• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Really satisfied with the AC:Brotherhood PC port, runs flawlessly so far and 1080p is really showing for itself with that level of ambient detail, I played the first two games on my now defunct 360 so I'm really seeing a huge improvement here.

Yeah, playing through Revelations on the PC was a (terrible pun alert) revelation, as the previous games I'd all played on the PS3. Now that I own all the AC games on the PC (thanks again for helping me out with Brotherhood, wilflare!), I plan to play through them prior to AC3's PC release.

1-D_FTW

http://www.becausewemay.com/

Seems like there's some kind of uber sale coming from a group of indie developers. Not sure what their deal is, but it's starting in about a week.

Here's a list of the Steam games they're going to be having:

http://www.becausewemay.com/steam.html

AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome
And Yet It Moves
Anomaly Warzone Earth
Avadon: The Black Fortress
BIT.TRIP BEAT
BIT.TRIP RUNNER
Braid
Capsized
CAVE STORY
Cogs
Costume Quest
Darwinia
DeathSpank: The Baconining
DEFCON
Double Fine Bundle
Dungeons of Dredmor
EDGE
Eets
Eufloria
Fieldrunners
Frozen Synapse
Frozen Synapse: Soundtrack Edition
Gish
Jamestown Deluxe Pack
Jamestown: Legend of the Lost Colony
Jolly Rover
Lugaru HD
Metal Drift
Multiwinia
Nightsky
NyzQuest
Osmos
Penny Arcade: Precipice of Darkness Episode One
Penny Arcade: Precipice of Darkness Episode Two
Psychonauts
Q.U.B.E.
Rochard
RUSH
Scoregasm
Snuggle Truck
Stacking
Super Meat Boy
Swords & Soldiers
The Binding of Isaac
The Dejobaan Complete Pack
The Wonderful End of the World
Toki Tori
uplink
Vertex Dispenser
Vessel
Waveform
World of Goo
Zen Bound 2

Thanks again to Dice for gzdoom, it works flawlessly and looks gorgeous :) I'll look into bassmidi too

Edit: this upcoming indie sale looks good, hope to get some nice prices on

Avadon: The Black Fortress
Capsized
Dungeons of Dredmor
RUSH
Snuggle Truck
Stacking
Vessel

I already own most of the games though

krpiper

You know you shop on Steam too much when you have most of those games on that list :/

Also I hope this years Summer sale is more than just indie games for 90% off that everyone has aleady

JaseC

http://www.becausewemay.com/

Seems like there's some kind of uber sale coming from a group of indie developers. Not sure what their deal is, but it's starting in about a week.

Here's a list of the Steam games they're going to be having:

http://www.becausewemay.com/steam.html

Frozen Synapse: Soundtrack Edition
Metal Drift
Snuggle Truck
The Dejobaan Complete Pack*
Vertex Dispenser
Vessel
Waveform
Zen Bound 2

* Only missing the Aaa DLC.

Will buy. Some of them, at least.

HoosTrax

Yeah I own everything on that list except for:
Avadon: The Black Fortress - definitely want it
Capsized
EDGE
Eets
Eufloria
Fieldrunners
Jolly Rover
Lugaru HD
Metal Drift
Q.U.B.E.
Rochard
Scoregasm
Snuggle Truck
Stacking - definitely want it
Swords & Soldiers
Vertex Dispenser
Vessel
Waveform
Zen Bound 2

A lot of the other ones look interesting, will wait to see if it's possible to get them outside of a bundle where I already own the rest of the games.

AndyD

aka andydumi
It's arguably the worst entry in the series, and I say that as someone who loves the games and even managed to squeeze every drop out of Revelations' SP campaign (~78 hours all up).

Revelations is the only one I have left and I have it for PS3. I think I will go through it though, just for the sake of it. I am looking forward to 3, hopefully it will be a significant difference/upgrade.

JaseC

Revelations is the only one I have left and I have it for PS3. I think I will go through it though, just for the sake of it. I am looking forward to 3, hopefully it will be a significant difference/upgrade.

Yeah, as I later clarified, the problem with Revelations is that it felt stale, despite Ubi's attempts to freshen up the gameplay. AC3 should be a return to form, however. In fact, with no Half-Life 3 in sight and BioInf being delayed into early 2013, I'd say it's the 2012 title I'm most looking forward to.

The "Because We May" sale sounds awesome, but sadly I already own the majority of the games on that list. Feels like a prelude to next month's Summer sale.

God I can't wait for the Summer sale. It sounds crazy to be so excited for games going on sale, but its too much fun.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Yeah, as I later clarified, the problem with Revelations is that it felt stale, despite Ubi's attempts to freshen up the gameplay. AC3 should be a return to form, however. In fact, with no Half-Life 3 in sight and BioInf being delayed into early 2013, I'd say it's the 2012 title I'm most looking forward to.

I hope Revelations expanded on the building, assassin recruitment/missions and regions/influence elements of Brotherhood. It was a system I very much enjoyed while the main story was already same as 2. Its something that can really enhance a game like this.

For anybody considering Anno 2070

It has Solidshield DRM and a 3 machine limit

God I can't wait for the Summer sale. It sounds crazy to be so excited for games going on sale, but its too much fun.

I can't feel the hype yet, especially because I think I won't get any good deals on most of the stuff I really want. Hoping for something sub-10€ for Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate.

Bentendo

The trailer for Anno 2070 looked really fun but is it worth it for someone who hasn't played anything in the genre for ages. For what it's worth I like relaxing city-sims. Games like SimCity and CivCity Rome were right up my ally. Even something like Stronghold's relaxing fightless mode was fun.

The trailer for Anno 2070 looked really fun but is it worth it for someone who hasn't played anything in the genre for ages. For what it's worth I like relaxing city-sims. Games like SimCity and CivCity Rome were right up my ally. Even something like Stronghold's relaxing fightless mode was fun.

I have similar question. I like Civ V and Sim City but RTS style games and even real time strategy games like Tropico are not my cup of tea. Will like this?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

The issue is more about DRM

Aselith

Anno 2070 is a fantastic game. Definitely worth it at full price. Definitely worth it at half price! Much more based around the city building than warfare although you can get into fights with the other cities.

Waku

So is Sins: Rebellion like going from CiV 3 to CiV 4 or is there something else to it compared to Trinity. Should one wait for Rebellion to get cheaper or jump on Trinity. I want Sins but i can just as well wait till it gets cheaper if Rebellion is Sins just better.

Also god damnit when will Ubi put the Settler catalouge up for one of these daily super cheap deals, been waiting for ever to buy Rise of an Empire, but xept for Splinter Cell, Ghost recon and Persia they don't seem to care about their back catalouge enough to bring out the real deep discounts for those.

Boss Doggie

So is Sins: Rebellion like going from CiV 3 to CiV 4 or is there something else to it compared to Trinity. Should one wait for Rebellion to get cheaper or jump on Trinity. I want Sins but i can just as well wait till it gets cheaper if Rebellion is Sins just better.

Also god damnit when will Ubi put the Settler catalouge up for one of these daily super cheap deals, been waiting for ever to buy Rise of an Empire, but xept for Splinter Cell, Ghost recon and Persia they don't seem to care about their back catalouge enough to bring out the real deep discounts for those.

Heh, I managed to snag Settlers 7 Gold when it was uber cheap (I think 10 or 5 bucks). When was the last time it went in daily?

Speaking of sales, is it possible for an unreleased game (i.e. Torchlight 2) to go in summer sale?

Boss Doggie

That may be the case, but when I tried to buy via paypal, the paypal screen looks like this

errors1d0i.jpg

wtf happened? is there a way to clear cache, since refreshing doesn't fix it.

Boss Doggie

Hahaha oh well, was hoping though!

Still, I can't move myself to buy anything with the paypal page looking like that.

Boss Doggie

Nope, not using any custom stuff.

Clearing cache via deleting htmlcache didn't seem to work too. But it seems I can still pay.

EDIT: seems like it's on the paypal's side at least. Their site loads slow for me.

I honestly wouldn't mind paying 25 bucks for anno, but not with that drm.

Also I can finally uninstall Impulse forever and never log in again. Thank god. Sins is mine on steam now!

Fake edit: Haven't bought demigod yet >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom