• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_End

Payday looks cool but I just ordered a gaming mouse so everything must wait.
Dear Gabe, plz no summer sale till mid-June.

Summer sale usually doesn't start until June 28th-30th. Last year it started on the 30th.

So you should be all set.

Oreoleo

And to whet your whistles a little more, some type of Payday / Left4Dead crossover is in the works.

“As perceptive gamers will have noticed, several hints have recently been dropped into PAYDAY The Heist, which has led to various rumors. We are excited to be able to confirm that an in-depth collaboration between OVERKILL and Valve is currently in production.

We are working on a very cool blend of PAYDAY and Left 4 Dead. I am sure it is so exciting that it will have some players check into the hospital before we are done.”

Blizzard

Banned
Or will it be a reverse mode. Where you are the guards against waves of robbers?
But that's like, every zombie game ever. How many zombie games involve the zombies hopelessly outnumbered by waves of humans, where the humans try to steal their precious zombie gold?

I expected Square Enix to pull something stupid with the first 2 Thief games like they did with Dungeon Siege but I guess they have learned... somewhat.

Sysgen

Have Painkiller Black installed, had bought the whole package last time. When I click go to store page from PK:Black the Store page doesn't say that I own the game but for all the other parts of the PK package, Steam says I own those. Steam also lets me add the game to my cart despite owning it.

Ok, what is the solution when you get the "game is not available" nonsense?

I tried restarting my PC and restarting Steam several times over the course of a few hours.

Blizzard

Banned

I tried restarting my PC and restarting Steam several times over the course of a few hours.
I think it's unfortunately a server thing. I'm not sure if offline mode will fix that or not, but it's worth a shot I guess.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Ensure that automatic updating is not disabled for the game/s (right-click -> Properties -> Updates).

Edit: In these cases (Steam not downloading a detected update), as mentioned, verifying the cache will also do the trick.

Why Deus Ex: HR isn't Steamplay? The Deus Ex ad om the Mac store is mocking me. =(

My Windows PC can't play the game at stable framerate at all.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Why Deus Ex: HR isn't Steamplay? The Deus Ex ad om the Mac store is mocking me. =(

My Windows PC can't play the game at stable framerate at all.

UOLUl.jpg

Larger publishers tend to shy away from SteamPlay, presumably because it's "tantamount to giving away the game for free!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom