game

Was curious to know what happens if i uncheck that.

And thanks for answering guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom