• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

didamangi

Holy crap. I'm tempted to get that just for SS3... Odd that this "complete pack" doesn't have SSHD:TSE though

It does I think, Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter - Campaign DLC. I think they change it because the versus multiplayer portion of the game is now a F2P title on steam.

Although, the new DLC for SSHD:TSE is indeed missing from the complete pack

edit: beaten :(

The multiplayer became F2P. I'm assuming the campaign DLC is the single player.

It does I think, Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter - Campaign DLC. I think they change it because the versus multiplayer portion of the game is now a F2P title on steam.

Although, the new DLC for SSHD:TSE is indeed missing from the complete pack

edit: beaten :(

Ahhh Thanks! Actually, viewing the pack through Steam, you see TSE :D I couldn't resist the temptation and got it LOL

I just got back from Gamestop.

I traded in all my 360 games, most of which were crap older games except Dark Souls, and my Ipad 1 (I have an Ipad3 now). And I got $270 in Steam Credit!

Summer sale, here I come!

Only problem is the instructions for entering the codes on the receipt are not correct and I haven't figured out how to enter them yet.

Baha

I just got back from Gamestop.

I traded in all my 360 games, most of which were crap older games except Dark Souls, and my Ipad 1 (I have an Ipad3 now). And I got $270 in Steam Credit!

Summer sale, here I come!

Only problem is the instructions for entering the codes on the receipt are not correct and I haven't figured out how to enter them yet.

Don't you have to just click on your account (top right hand corner of the steam client; <username> account), then click on add funds to your steam wallet on the right side, etc?

Don't you have to just click on your account (top right hand corner of the steam client; <username> account), then click on add funds to your steam wallet on the right side, etc?

I tried that, it doesn't give me an option to enter a code.

The receipt tells me to go under "Games" and select "Redeem Steam Wallet Code" but no such option exists.

Baha

Just tried that too and it said "invalid product." Now I'm beginning to get worried...

Just hang tight, I'm sure there'll be a steam update or something soon since the card went on sale today not to mention that there's a steam beta client still available.

[EDIT] Or just use that link jediyoshi posted >.>

zkylon

zkylewd
Says "3rd Party Download Required" and I think the game's Steamworks. It's a great shooter with interesting twists (trading hostages to revive teammates, L4D like randomized missions, some of which can be beaten completely by stealth, a pretty cool leveling up system, etc.), probably the closest gaming has come to replicating Heat, and it gets a great deal of support from the devs.

Great soundtrack, too: http://www.overkillsoftware.com/?p=729

Awesome, that worked.

Just weird that they don't have a manual way to navigate to that in either the client or the website. I'm not sure how you found it, but I had to back out and re-click that link for each code.

Anyway, it's done now.

Gamestop apparently also has some great deal right now where they add $5 to each game. Here are some examples of some game prices I got:

Left 4 Dead 1 $14.90
Tomb Raider Aniversary $10.90
Crackdown 2 $9.40
Phantasy Star Universe $8.85
Saints Row 1 $7.75

All in all, I think I came out pretty well.

I was tempted to pick up Diablo 3, but I"m a cheapskate. For the same price i could pre-order Torchlight 2 4 pack and get both games for myself and 3 friends.

The last week of June/first week of July. It ended on July 4th, I believe.

Dear Esther for $5 seems like a good cheap way to celebrate my newly found Steam riches!

jediyoshi

When did the summer sale start last year? Wondering if I should hold off on buying Ghost Recon Future Soldier until the sale

Unless there's a good month or so between its release and the sale, I'd be wary. Sales on ACR were real sparse in its first 5 months.

Awesome, that worked.

Just weird that they don't have a manual way to navigate to that in either the client or the website. I'm not sure how you found it, but I had to back out and re-click that link for each code.

It's on the spotlight on the front page of the store right now, big ol gamestop logo button.

Unless there's a good month or so between its release and the sale, I'd be wary. Sales on ACR were real sparse in its first 5 months.

It's on the spotlight on the front page of the store right now, big ol gamestop logo button.

Ah, I see it now. Not sure how I missed that. But anyway the instructions on the receipts that Gamestop prints out are wrong nor is there any perceivable way to get to it via menus except for that link on the page.

Why does it keep telling me "This game is unavailable at this time" when I try to play Company of Heroes?

I bought it last week and played for about an hour so far.....the hell?

Why does it keep telling me "This game is unavailable at this time" when I try to play Company of Heroes?

I bought it last week and played for about an hour so far.....the hell?

That has happened to me before with other games. I just tried again and it worked. I can't remember if I actually closed steam and restarted it or not though. Something with syncing I guess

That has happened to me before with other games. I just tried again and it worked. I can't remember if I actually closed steam and restarted it or not though. Something with syncing I guess

I've been exiting and restarting Steam and it still says it. Even restarted my PC and it still says it :(

Nabs

This THQ Birthday Pack got added to the reg. Kinda weird. Metro, Saints Row 2, COH, DoWII, Guerilla.

Quantum Conundrum and Tiny & Big are both getting pre-orders soon. Dead Island GOTY also added.

I also noticed Crysis 2 getting some sort of update, but it probably doesn't mean anything.

Mrbob

I played the first chapter and a bit of the second this afternoon, and I have to say that it was pretty damn awesome. I hope the later chapters are longer than the first (which was only about 30 minutes) but I really liked what I played of it.

I finished the second chapter of The Dream Machine earlier today, it was a bit longer and definitely more interesting than the first chapter. First chapter wasn't bad but it was more of a set up, the main story starts coming into play in chapter 2. Of all the puzzles, I got stuck on the safe puzzle. It gave me problems for the longest time, but then I saw the answer staring me right in the open. I couldn't believe how easy the puzzle was once I saw the final clue.

Going to start chapter 3 if Diablo isn't working tonight.

This THQ Birthday Pack got added to the reg. Kinda weird. Metro, Saints Row 2, COH, DoWII, Guerilla.

Quantum Conundrum and Tiny & Big are both getting pre-orders soon. Dead Island GOTY also added.

I also noticed Crysis 2 getting some sort of update, but it probably doesn't mean anything.

What a mixed bag. Hopefully this means a THQ sale soon.

New Steam client update.

Steam client update released

A Steam client update is now available. To apply the update, click the Steam menu inside of Steam and then select "Check for Steam Client Updates...". The specific changes include:

- Remote management of your games library through the web or mobile device
- Added UI to redeem Steam wallet vouchers sold by GameStop
- Fixed download issues with new content system
- Fixed crashes related to Steam Workshop file management

http://store.steampowered.com/news/7983/

Jomjom

Banned
What do they mean by remote management of the game library through the web and mobile device? What does remote management of the game library entail?

Bluth54

Very interesting.

I wouldn't be surprised if we eventually get some newer EA games on Steam. Maybe make them "Origin Exclusive" for six months or a year then release them on Steam.

Aaron

If Gamestop can sell steam money, EA can suck it up and get with the winning online service. Not that Origin is doing badly, but they'll make more money joining back with Steam than they ever would apart.

I have a copy of Portal (1) I'm tired of looking at in my Steam inventory. Someone please take it away!

Would prefer to give it to someone who doesn't own it already (a long shot, but hey, I'll try!)

Send me a PM with your Steam name and it's yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom