• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's worth buying on Steam for $4.99 or less?

Mini Ninjas is on sale for less than 5 bucks; that one's not bad. There's also Dungeons of Dredmor and Puzzle Agent both for $5. Dredmor's worth the 5 bucks but might get a discount in the summer sale, whereas Puzzle Agent is worth the 5 bucks but will likely be sold in a bundle with other games in the summer sale.

People might tell you the Binding of Isaac is worth the $5 from what I remember hearing about it, but I have not personally played it.

Nymerio

Dungeons of Dredmor is definitely worth it, but it may get a discount pretty soon when they enable Steam Workshop integration and add the new DLC.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So now you can buy Steam games on your phone and have it installed and waiting for you when you get home? Am I understanding this right?

Nopren

Besides being a damn good game in itself, it is a very good PC-version. It has none of the problems that plagued the port of Saints Row 2.
I would recommend playing it with a 360 controller.

How is Saints row:The Third on PC? Thinking about picking it up.

It's good. Buy it if you like open-world GTA-style games.

Besides being a damn good game in itself, it is a very good PC-version. It has none of the problems that plagued the port of Saints Row 2.
I would recommend playing it with a 360 controller.

It's worth mentioning that the controls are absolutely fine with keyboard and mouse. (though aiming with the mouse kind of makes the game a bit too easy)

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Nice deal, I bit. I saved an extra 1,15 Euros trading in those crappy free games they gave away recently.

Less than 13 for SR3! On Steam! Even though they sell it for like 30 there! Pretty cool.

I hope it can run and look better than GTAIV on my aging PC though.

gdt

I've had weird bugs with my AMD card and I can't run the game higher than 25-30fps for some reason, haven't check in a while so I don't know if they fixed that since.

Other than that it's fine.

Same here. But I got up to 35, in addition to crashing most times that played. Very weird, I should've been able to max it.

Played through the whole thing, but it was sucky for me. Not the game, which was great, but the performance.

Megasoum

Banned
Same here. But I got up to 35, in addition to crashing most times that played. Very weird, I should've been able to max it.

Played through the whole thing, but it was sucky for me. Not the game, which was great, but the performance.

Yeah my game was very stable and playable but it never went over 30-35fps... It's annoying but not gamebreaking.

ShaneB

I added the DiabloIII.exe (not the launcher one, but that comes up when I run it) shortcut to my Steam list. Overlay works great for me.

I tried this as well and still didn't work for me :( Or at least I think I did this. Guess I'll have to look at it again.

The_End

Indie Royale's newest bundle the All-Charity lightning pack is now live. Three of the four games are available on Steam:

Osmos - for: steam (pc and mac), windows, mac, linux, desura
B.U.T.T.O.N. - for: steam (pc), windows, desura
The Shivah - for: windows, desura
Blueberry Garden - for: steam (pc), windows, desura

All proceeds (after credit card fees) goes to the following charities:
Amnesty International
EFF
Action Aid
Unicef

In the checkout page you can even use the slider to select how much you want to go to each charity.

Picked up Dear Esther, at what I feel/hope is a fairer price.

For the above bundle, Blueberry Garden was kinda garbage, and Osmos had some really nice touches but I only enjoyed about half the modes. The others just frustrated me.
Yes. Summer Sale. It approaches (hopefully).
Are you fucking serious? I barely played anything from the last sale thanks to Tribes, Dota 2 and CS:GO. Jesus.
The last week of June/first week of July. It ended on July 4th, I believe.
Oh classic gamer premature ejaculation then. Panic over.

gdt

Not steam related:

About to play a non-steam version of Crysis 1. Will it detect updates and let me know or do I have to go searching for patches and such?

I tried this as well and still didn't work for me :( Or at least I think I did this. Guess I'll have to look at it again.

Try using this as your Steam target (with your own path of course) -

"E:\Diablo III\Diablo III.exe" -launch

This works for me.

Here's a screenshot to show how it should look

yinLNl.png

Baha

Completed chapter 3 of The Dream Machine and I can't wait for chapter 4. While the first 2 chapters were a bit on the lean side, the 3rd chapter kept me busy and had me stumped on a puzzle for awhile. Really glad I jumped into this game blindly, really digging the story and presentation so far.

Dear Esther was pretty nice. Took me 81 minutes at a very slow pace, would probably have felt ripped off had I paid full price so I'm glad I held off. Will probably play it again I missed stuff.

I'm trying to get my backlog down like a lot of people.

lol good luck with that. Want to know how to get your backlog down? Stop using Steam. Thats the only way.

Bentendo

Indie Royale's newest bundle the All-Charity lightning pack is now live. Three of the four games are available on Steam:

Osmos - for: steam (pc and mac), windows, mac, linux, desura
B.U.T.T.O.N. - for: steam (pc), windows, desura
The Shivah - for: windows, desura
Blueberry Garden - for: steam (pc), windows, desura

All proceeds (after credit card fees) goes to the following charities:
Amnesty International
EFF
Action Aid
Unicef

In the checkout page you can even use the slider to select how much you want to go to each charity.

I can literally see myself breaking my laptop if I played B.U.T.T.O.N.

Rapstah

Not steam related:

About to play a non-steam version of Crysis 1. Will it detect updates and let me know or do I have to go searching for patches and such?

I think it's the newest game I actually had to go looking for patches for. Try the online menu, maybe the game will tell you you need a patch.

gdt

Okay, another thing with Crysis. In the menus, I get a weird affect with my mouse pointer. Basically, none of the options/buttons/whatever are affected when I hover my mouse over, so I can't select them. They are affected if I hover my pointer something like an inch above. They won't detect my mouse if I don't do that. So weird.

For both Diablo 3 and starcraft 2 the only way I could get the overlay to work in steam was to make it borderless windowed, which also makes it easy to alt tab out of.

Nabs

Okay, another thing with Crysis. In the menus, I get a weird affect with my mouse pointer. Basically, none of the options/buttons/whatever are affected when I hover my mouse over, so I can't select them. They are affected if I hover my pointer something like an inch above. They won't detect my mouse if I don't do that. So weird.

It could be a DPI scaling issue within Windows. If you have it set higher it'll act weird. You can right click the Crysis exe and set it to default under the Compatibility tab.

gdt

It could be a DPI scaling issue within Windows. If you have it set higher it'll act weird. You can right click the Crysis exe and set it to default under the Compatibility tab.

Fixed itself when I started the game up to sign in online (like the above poster suggested).

For both Diablo 3 and starcraft 2 the only way I could get the overlay to work in steam was to make it borderless windowed, which also makes it easy to alt tab out of.

Weird. I didn't figure this would work differently on different PCs. For me I just added it as a Non-Steam game as usual with no problems.

DirtRiver

Have had the same problem. Whenever it comes up just check off the fullscreen option and check it back on and it will be solved (for that play session usually)

So, I'm not that experienced in the use of review quotes in gaming but I just saw Dead Hungry Diner on Steam...

Original quote on RPS:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/01/11/monster-munch-dead-hungry-diner-demo/

It sounds incredibly shady when quoted like that, but when you read the article, the next line says -
That’s pretty much what Black Market Games (created by a group formerly from Dark Water Games, they of Dogfighter) have done, with Dead Hungry Diner.
So the partial quote isn't as disingenuous as it might seem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom