• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Man, Dark Messiah of Might and Magic is broken for me. I don't really know what happened, I was fine for the first couple levels, but the boat area was excruciating. It cleared up past that but then I get to the orcs and I'm right back in PS3 Skyrim territory again. Seems fairly common for a lot of people, and various tweaks didn't really me help either.

Very disappointed, I love the game, and I'm a pretty patient guy, but I just can't go through a stop, save and reload routine every twenty to thirty seconds.

Uriah

How do you contact EA support and what do you have to do to get Crysis 1 added?

I just contacted them through their support website and they asked for my Crysis key. They confirmed it was already registered, but not on my origin account, so they added it.

So I just bought Dead Space 2 for $5. That's less than the shitty Little Ceasar's large pizza I bought earlier today. How is that possible?

I've come to the realization that Steam is like some magical unicorn. If Valve actually delivers on the big picture GUI, I'm actually considering just retiring from console gaming.

So worth it, some of the best adventure games around.

It may have already been answered, but of the Blackwell games, which one do I start playing first? Or does it not matter? I've got whichever 3 were in one of the indie bundles sometime last quarter. I haven't had them installed now due to grid view OCD but they're installed now. I've never given them more than a cursory glance, so it may be obvious, but I can't tell which order they're supposed to be in (if any).

camerooni

Neo Member
Why does Blackwell Convergence and Unbound have Steam Cloud but not Legacy!?

I just installed it here on my netbook hoping I wouldn't have to track down my savegame on the main pc.. :/

derFeef

Cool, we should get a Super MNC gaf team together then :)
I only played 4 games (lost 3) and it kinda frustrates me that the Assasin players are owning the playfield again. This was the reason I stopped playing MNC and it kinda feels the same. I hope they can balance the classes this time.

svegis

That Ver. 2012 update for Super Street Fighter IV AE is coming to PC by the end of next month, for those interested.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/01/13/super-street-fighter-4-arcade-edition-ver-2012-update-coming-to/

Thank you for the heads up! The update is more than welcome...

Huh, the grid view icons for Counter-Strike: Source beta and Football Manager 2011 just disappeared for me. Happened to anyone else?

I never use grid view so my information might not be worthwhile but I have no icon for CS:S right now. Don't own FM 2011.

mjc

This is probably a really stupid question to you guys but here it goes. I just bootcamped my Macbook Pro and I want to get some good strategy games off Steam. I already got Company of Heroes but I'm looking for a good medieval RTS/strategy game. I kinda want one that focuses on both battles and sieges...if that makes sense. Should I be looking at something like Medieval Total War 2 or should I look at Stronghold? I'm open to any suggestions.

I only played 4 games (lost 3) and it kinda frustrates me that the Assasin players are owning the playfield again. This was the reason I stopped playing MNC and it kinda feels the same. I hope they can balance the classes this time.

I'd be for that...

I will have zero clue what I'm doing.

hit me with an invite and i'll play with you.

Steam id: snoopeasystreet

Des0lar

will learn eventually
This is probably a really stupid question to you guys but here it goes. I just bootcamped my Macbook Pro and I want to get some good strategy games off Steam. I already got Company of Heroes but I'm looking for a good medieval RTS/strategy game. I kinda want one that focuses on both battles and sieges...if that makes sense. Should I be looking at something like Medieval Total War 2 or should I look at Stronghold? I'm open to any suggestions.

I love Stronghold 1 and Crusader (not the new shitty one), but they may feel dated.
Medieval is probably a good start. Shogun 2 is currently the hot stuff in RTS.

The Total War series, my friend, is exactly what you're looking for. Rome, Medieval 2 and Shogun 2 are all available and essentially use the same war technology. Rome's UI is extremely dated though, so you might want to start with M2 to see if you're a fan of the series.

If you get Shogun 2, there is a bloodpack DLC available for like $0.75 that adds the kind of gore you'd expect to see in game featuring reed armor and samurai swords.

edit: I've never played Stronghold/Crusader. They seem like the kind of game you have to invest many hours in order to reach a minimum level of competency. Is that about right?

The Total War series, my friend, is exactly what you're looking for. Rome, Medieval 2 and Shogun 2 are all available and essentially use the same war technology. Rome's UI is extremely dated though, so you might want to start with M2 to see if you're a fan of the series.

If you get Shogun 2, there is a bloodpack DLC available for like $0.75 that adds the kind of gore you'd expect to see in game featuring reed armor and samurai swords.

edit: I've never played Stronghold/Crusader. They seem like the kind of game you have to invest many hours in order to reach a minimum level of competency. Is that about right?

Whatttttt

You have to pay for blood? Lameeeee

Zzoram

I just contacted them through their support website and they asked for my Crysis key. They confirmed it was already registered, but not on my origin account, so they added it.

How the heck do I find this Origin Support website? Is there an e-mail or web form I'm supposed to use? I can't figure this out.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
No. Stronghold is a very easy going and forgiving game. There are 2 campaigns as far as I remember, one where you have to win your missions by economic means and the other is the warfare campaign. It's all very simple and the first missions are great turtorials. Imo it's a lot like a serious The Settlers game. But I liked every second of it.

Wthermans

Banned
I'm in SMNC Invitational, not a fan of the changes they've made compared to MNC and that MNC is dying since they stopped supporting it. I'd be down for a GAF game though. Mainly play Tank, but I'll do Gunner as well. Just depends on what the free pros are at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom