• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
So fucking happy Binary Domain is getting released on PC. Will pre-order when I get paid.

MAC Steam help please

any Mac steam users know how to launch GTA SA in windowed mode? I want to find all collectables using a map to get my 100% I don't want to spend days on it

please PM if you have a mac and use steam versions thank you

JoseJX

At $2.50 I really recommend that people grab SPAZ if they are remotely interested in it.

I played it for over 50 hours and enjoyed it immensly.

It's an action-shooter space game, with RPG elements, ship building and missions to complete.

I'll second this, this was my favorite pick up from the winter sale. It's worth way more than the $2.50 they're charging for it...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
MAC Steam help please

any Mac steam users know how to launch GTA SA in windowed mode? I want to find all collectables using a map to get my 100% I don't want to spend days on it

please PM if you have a mac and use steam versions thank you

You could upload the image/s somewhere and load it/them in the Steam overlay browser.

Phinor

woah, so it doesnt just prevent corruption, but it fixes ones that are corrupt?

Yep, it fixes most corrupt saves. I got my save back. It probably won't help if you have started a new game over the old save slot already but that's just a guess.

Big-E

Love the new "show DLC" option on the new releases list. Fucking hate seeing a bunch of dungeon defenders dlc crap burying some of the other stuff.

PaulLFC

Binary Domain is £30 in the UK. The price of most new PC games that aren't Call of Duty. Considering it's cheaper everywhere else, that's not impressive Sega.

Binary Domain is £30 in the UK. The price of most new PC games that aren't Call of Duty. Considering it's cheaper everywhere else, that's not impressive Sega.
Yeah, that's too expensive for me but considering it's Sega + Steamworks + Retail release I can see it hitting sub £15 in a couple of months / weeks in the usual online stores. I'll be patient.

What could be the reason behind the error "This game is currently unavailble"?
I followed the steam faq but it didn't work, so i unistalled the game (Renegade Ops) and steam, reinstalled and now it works.

ShaneB

ps: i don't know if it's the right topic, but, would someone mind adding me as friend on steam?
I have no friends into pc gaming, and the the eternally empty list makes me sad. xD
My id is Amineptine.
Thanks in advance.

I'm always welcome to adding more folks to my Steam list, so I'll add you shortly.

Do you actually play games? :p Feels like my Steam list is getting fairly sizable, but it feels rare to actually see people playing games. lol

edit: Although I guess I'm not one to talk, I stare at my games list I think more than I spend playing games.

1-D_FTW

What could be the reason behind the error "This game is currently unavailble"?
I followed the steam faq but it didn't work, so i unistalled the game (Renegade Ops) and steam, reinstalled and now it works.

ps: i don't know if it's the right topic, but, would someone mind adding me as friend on steam?
I have no friends into pc gaming, and the the eternally empty list makes me sad. xD
My id is Amineptine.
Thanks in advance.

Corrupted files will do that. Could have probably got it working again just by verifying the cache.

EDIT: Unless that's part of the FAQ. Don't know if it is. Should be.

MRORANGE

True. It was more a complaint at Sega for pricing the game competitively on Steam everywhere else, but not here.

ehhh I say it's reasonable,, I mean GAME usually charged £34.99 or if it was cod for pc it would be £44.99, supermarkets and amazon still trump all of them though.

Regarding Steam Wallet Trading:

wjbGm.png

I found someone who had the proof that it should be coming soon.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
So it's good?

RTS... more of Age of or Warcraft?

The RTS part is very blizzardy. The RPG stuff feels like a party based RPG, kind of infinity engine style. Keep in mind that both halves are not as deep as a standalone entry in either would be but they are blended together very well.

That sounds like a cool mix, Universe worth it or just Gold edition?

I've only played the second one, but it's gigantinormous so you could probably get away with just that.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I feel like I should finally buy Shogun 2. I've heard a lot of good about it. How accessible is it for people like me who have very little experience with RTS games? I loved C&C: Red Alert back in the day but I haven't played a real RTS game since then.

C_H_T

I feel like I should finally buy Shogun 2. I've heard a lot of good about it. How accessible is it for people like me who have very little experience with RTS games? I loved C&C: Red Alert back in the day but I haven't played a real RTS game since then.

A demo is available.

HoosTrax

I feel like I should finally buy Shogun 2. I've heard a lot of good about it. How accessible is it for people like me who have very little experience with RTS games? I loved C&C back in the day but I haven't played a real RTS game since then.
There is an in-game tutorial that walks you through everything you need to know.

Personally, I bought all of the Total War games together in one pack, and thought it would ease me into the series if I started out with Rome TW. Well after playing through all of them, they're all quite similar from a gameplay point of view, although Shogun 2 does add a skill tree RPG-like element. So I don't think it would have been much more difficult to start out with Shogun 2 instead of RTW. The main difference from game to game is what factions / geographic location / units are available, unlike with Civ, where there are huge gameplay changes from game to game.

The game is surprisingly demanding though, hardware-wise.

Some recent price drops.

Portal 2: $19.99 (was $29.99).
Far Cry 2: $9.99 (was $19.99).
Risen: $19.99 (was $29.99).
Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific: $9.99 (was $19.99).
World In Conflict: $9.99 (was $19.99).

There are probably more.

ShaneB

It was cheaper during the christmas sale, but perhaps I can bug my friend to buy Portal 2 on pc. Good timing as I was telling him a couple days ago how he needs to play it asap.

Javaman

Oh sweeet. Paradox just updated Majesty 1 gold to use HD assets/rez. Totally almost slipped under my radar.

Also World in Conflict is a great RTS. You don't have to worry about base building, just focusing on combat and tactics. If anyone has it be sure to run the Soviet executable instead of the vanilla one. The former meshes the additional missions into the latter's storyline.

Nymerio

Has DCS: A10-C Warthog ever been on sale? I'm getting myself a HOTAS setup for my birthday and I'm looking for things to play with this. Don't know if I should just buy now or wait for a sale sometime down the line.

PaulLFC

Steam is acting as if I don't own Rise of the Samurai when I go to the store page, but when I view Shogun 2 DLC it's listed there. Strange.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Hmm, Shogun 2 has lots of DLC. Maybe I should wait for a "Game of the Year Edition" at a much later date?

I have a friend that swears for it. I guess i'll download the Demo.

According to Steamprices.com, 7.50 was the cheapest it has ever been, in the last xmas sale. So this is the same price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom