• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levyne

Banned
My steam client update seems to be stuck at 25.19/37.10. Dumb question, but how do I...unstuck it.

Edit: Couple restarts did it, nvm

It sounds incredibly shady when quoted like that, but when you read the article, the next line says -
So the partial quote isn't as disingenuous as it might seem.

Which refers to either the attempt or mixing Plants vs. Zombies. It doesn't say a thing about the quality of the game.

Javaman

It's odd, because all my friends say they can't get it working, but I have no issues. I'm special! :eek:
I had to add... -launch
To the end of the steam shortcut on the outside of the quotes.

It might be asking for trouble though if the launcher os required to update the game.

Tomodachi

I'm trying to put on Steam the shortcut for The Pandora Directive, a game I got from GOG, but all I get is dosbox starting, not the game. What am I doing wrong?

MRORANGE

Feels good that I finally done this:

VuhQ7.jpg

Goodbye Little Rocket Man, it was a blast carrying your around ;-;

2bCIf.jpg

ngt

Can anyone point me to a thread where I can ask for help in getting Steam Card from Gamestop?

Reduntant post, I know, just asked. But still :)

zkylon

zkylewd

VuhQ7.jpg

2bCIf.jpg
Nice. I managed to do that one with some perseverance but I can't for the life of me get the defend the safehouses from the Striders achievement. Damn that sawmill :p

ArjanN

I am proud to say that I did the gnome thing, was awesome

That was easier than I thought it would be. You just need to make sure you save a lot in case you lose it somewhere.

Nice. I managed to do that one with some perseverance but I can't for the life of me get the defend the safehouses from the Striders achievement. Damn that sawmill :p

Save spam is also key for that one. :)

ShaneB

I had to add... -launch
To the end of the steam shortcut on the outside of the quotes.

It might be asking for trouble though if the launcher os required to update the game.

Yeah, confirming that adding -launch to the shortcut fixed the issue for me. Overlay is working.

and did Steam just blow up?

1-D_FTW

http://i.imgur.com/VuhQ7.jpg?1[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/2bCIf.jpg?1[IMG][/QUOTE]

That's what I get for ignoring achievements. That actually looks like fun.

Just booted up Episode 2 to try it in 3D anyways. Looks spectacular. Valve games are so yummy in 3D. Maybe I'll give it a go soon.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I thought SkyDrift would be like Blur in the sky but it's more like Motorstorm in the sky.

daxy

I got almost five hours out of Dear Esther, which is more than most and I think the price was fine for that experience. Its current price tag is probably perfect for those who don't want to replay this a few times.

Eusis

I got almost five hours out of Dear Esther, which is more than most and I think the price was fine for that experience. Its current price tag is probably perfect for those who don't want to replay this a few times.
I think $10 for that kind of game can be reasonable, I'm just a cheapass. Grabbed it with the Steam credit I got at GameStop in exchange for canning my Diablo III pre-order, will grab Ys Origin with the rest.

Exuro

Offline mode is mad janky. It needs to be fixed.
Agreed. They should just set it up so there's a timer from the last time you've been logged onto the steam servers and let you play offline up to 30 days until you reconnect to steam servers and then it resets the timer. That's how I always figured it would be done.

Blizzard

Banned
Agreed. They should just set it up so there's a timer from the last time you've been logged onto the steam servers and let you play offline up to 30 days until you reconnect to steam servers and then it resets the timer. That's how I always figured it would be done.
I wish there WASN'T an offline expiration timer -- if I bought the games, why would I want it to expire? Someone claimed there was one but I don't know what it is if so. I also wish offline mode worked for everyone, instead of almost always working for me but apparently never working for certain other people (even if they unplug their Ethernet cables or whatever).

I also wish it was possible to play old versions of games, manually opting out of patches, but you can't do that. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom