• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
$10 sounds right for Dungeon Siege 3. It's like a bizarro Obsidian game...it's unambitious, the world and character writing are super boring, but it's fundamentally sound and polished. I managed to play it from start to finish within a week, the solid combat and loot were enough to hold my attention for the 15 or so hours it lasted but I don't feel any desire to play it again. Obsidian did it for the paycheck, and not out of love for the "game", and it shows. Their talent is enough to save it from complete mediocrity, but it's not nearly as memorable as the rest of their catalog. If the genre appeals to you, it's worth ten bucks. Just be sure to choose Katarina (the gun chick), she kicks ass.

What is wrong with my Steam paypal page??

rN7LU.jpg

All I have is that tiny window to work around in and I cant find any way to expand it to full. It worked fine last week.

Blizzard

Banned
I'm probably really late to notice this, but search has been added to the Steam friends list. Now if you know someone who changes their name constantly, it's easier to find them! It's still not an alias, but it's a lot better than before.

Derrick01

Banned
$10 sounds right for Dungeon Siege 3. It's like a bizarro Obsidian game...it's unambitious, the world and character writing are super boring, but it's fundamentally sound and polished. I managed to play it from start to finish within a week, the solid combat and loot were enough to hold my attention for the 15 or so hours it lasted but who knows if I'll ever play it again. Obsidian did it for the paycheck, and not out of love for the "game", and it shows. Their talent is enough to save it from complete mediocrity, but it's not nearly as memorable as the rest of their catalog. If the genre appeals to you, it's worth ten bucks. Just be sure to choose Katarina (the gun chick), she's kicks ass.

This is probably the best and most accurate description I've seen on the game, even with the correct character choice.

Just picked up Dungeon Siege Complete for $10. Don't know when/if I'll play it, any recommendations?[/url]

Sooo.....instead of saving 30 bucks, you just wasted 10? ;)

Skipping the purchase myself. I´m not about to go buy mediocre/ok games when I still have great games to play.

Nabs

Steam Compact looks kind of ugly. I usually roll vanilla, but if I had to pick a skin, it would be Apparition (Basic).

And now I'm getting this message at checkout.

There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

Going on for several minutes. Hope it's just a temporary glitch and not my account being blocked from making purchases.

I would assume that both Microsoft Flight and Age of Empires Online are being added this week.

AOEO had a trailer added and Microsoft Flight had a starter pack added to the registry.

Gav47

And now I'm getting this message at checkout.

Going on for several minutes. Hope it's just a temporary glitch and not my account being blocked from making purchases.

That happens when you don't complete your initial Paypal transaction. I've had it happen to me during steam sales were I've went as far as the paypal screen and then backed out to add something else to my cart. It usually takes 2hrs+ for Steam to cancel the first transaction.

Fuck. Now I have to get Dungeon Siege.

Don't you understand? I HAVE TO

You can make it man. It's tough, but after that time runs out and you reflect back on it you realize that you could wait for that game. Latest one it happened to me with was TR Anniversary. Sure it was only 2.50, but I've got more games than I can play now, and it will be 2.50 again.

Sysgen

DS3 is in the top 10 but not the collection. That's crazy. People should be buying the collection. Treasures of the Sun adds not just quests but game play changes like item enhancements + the dlc is great and lengthy. TOS also has the games best weapons and armor. On top of that you get the 1st 2 games as well.

TheExodu5

Banned
DS3 is a terrible game. Avoid. It's the most braindead action RPG I've ever played.

Well...a bit of hyperbole on my part. It's not terrible, but it's not particularly engaging. It's a corridor RPG with an uninteresting story, pointless loot, and poorly conceived class mechanics. It might be alright for an afternoon romp, but it's not going to engage you any more than your average corridor shooter.

Sysgen

DS3 is a terrible game. Avoid. It's the most braindead action RPG I've ever played.

Well...a bit of hyperbole on my part. It's not terrible, but it's not particularly engaging. It's a corridor RPG with an uninteresting story, pointless loot, and poorly conceived class mechanics. It might be alright for an afternoon romp, but it's not going to engage you any more than your average corridor shooter.

Don't let posts like this put anyone off. It's surprisingly polished, has a well thought out and constructed story / lore. Thought it had a Japanese tinge. The loot is good enough and unlike DS2 you don't get mired down in loot management though there is a bit of it. True, no skill trees and wasn't a big fan of it's ability / proficiency system nor the lack of health and mana potions but these are compensated for by a DMC health system. One of the few, maybe the only PC games of it's type where you could get on your couch and play this in front of your TV with a controller.

StuBurns

Banned
I can't find the thread, but the latest Game Trailers Bound Round seems to imply there won't be a second 'real' DLC for Portal 2, just the level creation tools. Have Valve said anything about that lately?

Pre-ordered Risen 2: Dark Waters, guess I'm in balls deep now. Stallion's vague posting about the beta didn't make it an easy purchase but I loved the fuck out of the first Risen and I've still got high hopes for Dark Waters.

I'm still unsure if I should pre-order. Risen was great but I'm not sold on some of the changes in the sequel.

If I wanted to get into the Stronghold series should I just get the first one? I've read bad things about 3(maybe it has been patched?) and 2 is supposed to be overly complicated.
Are there any similar games worth looking into?

I liked how you had the whole Duke Nukem Forever mysogynist controversy at the time, yet on the first things you see in Dungeon Siege 3 (the demo) is a pair of floating tits in a red dress and puffed lips like mad.

I always enjoy knowing that gamers are essentially voiced by a bunch of hypocrites, yes sir I surely do.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
great deals this weekend..Dungeon Siege complete and fallout bundle just can't be overlooked
Can't wait till this Sept/Oct when I can purchase a Steam Tablet..er windows 8 tablet and revel in portable gaming, PC style.
I really think Steam and GOG are gonna be The must have windows 8 apps for me

MRORANGE

Just a heads up if you missed : Indie Bundle Thread basically trying to keep tabs on all bundles that are out and that are coming soon.

great deals this weekend..Dungeon Siege complete and fallout bundle are great deals ..
Can't wait till this Sept/Oct when I can purchase a Steam Tablet..er windows 8 tablet and revel in portable gaming, PC style.
I really think Steam and GOG are gonna be The must have windows 8 apps for me

an ARM version of steam would be interesting.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
Just a heads up if you missed : Indie Bundle Thread basically trying to keep tabs on all bundles that are out and that are coming soon.

an ARM version of steam would be interesting.

Not sure if joking or not ..so gonna assume your sincere ;-) .. its gotta be x86 or none of existing PC games would work. ARM will only work with new metro apps not legacy apps

1-D_FTW

Fucking fail, UBI.

So I figured I was going to start the Assassin's Creed series. And because I don't have time for junk, I've decided to skip 1.

Launch AC 2. Patching. Through UBI. More patching. Even more patching. Get to the conclusion and "PATCHING FAILED, TRY AGAIN LATER".

Wow. I honestly thought this was one of the issues EA had with Steam. I wish Valve did outlaw this. Really? You won't let Steam handle this for you and then you can't do it yourself, UBI?

EDIT:

Go to register and "UBI Soft services are down for the moment."

Go fuck off. I'll play something else and remove the UBI games from my wishlist.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
dungeon siege 3 that bad? did they patch it all all since release?

Dungeon Siege 3 is divisive. I've read people in this thread calling it terrible and boring, yet people whose opinions I generally agree with and value accordingly say it can be a lot of fun, especially with a good co-op partner.

It didn't really need patching to fix anything. This is Obsidian's most technically sound release to date, built off their own homegrown engine. It basically proves that they're mostly victims of circumstance, having to work around Publishers' shitty choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom