• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have my PC hooked up to a TV. I have the pc and 360 version of Borderlands partly because of this.

Gearbox don't think enough people do to warrant it or something :(

If they don't add it in I'm going to be playing 2 at a crap resolution, framerate and with shit texture pop-in again on consoles. Great!

confused

Banned
Gearbox don't think enough people do to warrant it or something :(

If they don't add it in I'm going to be playing 2 at a crap resolution, framerate and with shit texture pop-in again on consoles. Great!

I just won't get it. No sense in still giving them a sale if they don't really deserve it.

MRORANGE

Well it's a couch co-op game, so it's better suited to consoles because most people don't have large TV:s connected to their PC:s and all that. If you play solo then yeah, you might as well get the PC version.

8em6D.gif

I suddenly want Chrono Trigger on Steam.

That would be nice, althought I don't know which version they could port from, the only candidate would be the iOS or the PSN version. Square Enix did try getting FF7 & FF8 on Steam but the assets (think it ran at 320*240) of the game looked really bad for today so they ditched it. I think it's still listed in the registry.

cicero

Should have asked this before: are the expansion packs worth it?

I never did buy or play Dungeon Siege II: Broken World, just the base game. As for Dungeon Siege: Legends of Aranna, I remember it adding 15+ hours of familiar gameplay. I thought it was worth the something around $20 I paid for it around 9 years ago. As for being worth it today? I honestly don't even know. I actually remembered the graphics of the base game as being a bit better until I went and looked at some larger screenshots after I bought the Dungeon Siege Complete pack tonight. Rose-tinted glasses of nostalgia...

DS1 with the Ultima V: Lazarus mod should be good though!

coopolon

Hmm. I want the Treasures of the Sun DLC. I already have DS3. I'm having a very hard time deciding if I want to pay the extra $7.50 for DS1 and 2. I have a huge backlog, I doubt I'll ever get around to playing them...but the idea of playing the Ultima remakes does intrigue me.

I see quite a few people wondering about coop for DS3 well if anyone wants to give it a try today my steam id is plbelanger just sent me a friend request. Personally haven't tried the game yet.

Freezard

I seem to have come to the place where everyone play co-op locally on their PC:s, and not online/LAN like every PC gamer I've ever known. My apologies, this was my first post. You cannot deny that DS3 is a consolized game though, because most people do actually still play online, which unfortunately is terribly implemented in this game. Not to forget the fact that there's no modding support at all, something that was one of the best feature in the original game.

And no, I do not work for Microsoft... I'm a PC gamer who just happen to own a console or three, for various games. Feel free to add me on Steam, I play all sorts of co-op games!

Tess3ract

Banned
It's a game made to appeal to the lowest common denominator (console gamers in general)

So it makes sense it lacks any features PC gamers would consider important.

What's a really good poker game on Steam? I know about Poker Night The Inventory but i gets mentioned a lot because of the items for Team Fortress.

Don't know about straight poker but I really like Runespell: Overture. Poker combined with an rpg makes for a very interesting and fun game for me at least.
Yea, i like this type of game but is standard poker included? I would like to play multi with other people that might not be into RPG style gaming.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
I seem to have come to the place where everyone play co-op locally on their PC:s, and not online/LAN like every PC gamer I've ever known. My apologies, this was my first post. You cannot deny that DS3 is a consolized game though, because most people do actually still play online, which unfortunately is terribly implemented in this game. Not to forget the fact that there's no modding support at all, something that was one of the best feature in the original game.

And no, I do not work for Microsoft... I'm a PC gamer who just happen to own a console or three, for various games. Feel free to add me on Steam, I play all sorts of co-op games!

It was the comment about how PC gamers only play on monitors and not giant tvs. Lots of people here play PC games with controllers on tvs to play at 1080p/60fps, something consoles can't do.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

The worst part of your mistake is that the camera is shared in co-op no matter how you play so it doesn't matter in the slightest if you play on a 24 inch monitor. It's not being cut in half.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Snuggle Truck just got added to the Humble Android bundle

They haven't updated the site yet, it seems.

Interesting side story about Snuggle Truck: it started its life as Smuggle Truck, a game about transporting illegal immigrants. After the App store rejected the game, they reskinned it.

Eusis

Huh, thought there might've been another day for the SE sale since it listed to March 26th, but I guess that's the end day rather than one final daily deal. Ah well, it was Dungeon Siege I had been waiting on anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom