• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Just ARMA II itself. I thought I'd enjoy it as I like realistic military shooters in concept I guess...but damn, the overall execution bored me to shit.
Same happened to me. I'm not a big fan of military stuff, but I've always enjoyed methodical tactical FPSes like Brothers in Arms, Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon or SWAT and I thought I would have fun with it. I don't think I ever managed to kill anything in the freaking first level, and everything about handling the game feels uncomfortable.

Same happened to me. I'm not a big fan of military stuff, but I've always enjoyed methodical tactical FPSes like Brothers in Arms, Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon or SWAT and I thought I would have fun with it. I don't think I ever managed to kill anything in the freaking first level, and everything about handling the game feels uncomfortable.

Yea pretty much :(

DTKT

You are all not hardcore enough.

Arma is the game that separates the weak from the strong.

Joking aside, I can totally understand why the game doesn't click with someone.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
But you have to play a game like 50 hours to know if you like it or not. That's what DOTA2 people tell me.

grkazan12

I'll delete this post if it isn't the right place to post.

So I just got Max Payne 1 & 2 for pre ordering Max Payne 3 on steam. I'm willing to trade both games for another game on Steam. Just PM if anyone's interested.

HoosTrax

Anno is more by the books - Tropico's unique humor and charm is pretty much rare and Anno doesn't have them.
That's a shame -- Tropico's personality is definitely what set it apart for me as someone who doesn't usually gravitate towards city builders. I actually bought the Tropico 3 pack early on during the weekend, but eventually caved and bought 4 as well. I kind of miss having Betty Boom berate me constantly (I've only finished three of the campaign missions in Tropico 4 so far, so hopefully eventually she makes an appearance later?).

Ledsen

Yay. Now I just need to be excited about the game. :|

Let me make you excited: ARKANE is making it.

That's a shame -- Tropico's personality is definitely what set it apart for me as someone who doesn't usually gravitate towards city builders. I actually bought the Tropico 3 pack early on during the weekend, but eventually caved and bought 4 as well. I kind of miss having Betty Boom berate me constantly (I've only finished three of the campaign missions in Tropico 4 so far, so hopefully eventually she makes an appearance later?).

Anno has tons of charm, all the little animations and the beautiful graphics really give it a unique personality. It may not have the jokes and satires that Tropico has, but IMO it has the superior atmosphere and is also the superior game.

Eusis

That was a Game For Windows logo. It's a generic title for any games that's certified to work in Windows. It's not GFWL.
Yeah, Bethesda's been doing it for their games whether or not they are GFWL. While I'd prefer they just go with ONLY art, I do prefer having that banner there rather than that hideous generic looking PC bar that companies like Rockstar are still using for some asinine reason. Seriously, I hate that thing way more than is logical.

Haeleos

Finding the good game buried under ARMA is really hard, but when you do, there won't be another gaming experience that will match it. The game demands a lot from the community, and is heavily dependent on if you can find other people looking for the same experience from it. (search "briggsil arma" on youtube to see why I bought it.)

vall03

Looks like 3 of the eXceed shmups are coming to steam, published by Capcom.

they've announced that since the start that they're are releasing it on Steam. I've been waiting for more than a month now including Cherry Tree High Comedy Club. Nyu Media can't do anything with this since its on Capcoms hand, and Capcom basically just said that its a "long process". They should have just surprised us by not telling us that its coming to Steam. The wait is seriously excruciating... *sigh*

Wok

Is Dear Esther worth 4 euros? I did not like the mod, but improved graphics... and are there subtitles?

At least, they use an almost correct exchange rate.

Baha

Is Dear Esther worth 4 euros? I did not like the mod, but improved graphics... and are there subtitles?

At least, they use an almost correct exchange rate.

There are captions/subtitles available and it is really a gorgeous game. I took like 60-70 screen shots during my playthrough.

[EDIT] Mini Ninjas $3.74 so bought!

Blizzard

Banned
The consensus seems to be that Dear Esther is pretty/beautiful/atmospheric experience. Don't expect any sort of enemies, platforming, or adventure interaction, however. It's aimed to be a sort of (loosely guided?) visual short story.

plc268

Is Mini Ninjas worth the price?

It's a cool little game with decent graphics. Reminds me of some of the PS1 era 3d platformers in style and gameplay. It's main fault is that it's a tad simplistic and repetitive, but it's pretty short as well.

But at the current price, it's definitely worth it.

Bentendo

Is the Guardian of Light a decent single player game for $4? I know it's primarily meant to be played cooperatively but I have no interest in that.

Blizzard

Banned
Is the Guardian of Light a decent single player game for $4? I know it's primarily meant to be played cooperatively but I have no interest in that.
Yes, I recommend Guardian of Light. It's well done.

I seem to remember there was one specific reason I didn't get Mini Ninjas in the past, but there doesn't seem to be anything obvious...weird DRM, or install limits, or some resolution lock? Who knows. Now I'm paranoid that there's some stupid reason I forgot. :lol

Dear Esther is tempting but... the summer sale! I must resist.
Argh, it's too indie for me not to wait for an Indie Bundle. :(

On the other hand, Serious Sam Complete Pack (Includes 7 items: Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter, Serious Sam Classic: First Encounter, Serious Sam Classic: Second Encounter, Serious Sam 3: BFE, Serious Sam Double D, Serious Sam: The Random Encounter, Serious Sam 2) is also tempting at 75% off (£15.75) but I just don't have the time to play it now so I might just continue waiting. :(

Argh, it's too indie for me not to wait for an Indie Bundle. :(

On the other hand, Serious Sam Complete Pack (Includes 7 items: Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter, Serious Sam Classic: First Encounter, Serious Sam Classic: Second Encounter, Serious Sam 3: BFE, Serious Sam Double D, Serious Sam: The Random Encounter, Serious Sam 2) is also tempting at 75% off (£15.75) but I just don't have the time to play it now so I might just continue waiting. :(

Holy crap. I'm tempted to get that just for SS3... Odd that this "complete pack" doesn't have SSHD:TSE though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom