• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Steam beta:

- Enabled 'Paste' on context menu of the password field at login time.
- Added keyboard navigation to friends list and library views while typing in filters.
- Fixed web control briefly jump backwards when scrolling causing a very jittery experience.
- Fixed web combo-box controls not closing when the underlying web control is moved.
- Fixed web control not rendering error pages.
- Fixed the 'X' button for clearing text entry fields (used in text filters) overlapping the keyboard layout icon when present.

And it seems like Steam Wallet trading might be added soon.

I hope that in the future Steam will ditch the Metacritic scores and implement a User Review average score system, in which only people who actually bought the game may give a score.

MRORANGE

Is steam cloud offline or something? Weird message when I launch Skyrim.

you should be fine anyway any achievements you get in skyrim while offline will popup once steam cloud is running again or when your restart the game.

The same goes for borderlands and some other games.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I didn't meant to be offensive. I just witnesses many PC player just sliding it to the max, whatever the number is

And there is something wrong with that? People should be allowed to pump the FOV to whatever they feel like. I play Quake 3 with an hFOV of 110. The slider in Black Ops goes up to an hFOV of 85, but 85 feels still feels goddamn great compared to the default.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
- Enabled 'Paste' on context menu of the password field at login time.

Good. Steam is one of the very very few accounts I have that isn't managed through a password manager and using an ultra-secure password.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
That's a good idea, and then be able to sort by which games have the highest user rating

One fundamental problem with that would be that games that are released after the rating system would get disproportionate rating attention versus games released before the rating system. See also The Dark Knight and LOTR on IMDB.

Rufus

For people that didn't think to put it in last time around? It probably felt like they were caving to a bunch of whiners. Like, "God, these people won't shut up about the damn menus! Here you go, manbabies!"
Yeah. You're probably right, too. Entitlement, and so forth.

1-D_FTW

One fundamental problem with that would be that games that are released after the rating system would get disproportionate rating attention versus games released before the rating system. See also The Dark Knight and LOTR on IMDB.

It could also be gamed somewhat with shill accounts.

Would absolutely love the idea of having a filter for friends list only, though.

Kabouter

While this is a legitimate concern of course, I think despite this, it would still be a system superior to Metacritic. I think a system like this would be a solid addition to Steam if implemented properly, for one thing, it absolutely can not let you review games you do not own, because that's the sort of thing that ruins user reviews pretty much anywhere else.

1-D_FTW

Wouldn't the rating be locked to games that people own. And reviews could show hours played lol.

True to the bolded :lol.

I was just thinking it was possible for co-ordination by groups or by a publisher using a bunch of keys to manipulate things. Maybe neither would be an issue.

Still, a friends list filter would be pretty cool IMO.

Tess3ract

Banned
plbelanger

faceless007
added you two as friends, message me asking about it :)

While this is a legitimate concern of course, I think despite this, it would still be a system superior to Metacritic. I think a system like this would be a solid addition to Steam if implemented properly, for one thing, it absolutely can not let you review games you do not own, because that's the sort of thing that ruins user reviews pretty much anywhere else.

I might not own the game on steam though.

This is steam, we all own everything because everything has been a dollar at one point.

I say it should only allow you to review a game if you've played it for at least an hour. ;)

s7evn

Apparently they'll pay you to buy trains

sNRZY.png

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'm glad Cyan resolved the rights issues to get Myst V on Steam, but... not including it in the "Cyan Complete Pack" is pretty unfortunate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom