• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, Shogun 2 has lots of DLC. Maybe I should wait for a "Game of the Year Edition" at a much later date?

I have a friend that swears for it. I guess i'll download the Demo.

According to Steamprices.com, 7.50 was the cheapest it has ever been, in the last xmas sale. So this is the same price.

Yeah I wanted to pick it up then but totally missed out. Just picked it up today. What's $7.50? I can't picture it getting much cheaper than that anytime soon.

I am still gonna wait on Shogun 2 for the inevitable price crash when Rome Total War 2 (or something similar) is released next year. Empire and Napoleon (with all DLCs) were available for £5-7 last September I think. Besides I haven't played the latter two at all (I have them) and I've installed Third Age and Stainless Steel mods for Medieval 2 a few weeks ago, so plenty of Total War stuff to play meanwhile.

Same with Portal 2, I want it, but it'll be less than £5 in the summer.

confused

Banned
Regarding Steam Wallet Trading:

wjbGm.png

I found someone who had the proof that it should be coming soon.

Didn't they announce last year that they were working on it? I'm pretty sure I read it somewhere around the time they announced big picture mode.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Didn't they announce last year that they were working on it? I'm pretty sure I read it somewhere around the time they announced big picture mode.

What is Steam Wallet Trading? Like, trade games for money?

I really want them to implement Serial Number redeeming to Inventory on duplicate copies. I have all these Indie Bundles leftover keys and I always lose track of them from time to time...

confused

Banned
What is Steam Wallet Trading? Like, trade games for money?

I really want them to implement Serial Number redeeming to Inventory on duplicate copies. I have all these Indie Bundles leftover keys and I always lose track of them from time to time...

Yeah, also gifting wallet money was also mentioned.

If anybody needs help buying from the US store just send me a PM. IIRC the last time Total War was on sale some other territories were getting hosed pretty bad.

Blizzard

Banned
Just wait until they implement gifting money for cheap by using Steam sale money prices in Russia, and an international infinite money loop starts going! Steam will get taken down by the mafia, it's bound to happen!

The_End

has portal 2 been cheaper than 9.99?

this in including christmas and i had a 50% off coupon

I bought it for $7.50 during the Holiday sale. It was 75% off at the time.

If you bought a two pack and sold the extra copy, each person could have gotten it for for something like $6.50.

camerooni

Neo Member
So, that's like
10 euros
7.50 usd
7.50 gbp

or 22.50 usd in Aus/NZ ;)

gotta love sega.. the first of the publishers to inflate the us dollar prices to 'better reflect' local retail and i'm sure they'll be the last should some common sense prevail and we return to the old ways..

ArjanN

You know what would be cool on Steam?

A collection containing Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 and Planescape Torment and Temple of Elemental Evil.

Oh wait, there it is in the registry.

One Ok Rock

Neo Member
I finally got an invite to the DOTA 2 beta... can anybody tell me if I download 'DOTA 2', or 'DOTA 2 Test' from my steam library? Thanksssss!

Carm

At least for me, it only uses 20.5 GB for the base game. I guess it might get up to 32 GB once you start adding the Rise of the Samurai campaign and other DLC.

Still 20.5gb with Rise Campaign and the other dlcs. Everyone has it, just not unlocked.

Are you in offline mode or trying to run the executable instead of launching through Steam?

Online and trying to launch from within Steam, as far as I can tell Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines is the only game not launching, well it's the only one I've tried to launch that won't

Online and trying to launch from within Steam, as far as I can tell Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines is the only game not launching, well it's the only one I've tried to launch that won't

Log off and delete clientregistry.blob in your steam folder and log back it to see if that helps.

This is not necessarily Steam related, but I did join IGN prime because of this thread.

Anyway, they could have picked a better subject line for this email:

PhruP.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom