• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Maybe when the next Fallout comes out someone will mod in Skyrim's dragons. Then we're basically halfway there.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Anyone else been having Steam CSS issues lately? Both in the client and from the website, every few page loads will just load without CSS (white background, black test, blue underlined links, no site design). I've tried different computers too.

He looks like man with beard, yeah.

My girlfriend thinks this guy is the closest match from anyone so far and described seeing it as "freaky" and "scary". His Wikipedia photo looks like me, only more unkempt, 25 years-ish older, and with yellower teeth hahaha. I get Dave Grohl IRL.

I'd like to thank whoever recommended Risen for my RPG fix.

I've only played the demo, but so far I like the exploration a lot. I also enjoy the combat a lot, though handling more than one enemy seems suicidal at least a first.

I also tried the Divinity II demo. Combat could be a bit more exciting. Not nearly as bad as Dragon Age, but still not anything to write home about. Not going to buy that one anytime soon.

JCV

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone else been having Steam CSS issues lately? Both in the client and from the website, every few page loads will just load without CSS (white background, black test, blue underlined links, no site design). I've tried different computers too.

My girlfriend thinks this guy is the closest match from anyone so far and described seeing it as "freaky" and "scary". His Wikipedia photo looks like me, only more unkempt, 25 years-ish older, and with yellower teeth hahaha. I get Dave Grohl IRL.

Happens to me all the freaking time. I tried to delete the Steam cache on my computer, and it worked for a bit, but then the problem came back.

Well, that was nice- I bought Shogun 2 from Amazon US before Christmas for $7.49, got a $5 store voucher and just used it to get Alice for $2.49. Forget Origin and EA's bullshit, Amazon is a much more serious and credible competitor to Steam.

Well, that was nice- I bought Shogun 2 from Amazon US before Christmas for $7.49, got a $5 store voucher and just used it to get Alice for $2.49. Forget Origin and EA's bullshit, Amazon is a much more serious and credible competitor to Steam.

Can you buy digital games from amazon.com from the UK?

What Tambini said- I just used Google's HQ address to create a new account. You might get charged an extra fee for using your debit/ credit card abroad, but it's nominal.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I use Google's address, works fine.

watch-out-we-got-a-bavzq3e.png

RoadHazard

Gold Member

Hmm, I also have one of those vouchers... Does Alice activate on Steam?

Sniper is fun when you're sniping. Hilarious semi buggy fun when you're just sneaking around. Complete and utter terrible shit when they force you to use a machine gun.

Sadly there are too much of those machine gun parts aka any.

Blizzard

Banned
Sniper: Ghost Warrior is the Steam Daily @ 66% off ($6.79). Any impressions?
Some people like it, some people apparently hate it. I haven't played it yet but I apparently bought it some time ago, and I guess picked up the DLC on sale later. The impressions I get from what I've seen and people say are the following:

* The graphics are nice
* The sniping is decent, but
* The enemies are nearly psychic and can see you through a bush half a mile away

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
It activates on Origin though

trollfacEA.jpg

True story: I bought Alice on a past Steam sale and when the game asked to be activated and I put the cd-key in, it auto-registered the game to my Origin account as well. It was especially eerie because it didn't ask for my login info first, it just grabbed it from the Origin install.

True story: I bought Alice on a past Steam sale and when the game asked to be activated and I put the cd-key in, it auto-registered the game to my Origin account as well. It was especially eerie because it didn't ask for my login info first, it just grabbed it from the Origin install.

Yeah happened with me too, I was positively surprised. Although I never used it of course.

Zzoram

Those tiny icons are the reason I use detail view.

Valve needs to fix it if they ever want us to use tile view. I would gladly switch back to tile if I didn't have to look at tiny icons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom