• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I have 2 coupons for AC:Revelations. 50% Off. Add me to steam if you want them. SteamID is on my GAF profile. Coupons expire on April 1st.

Edit: I just saw morningbus post :lol

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
yeah...ummm...if someone wants one of my three heroes of might and magic 6 coupons or my one ass creed one...though that dude with 72+ holy fuck!

just pm me

MRORANGE

you know what would be cool? Steam giving us coupons when we get achievements, it would be quite a fun way to get them as well as encouraging users to play games.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
you know what would be cool? Steam giving us coupons when we get achievements, it would be quite a fun way to get them as well as encouraging users to play games.

I like the idea, but sadly the internet is full of greedy scumsuckers who would find a way to ruin it for the rest of us. People would be farmin' coupons like mad.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Shogun 2 keeps crashing period for me :\

Managed to fix it by digging into the preference file and adjusting the resolution there.

Try to validate the files? The first time I did it I was missing 10 for some reason. Who knows if they were causing the crashes but it seems odd to be missing so many.

MRORANGE

I like the idea, but sadly the internet is full of greedy scumsuckers who would find a way to ruin it for the rest of us. People would be farmin' coupons like mad.

you could impose tf2 style limits of only getting 7 or so items (coupons0 a week, getting achievements is still a lot of work for most games, there's only so many humble keys out there.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Most steam games can be cheated to get achievements, in a perfect world that idea would be awesome, but it's not.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

It's a good idea, but there are ways hackers and others have to turn on the values in the Steam client to either say you have or don't have an achievement, which could break the system.

Zizbuka

Banned
I don't suppose that big 48-game Sega genesis pack currently on sale at Amazon ties into Steam in any way does it? Doesn't seem like it from the page, but I figured that I would ask since lots of the other Sega stuff is Steamworks. The sale prices for the Sega Genesis games are always just a little too much even during holiday sales to impulse buy. But picking up the entire pack for $7 just seems too nice. I might nab it even if I can't tie it into Steam.

I picked up the Genesis pack a long time ago, I swear every time a new game is added I get it for free. :)

Branokil

Neo Member
Well.. i got myself a handfull of Assassins Creed Revelation coupons. So if you want one, just add me or say something :)

epmode

Warp is up. $10.

And is this the first time that Origin is required for a Steam game?

NTERNET CONNECTION, EA/ORIGIN ACCOUNT, ACCEPTANCE OF PRODUCT AND ORIGIN END USER LICENSE AGREEMENTS, AND REGISTRATION WITH ENCLOSED SINGLE-USE SERIAL CODE(S) REQUIRED TO PLAY, ACCESS BONUS CONTENT (IF ANY) AND ACCESS ONLINE SERVICES. SERIAL CODE REGISTRATION IS LIMITED TO ONE EA/ORIGIN ACCOUNT PER SERIAL CODE. SERIAL CODE(S) ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE ONCE USED. EULAS AND ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURES CAN BE FOUND AT WWW.EA.COM/1/PRODUCT-EULAS. EA ONLINE PRIVACY POLICY AND TERMS OF SERVICE CAN BE FOUND AT WWW.EA.COM. YOU MUST BE 13+ TO ACTIVATE SOFTWARE, ACCESS ONLINE FEATURES AND REGISTER FOR AN EA/ORIGIN ACCOUNT. EA MAY RETIRE ONLINE FEATURES AFTER 30 DAYS NOTICE POSTED ON WWW.EA.COM/2/SERVICE-UPDATES.

TheExodu5

Banned
I've got some AC:R coupons and M&M VI coupons.

Oh please *PLEASE* don't turn the next 10 pages of this thread into coupon begging.

For the love of god no.

Rule is gone from the OP. It probably won't go on much longer, since there aren't too many types of coupons out there. If it becomes an issue, I'm sure stump or someone else will step in.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Too bad there aren't any Anno 2070 coupons instead, I have zero interest in AssRev or M&M.

i have two coupons here: 50% off asscreed revelations and 50% off might and magic vi (thanks kuro :p). free to a good home!

and if there are any spare clash of heroes coupons floating around i wouldn't mind one.

Blizzard

Banned
Warp is up. $10.

Are we 100% sure that the Origin service itself is required? I looked at the page and that description makes it sound like to play online or access online features, you need an EA/Origin account, but I don't see any mention of the Origin client specifically.

It also sounds like you might be able to play offline (like with Mirror's Edge) without making an EA account at all.

Warp is up. $10.

Gatling Gears has the same disclaimer but you don't need the actual Origin client to play the game. You need to login with a EA/Origin account to activate the game and access online features though.

EDIT: Whoops, beaten.

HoosTrax

Are we 100% sure that the Origin service itself is required? I looked at the page and that description makes it sound like to play online or access online features, you need an EA/Origin account, but I don't see any mention of the Origin client specifically.

It also sounds like you might be able to play offline (like with Mirror's Edge) without making an EA account at all.
An Origin account is 100% required no matter what -- someone who bought the game has already confirmed that on Steam. This isn't KoA:Reckoning, where they provide a button for you to opt out / skip that step.

DTKT

Gatling Gears has the same disclaimer but you don't need the actual Origin client to play the game. You need to login with a EA/Origin account to activate the game and access online features though.

That's probably it.

Warp is an EA Partners game I think.

camerooni

Neo Member
Though it hasn't been announced I'm guessing this is Ubisoft getting as many sales as possible to maximise the more expensive DLC sales down the track after they release the Revelations: Ottoman Edition (announced for consoles that includes all dlc in the box)..

Sure you may have gotten the base game for 25 bucks.. but there's another 20 or so in the DLC ;) (though if you're aussie like me.. they want 40 usd for the base game with the coupon.. lol :p) If there was a 50% off brotherhood coupon I'd be all over that tho..

An Origin account is 100% required no matter what -- someone who bought the game has already confirmed that on Steam. This isn't KoA:Reckoning, where they provide a button for you to opt out / skip that step.

It's not that I don't believe you, but do you have a link for that? Drm is serious bussiness. Don't make me email you ea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom