• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilflare

DOTA2 sounds like a big possibility...

or maybe they are just there to show off more sales figures..
and how viable Steam as a platform is. (other than the downtime, Steam has had impressive growth the past months)

I would assume either Big Picture Mode or a new feature or product will be shown (like a Steam App for iOS and Android).

I doubt that it'll be Dota 2. It's really not the type of event that it would be good to show at.

wilflare

I would assume either Big Picture Mode or a new feature or product will be shown (like a Steam App for iOS and Android).

I doubt that it'll be Dota 2. It's really not the type of event that it would be good to show at.

Steam App for iOS would be awesome.. been hoping a Steam-style management for iOS games...

Zzoram

Don't think Steam on iOS makes sense, it won't happen.

Big Picture UI demo for TV for sure, anything else is gravy.

TheExodu5

Banned
Ugh...wanted to continue playing Mass Effect 2 tonight since I haven't played it in a while, and it won't connect to Cerberus Network. Won't let me continue my game because it has DLC attached to it.

I love DRM.

Flunkie

Banned
Ugh...wanted to continue playing Mass Effect 2 tonight since I haven't played it in a while, and it won't connect to Cerberus Network. Won't let me continue my game because it has DLC attached to it.

I love DRM.
I thought they permanently turned off Cerberus Network? Maybe I'm thinking of something else.

Don't think Steam on iOS makes sense, it won't happen.

Big Picture UI demo for TV for sure, anything else is gravy.

Why doesn't it make sense? I'd love an android app. People aren't looking for ios games through steam. They just want something to buy stuff and not go through the browser on the phone. That is what he's talking about. And maybe remote downloads... Now that would make me excited.

TheExodu5

Banned
I'm not sure why it won't connect to it, but I don't really care. The point is that I can't play my game because it has DLC attached to it. I wish I had no DLC in the first place so at least I could play my game offline.

I'm not sure why it won't connect to it, but I don't really care. The point is that I can't play my game because it has DLC attached to it. I wish I had no DLC in the first place so at least I could play my game offline.

I just said that I was able to get into ME2 just fine - offline as well. I have all the DLC.

goober

I got an xbox controller! Sequence seems so much easier to play now.

I've only played like a minute or so just to try it out.

Rufus

I got an xbox controller! Sequence seems so much easier to play now.
Were you trying to use both WASD and the arrow keys before? That's what I did at first, until it dawned on me that there was absolutely no reason to do that. The game seems to suggest that you divide the inputs between two hands, but with only four lanes it's a) not needed and b) I found consistently dividing the inputs between two hands to be more difficult.

goober

Were you trying to use both WASD and the arrow keys before? That's what I did at first, until it dawned on me that there was absolutely no reason to do that. The game seems to suggest that you divide the inputs between two hands, but with only four lanes it's a) not needed and b) I found consistently dividing the inputs between two hands to be more difficult.

Yeah, that's what I was using. Well, mostly WASD to clear gems. Then Q and E to switch boards. Then 1-4 for spells.

But I kept hitting the wrong spell or would shift to the wrong board lol.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Schilling insisted that it was going to be on Steam. Since it's just an EA partners game I don't think EA can or will mess with it too much. It's pretty much only their "big" games that will be everywhere except Steam.

Crysis is an EA Partner games, though Crytek seems to be more than a partner. Good news is that it will make me want to purchase the game a heck of a lot more now.

Caerith

Yeah, that's what I was using. Well, mostly WASD to clear gems. Then Q and E to switch boards. Then 1-4 for spells.

But I kept hitting the wrong spell or would shift to the wrong board lol.
I used arrow keys (right hand) for gems, LCtrl and LAlt for switching boards, and numbers for spells. I tried a gamepad but hitting multiple inputs at the same time (looking at you, Piano Jam) is too much for one thumb and it's complicated trying to split it between two. Keyboard is faster and more accurate for me.

But, whatever input works for you, Sequence is a great game.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
So Aquaria is next-up in my backlog...

A lot of people here seem to like it, but I'm about 30 minutes in and its not really doing anything for me :/

Blizzard

Banned

A lot of people here seem to like it, but I'm about 30 minutes in and its not really doing anything for me :/
I think it depends on the person a lot. It is very pretty and relaxing though, unless it does indeed pick up in the action later on. I liked it and was a fan of the music.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Anyone know if CHOPLIFTER HD is ever coming to PC?

No PS3 at the moment but damn that is a lovely game.

Yeah, looks like it is coming tomorrow:
InXile Entertainment confirmed release dates and pricing for Choplifter HD across the PlayStation Network, Xbox Live Arcade and PC.

Choplifter HD will be available for download next Tuesday, January 10 on the PlayStation Network and PC; and will be available just a few hours later on January 11 on the Xbox Live Arcade. Priced at $14.99 or 1200 Microsoft points, Choplifter HD is developed by inXile Entertainment. InXile will publish the PlayStation Network and PC versions and will co-publish the Xbox Live Arcade version with Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.

In Choplifter HD, players take control of a variety of helicopters armed with a number of offensive capabilities so they can swoop in and make daring rescues in hot zones. The game features more than 30 missions ranging from straight prisoner extraction to dropping off saboteurs that blow buildings sky high to saving survivors from viral outbreaks. Pilots must bank, hover, touchdown, and sometimes even shake loose pesky zombies hanging from their choppers. Gamers can also look forward to a few cameos from some of the videogame industry's most legendary leading men including Duke Nukem and Super Meat Boy. Choplifter HD combines intense action, humor and tons of variety, creating developer inXile Entertainment's own, fresh take on the original Choplifter experience. Choplifter HD is rated T for Teen by the ESRB and dares players to risk their lives in order to save others starting today.

For more information about Choplifter HD, visit www.choplifterhd.com.

Played about 3 hours and cleared 2 or 3 dungeons but it never really clicked with me. Plan on giving it another go at some point down the road.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
It´s not a good game for backlog rushes.

Not trying to rush anything (Hell I've had 3D Dot Game Heroes in my "Now Playing" for 5 months now >.>) but so far its just not really clicking with me. I think part of that is the controls. Its not properly optimized for a controller so half the time I'm pressing keys on the keyboard as much as I am the controller.

1-D_FTW

Not trying to rush anything (Hell I've had 3D Dot Game Heroes in my "Now Playing" for 5 months now >.>) but so far its just not really clicking with me. I think part of that is the controls. Its not properly optimized for a controller so half the time I'm pressing keys on the keyboard as much as I am the controller.

Once you get passed the demo part (which seemed to last a couple hours and gives the worst demo impression ever IMO), it does pick up a lot. Very good game.

But like its beginning which takes forever to get moving, the ending overstays its welcome too. The part between the SLOWW beginning and ENDLESS ENDING, however, is fantastic.

Give it another hour or so. If it´s not clicking for you then, then it´s probably not a game for you, and you can cross it of your backlog list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom