• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Since I'm not smart enough to figure out how to hide text behind quoting, here's a Hamilton's Great Adventure Retro Fever key out in the open for whatever non registered mouth breather sees it first.

YC47V-0AVIC-495K0

goober

Since I'm not smart enough to figure out how to hide text behind quoting, here's a Hamilton's Great Adventure Retro Fever key out in the open for whatever non registered mouth breather sees it first.

YC47V-0AVIC-495K0

No one posted that they claimed it :(

gblues

Banned
I posted in the F1 2011 thread but I'll post it here: I have a 50% off F1 2011 coupon from the holiday sale. I'm not going to use it, so if anyone's planning to pick it up by March 1st, it's yours for the asking. All you have to do is shoot me a PM. First come, first served. Trades welcome but definitely not required!

The Hamilton deal came just in time, I finished the game yesterday and I wanted the DLC for cheap. Bought!

By the way, do you guys think that Hamilton's name has something to do with hamiltonian paths? Most squares can only be crossed once, and in a hamiltonian path you visit each vertex of a graph exactly once... Someone pointed it to me when I was explaining him how the game worked, and it sounds reasonable.

Echoplx

Describe issues of such nature.

- Bad performance on AMD, a lot of FPS drops and stuttering from what I've read but everything's been fine for me on Nvidia.

- Crappy in game voice chat that cannot be disabled, they INTENTIONALLY added echo to it when you are in caves.

- Connecting can be a pain sometimes and the servers can be laggy.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
- Bad performance on AMD, a lot of FPS drops and stuttering from what I've read but everything's been fine for me on Nvidia.

- Crappy in game voice chat that cannot be disabled, they INTENTIONALLY added echo to it when you are in caves.

- Connecting can be a pain sometimes and the servers can be laggy.

So we clear, the latter 2 are not related to ATI? I will keep an eye out. For that price, it's easier to deal with a buy. Plus we've had a Catalyst driver or 2 since release.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
For that price and co op. I have not read a lot due to not wanting to spoil myself. I may wait for when the money falls in my hand. Things have been so tight the last 5 months, I've had no breathing room for impulse buys. Thanks for the responses!

Firebrand

Thanks for the impressions on LotR. I might bite if I can find a co-op partner as I considered getting it at release, got a lot on the plate after the holiday sale though.

PaulLFC

Hamilton's Great Adventure
75% off
$2.49 / 2490 BC
Redeems on steam
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-HGA/hamiltons-great-adventure

Retro Fever DLC
75% off
$0.25 / 250 BC (if you've ever bought anything on gamersgate, you might already have enough for it)
Redeems on steam
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-HGARF/hamiltons-great-adventure-retro-fever
Do those blue coins amounts change? Or are we just getting ripped off in the UK again? I would have had enough for the DLC at 250 coins, but now it's showing 392 coins. I'll just buy it anyway!

Mupod

Did Hydrophobia end up being any good? I remember very little buzz back when it came out here on Gaf.

I was looking forward to it when it was announced, but when I played the demo on 360 it was absolutely awful. I appreciate the devs' attempt at fixing their game with the free overhaul and price drops, but even that didn't help much based on my second attempt at the demo. I honestly wouldn't pay 3 bucks for it, although I haven't played the PC version.

AcridMeat

Banned
I was looking forward to it when it was announced, but when I played the demo on 360 it was absolutely awful. I appreciate the devs' attempt at fixing their game with the free overhaul and price drops, but even that didn't help much based on my second attempt at the demo. I honestly wouldn't pay 3 bucks for it, although I haven't played the PC version.

That's a shame to hear the giant overhaul still didn't do enough. I remember seeing it at PAX and it looked fairly interesting.

Another reason why I can't buy any games this year:

My Steam library is at 75.

That's entirely too much for me.

I know, I'm a lightweight.

Blizzard

Banned
I liked what I played of Hydrophobia. The story and the water effects were kind of interesting to me. Maybe I didn't play long enough to get to the bad parts though.

oipic

Just purchased the (Steam key) DLC for Hamilton's Great Adventure from GamersGate for 25 cents - almost feels like robbery.

Derrick01

Banned
What are the chances Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning will come to Steam? EA doesn't own this IP do they?

Schilling insisted that it was going to be on Steam. Since it's just an EA partners game I don't think EA can or will mess with it too much. It's pretty much only their "big" games that will be everywhere except Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom