• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to thank whoever recommended Risen for my RPG fix.

I've only played the demo, but so far I like the exploration a lot. I also enjoy the combat a lot, though handling more than one enemy seems suicidal at least a first.

I also tried the Divinity II demo. Combat could be a bit more exciting. Not nearly as bad as Dragon Age, but still not anything to write home about. Not going to buy that one anytime soon.

It really is a great game. Much better than (vanilla) oblivion due to the handcrafted world and lack of level and loot scaling. The last chapter is dissapointing but the rest of the game is really good.
The second game should be out April 24th. Also, you might want to check out the Gothic series too. They're made by the same Developer.
Gothic 2
Gothic 3

Anyone to get the 2 small icons to look like the rest? Looks so out of place. I've tried changing the icon under settings but doesn't work.

9sjrrl.jpg

You need to subscribe to Steam Gold to fix those problems:

http://i.imgur.com/iTnhv.jpg

:p

MRORANGE

You cannot use custom grid art for games outside steam.
have no idea why this is, ask gabe, most likely to stop you buying games from from other DD retailer and using Steam as a library manager

Games that do not have grid art which are on steam can be reported on the steam forums or by contacting the developer.

Games that do not have grid art which are on steam can be reported on the steam forums or by contacting the developer.

I didn't know this. But thats good to know. I typically stay in list view though. For some reason I like seeing the recent events/news for my games, and seeing who has or is playing the same game.

mrgone

Seems like it's officially official that Mass Effect 3 won't be on Steam until Valve plays ball. Also: Origin is required. Also: Fuck.

On the bright side there aren't any install limits and it won't require an uninterrupted internet connection (unless you're playing multiplayer, of course).

Seems like it's officially official that Mass Effect 3 won't be on Steam until Valve plays ball. Also: Origin is required. Also: Fuck.

On the bright side there aren't any install limits and it won't require an uninterrupted internet connection (unless you're playing multiplayer, of course).

Valve plays ball? Ea is the one sulking in the outfield sticking dandelions up their nose.

MRORANGE

Just a note Shank 2 is listed for Steam. Seems like EA is ok for indie games to be released on Steam, just not any of there major ip's.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...

I don't like Origin but like I did with BF3 I will buy ME3 because is the only way to play it. We all know EA wants to impose Origin in every PC they can and this is a great way for them to do so, it sucks for us who don't like Origin at all though.

Just a note Shank 2 is listed for Steam. Seems like EA is ok for indie games to be released on Steam, just not any of there major ip's.

That's probably because Indie games need as much exposure as they can get. The Steam userbase is a great place for that. I imagine they just think they don't need that for AAA games like ME3 or BF3.

Also, Kingdoms of Amalur, Wave, and the next The Sims 3 DLC are in the registry. So it's basically EA Partner titles and The Sims 3 Expansions and DLC that they are fine selling.

mrgone

Valve plays ball? Ea is the one sulking in the outfield sticking dandelions up their nose.
I guess it is kind of hard to play when EA takes their ball and goes home :) Statement was meant from EA's perspective.

Also, Kingdoms of Amalur, Wave, and the next The Sims 3 DLC are in the registry. So it's basically EA Partner titles and The Sims 3 Expansions and DLC that they are fine selling.
Seems like pretty much anything that doesn't require Origin will show up, hopefully

Chesskid1

Banned
dragon age:UE was my most wanted thing for christmas sale, but it never went on sale under $15.

looks like i'm buying it on origin via amazon /w dragon age 2 for $11.99 (+$5 coupon = $6.99)

i know i will eventually get mass effect 3 because i love the series, so might as well start an origin library. sucks, but whatcanyado!

Why should either one of them have to play ball with the other if they don 't want to?

Simple answer, they don't. Much like how when one buys a game on an IOS device or through PSN/Live. There really is no spokesman for the PC platform. However most would agree that Steam would be the best to represent it.

MRORANGE

Simple answer, they don't. Much like how when one buys a game on an IOS device or through PSN/Live. There really is no spokesman for the PC platform. However most would agree that Steam would be the best to represent it.

But we got the PC Gaming Alliance to stand for us! ....oh wait:

BakpQ.png

:|

vocab

Guess I won't be buying it. Thanks for saving me money EA.

I just want the base for like 5 bucks!

Why do my little virtual people, who I'm just going to lock inside the kitchen and set on fire, need jobs or pets?

I like you even more now Steve. For the longest time I thought that and not letting them go to the bathroom was the whole point of the game.

catabarez

Does anyone know how to fix the random letters that appear on your HUD in Half Life 2? They show up instead of the pictures of my weapons. I already tried deleting all of the half life fonts :/

I really think it's quite sad that some people in this thread will not buy ME3 because it's Origin only. EA is doing what Valve did all those years ago. The only difference is that Origin now is better than Steam was back then.

I don't understand denying yourself a game you'll enjoy because it doesn't have the DRM you want it to have.

Aselith

I really think it's quite sad that some people in this thread will not buy ME3 because it's Origin only. EA is doing what Valve did all those years ago. The only difference is that Origin now is better than Steam was back then.

I don't understand denying yourself a game you'll enjoy because it doesn't have the DRM you want it to have.

With stuff like people being locked out of accounts due to forum bans and EA's past history as a company, I understand why people would be hesitant about jumping on their service but I agree with you. But I also don't mind spreading my games across a few services whereas some people only want to use one. That's the big difference between then and now. Steam had problems at launch serious ones but they had no competition. EA is coming into a competitive field and doing some shady ass shit at the get go. That doesn't bode well.

Wthermans

Banned
Why should either one of them have to play ball with the other if they don 't want to?

So much for listening to your customers.

I almost had my Origin account banned for something I had no knowledge or control over. I'm wary to spend money on any service that can lock me out of my games for things that are outside of my control and entirely unrelated to my Origin account itself.

Also, if you want to buy BF3, add me as a friend on Battlelog and I'll show you exactly how easy it is to have your account banned without your knowledge. :)

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well

And I seriously do not give a fuck. Despite 213 of my 214 digital titles being bought through its portal, I haven't developed an obsession with Steam which will keep me from buying the game through Origin.

Nelo Ice

Banned

Speaking of which I find it weird that people are willing to pay extra just to have games on steam lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom