• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chesskid1

Banned
so the DLC/expansion for hard reset will be free. awesome.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2601355

Hey guys, First of all thanks for all the support you showed us with our first game!
To show our respect for all the PC gamers who picked up Hard Reset, we decided that the upcoming Expansion will be
FREE for all those who already own Hard Reset on Steam!
The DLC should be available sometime between the last week of April and the first week of May.

cicero

While this is a legitimate concern of course, I think despite this, it would still be a system superior to Metacritic. I think a system like this would be a solid addition to Steam if implemented properly, for one thing, it absolutely can not let you review games you do not own, because that's the sort of thing that ruins user reviews pretty much anywhere else.

Why not just have both systems?

MRORANGE

Played some Railworks and in a bizarre way it's quite fun, currently using only electronic trains but stopping at stations and picking up passengers is part of the challenge, trying to get perfect stop is part of the skill, I managed to be going at 50mph and ended up missing the stop - then having to reverse back to pick up the passengers, for some reason the doors didn't close, so I thought fuck it just went on. I didn't master how to change tracks so I ended up crashing the damn thing though.

Slightly annoyed that the intercity 390 is not part of the pack would have been fun to drive, considering I was in the cockpit once as a kid, it's DLC so I might get that in the summer.

I'll do a deeper review when I can.

some screen-shots:
ZOhIG.jpg

TLHiz.jpg
vVeqR.jpg

cA0XS.jpg
z2uby.jpg

VseNH.jpg

DJ_Lae

I actually kind of enjoy Railworks in a sad sort of way - it's a lot more challenging than you'd expect (especially nailing stops and maintaining your speed with speed limits), although the scoring system basically lets you drive like a maniac with no real penalty.

It's about worth the five bucks I paid for it the other year.

So I tried searching the thread and couldn't find an answer. Impulse is now a Gamestop game service. Can we still get the games through Steam?

Borderlands is $5 but I don't really feel like getting another gd game download service after Steam and Origin.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
So I tried searching the thread and couldn't find an answer. Impulse is now a Gamestop game service. Can we still get the games through Steam?

Borderlands is $5 but I don't really feel like getting another gd game download service after Steam and Origin.

You can buy Steamworks games through Impulse and register them on Steam.

However, Borderlands on Impulse doesn't appear to register on Steam, as it uses Securom for its DRM protection. Any game with "Steamworks" as its protection will register on Steam.

mannerbot

I've got an unopened Borderlands GOTY in my Steam inventory, PM me with an offer if you'd like to buy it.

Blizzard

Banned
Wow, that train simulator trailer is actually decent.

I don't like paid DLC and only bought the trains vs zombies one (I think I used a coupon on it too). I mostly wanted to support the company by getting the main game since they gave free upgrades to everyone for the second version of the simulator, and I thought that was cool -- and then they gave everyone upgrades to the third version.

Of course they're charging crazy prices for tons of DLC and it might essentially work as a free-to-play model, but I still thought it was a neat gesture and didn't mind picking up the base game at a Steam sale price.

Wow, that train simulator trailer is actually decent.

I don't like paid DLC and only bought the trains vs zombies one (I think I used a coupon on it too). I mostly wanted to support the company by getting the main game since they gave free upgrades to everyone for the second version of the simulator, and I thought that was cool -- and then they gave everyone upgrades to the third version.

Of course they're charging crazy prices for tons of DLC and it might essentially work as a free-to-play model, but I still thought it was a neat gesture and didn't mind picking up the base game at a Steam sale price.

My understanding was that it was essentially a replacement for those dudes who sit in their basement and spend tens of thousands on model trains. $1800 is a lot easier to swallow.

flowsnake

My understanding was that it was essentially a replacement for those dudes who sit in their basement and spend tens of thousands on model trains. $1800 is a lot easier to swallow.

I think it's just that the "gotta buy em all" mentality doesn't work with it. You don't need all the trains, just as a collector of model trains wouldn't buy all the model trains. They'd buy the ones they care about.

verbatimo

Great news to Hard Reset owners:

Hard Reset: Extended Edition’s extra content is coming to Steam for FREE

As promised, Flying Wild Hog has posted the encrypted message on their FB page. And get ready you Hard Reset fans as the extra content of the Enhanced Edition will become available to all of you for FREE. According to the message, the expansion of Hard Reset should be available sometime between the last week of April and the first week of May on Steam. You can find the full, decrypted message below. Rejoice!

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/hard-...ons-extra-content-is-coming-to-steam-for-free

Get the game cheap from St.Patrick's Day Bundle:

http://www.indieroyale.com/

I was playing GTA: Chinatown Wars on IPad the other day. Controls were horrible, but it was pretty fun.

I know it's kinda late, but a port for PC/Steam (and XBLA/PSN) would be great and a instant buy for me. Can't imagine why Rockstar never did it, maybe because it's a good idea :/

I was playing GTA: Chinatown Wars on IPad the other day. Controls were horrible, but it was pretty fun.

I know it's kinda late, but a port for PC/Steam (and XBLA/PSN) would be great and a instant buy for me. Can't imagine why Rockstar never did it, maybe because it's a good idea :/

I'm guessing the assets were just too low res.

epmode

Flying Wild Hog is pulling hard to win the best new developer award.
Yeah, I had a feeling they were going to be good once I saw the quick response to Hard Reset's launch complaints. Developer/publisher goodwill goes a long way with me so I'll be watching them.

Relax.MX

play sonic 1 then 2, sonic 3 and sonic and knuckles before playing any other sonic games.

Maybe is just me but...Sonic Classics not aged well :S sorry Sega fans...for me even in his time...never been that good like everybody says

Sonic Generation is a good start :)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Well then I'm skipping the game. Never got into Sonic games so I guess I won't get into Generations.

daviyoung

Banned
Ledsen's right. It's a good game, whether you like Sonic or not. I'm no fan at all, and most of them just frustrate me but Generations is really well made, and really fun. For that price, it's well worth it.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Well then I'm skipping the game. Never got into Sonic games so I guess I won't get into Generations.

I loved generations, I like more to play classic sonic games but generations had a great mix in it. For 7.49 you can't go wrong, this is a very solid platformer with great value and not to mention the excellent port for PC and the steam integration with achievements if you are into that. Anyway, you can try the demo and judge for yourself.

vocab

Maybe is just me but...Sonic Classics not aged well :S sorry Sega fans...for me even in his time...never been that good like everybody says

Sonic Generation is a good start :)

Sonic has aged fine. You need to play some really older games if you think sonic has aged poorly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom