• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
It's pretty cheap already ;)

It's about psychology, not the relative price. A 10% discount is small, but it grants not only a sense of value or thriftiness, but also a sense of urgency. It would be enough to get people who are only somewhat interested to jump. Now, instead of taking the risk, they'll wait until it is discounted even further than 10%.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
It's about psychology, not the relative price. A 10% discount is small, but it grants not only a sense of value or thriftiness, but also a sense of urgency. It would be enough to get people who are only somewhat interested to jump. Now, instead of taking the risk, they'll wait until it is discounted even further than 10%.
Those people should buy it anyway, it's the best game on Steam from Japan.

Since it's Steam related I thought to ask here.

When you pre-order Rayman Origins, you will also get Rayman 2.
Is it a steam game that will be added to the library as usual?

Can't even see it in the store, so that's why I'm asking.

SPAZ btw is steam sale today.

Wasn't SPAZ already dd'd before?

Yes it was :/

morningbus

Those people should buy it anyway, it's the best game on Steam from Japan.

I should be clear here: I think the game will do well on Steam, especially with people who want more Japanese PC games. It's sales amongst that crowd are not in question.

However, I think they would lure the larger audience: the one that doesn't really care about where the game comes from but is interested in it for whatever reason. These people are on the fence and if given the illusion of a limited deal would jump on it.

There's a reason why most games on Steam have a launch discount. It's proven to drive sales.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
i haven't looked at the store page in a while, but that show/hide dlc button is the best thing

also, yeah it does look bad for Ys when almost every other game on the new release list has that little green "buy me now" discount icon on it.

Lafazar

Since it's Steam related I thought to ask here.

When you pre-order Rayman Origins, you will also get Rayman 2.
Is it a steam game that will be added to the library as usual?

Can't even see it in the store, so that's why I'm asking.

Yes. It even has an icon for the grid view.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's Steam. Nobody buys something at release price since 2004 :p

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Speaking of mind games, one of the the screenshots on the games page has an achievement pop-up in the corner. I suddenly feel the need to purchase it.

HoosTrax

It seems like its been a while since the last tf2 hat promotion... What was the last one? Kingdoms?
JA:BIA, with a nice-looking boonie hat for Sniper and a bizarre / fugly hairdo for Soldier. If we're not talking specifically hats, but any type of game promo, then the Spy knife from Alliance of Valiant Arms free weekend.

JA:BIA, with a nice-looking boonie hat for Sniper and a bizarre / fugly hairdo for Soldier. If we're not talking specifically hats, but any type of game promo, then the Spy knife from Alliance of Valiant Arms free weekend.

Oh man those things were so ugly I wiped them from my mind.

HoosTrax

Oh man those things were so ugly I wiped them from my mind.
The battle bob, no doubt, is ridiculously ugly. I had to look that up on the Wiki to figure out what it was supposed to be.

I like the look of the boonie hat though, although I wish it were usable by the Soldier, maybe painted olive drab or desert tan. Not enough to buy that horrible game though, which I knew was going to bomb. No one knows how to do a proper remake anymore, other than possibly Firaxis.

MW3 was a missed opportunity to offer a PASGT + goggles style helmet for Soldier.

HoosTrax

Binary Domain preorder added. Some of the console guys seem to like this game. Sounds sort of like a mix of ME and GRAW from glancing at Wiki.
Strategy Informer said:
"As well as the excitement generated by Binary Domain in the console press we were seeing increasing numbers of players asking for a PC version. So we listened and we delivered." said Gary Knight, Senior Vice President of Marketing at SEGA.
Replace "Binary Domain" and "SEGA VP of Marketing" with "Dark Souls" and "Namco Bandai" for more win.

morningbus

Binary Domain actually got some pretty decent press. I'm definitely interested, but at a B-tier game price.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Binary is so wishlisted. Definitely a day-one perch for me, it's my kinda game. It would probably do better at $30 (like Alan Wake and Sonic Generations), but considering I almost dropped $60 on the poopy console version, $40 works for me.

MRORANGE

No surprise:

jUCgd.png

ArjanN

Binary Domain preorder added. Some of the console guys seem to like this game. Sounds sort of like a mix of ME and GRAW from glancing at Wiki.

Replace "Binary Domain" and "SEGA VP of Marketing" with "Dark Souls" and "Namco Bandai" for more win.

Or just replace Binary Domain with "every game by Platinum Games."

But Binary Domain looks good too from what I've seen.

Dingotech

At $2.50 I really recommend that people grab SPAZ if they are remotely interested in it.

I played it for over 50 hours and enjoyed it immensly.

It's an action-shooter space game, with RPG elements, ship building and missions to complete.

FatBaby

Anyone know what the Batman AC update is? It's around 130 mb

http://community.batmanarkhamcity.com/forums/showthread.php/15447-PC-Patch-STEAM-Live

Hi All,

We are pleased to confirm that the second patch for the PC version of Batman: Arkham City is now available across all digital platforms. We would like to thank our community for their patience and support while we worked on these fixes.

Fixes that this patch addresses are listed below:

· Occurences of Save File Corruption
· Achievement re-locking issues
· Crossfire/SLI Issues
o Graphical flickering
o FPS improvements when running crossfire
· Instances of 32 bit memory problems
· Improvements to performance in cut scenes and death taunts
· Error messages removed when patching the game and improved patching process

G4WL and retail copies of the game will get the patch shortly, once it is live we will update this thread.

If you have any questions please let us know.

SarahMay

chixdiggit

Anyone know what the Batman AC update is? It's around 130 mb

· Occurences of Save File Corruption
· Achievement re-locking issues
· Crossfire/SLI Issues
o Graphical flickering
o FPS improvements when running crossfire
· Instances of 32 bit memory problems
· Improvements to performance in cut scenes and death taunts
· Error messages removed when patching the game and improved patching process

Hopefully I will be able to play this now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom