• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad Company 2

xo9pk.jpg

Second play-through and probably one of the most underrated military SP campaigns, it’s funny , the levels are quite varied, destructible environments and one of the best looking game engine for MP.
Was thinking about this the other day. My first time playing, close to it's launch, i didn't think much about it since my standards for FPS solo campaigns were a lot higher. Going through BC2 recently and with CoD basically downgrading the quality of FPS campaigns, it's quite good relatively. For sure it completely destroys CoD and it's imitators solo campaigns handily.

ngt

Bad Company 2

xo9pk.jpg

Second play-through and probably one of the most underrated military SP campaigns, it’s funny , the levels are quite varied, destructible environments and one of the best looking game engine for MP.

This screenshot made me want to actually play it.

MNC

I actually thought the BC2 campaign was quite dull. It's more interesting than the standard Battlefield/FPS campaigns thanks to the cast but the story is nothing special. Environments are neat but it felt more like they made MP environments and made them SP maps instead of the other way around and the objectives are utter shit. Also, I hate the enemies. I just hate enemies that can equally make headshots at you and OHK you.

benjipwns

Banned
Bad Company 2

I loved the sorta open-world in the desert ship graveyard. And coming down the hill in the blizzard is an all-time amazing part, even if the gameplay isn't anything too crazy, dat DICE sound and effects. There's another part I really liked but I can't remember and don't care to look it up.

But the single player was not as bad as I thought it would be, I got it in a sale for the MP which is good as well, and just fired up the single player on a whim and enjoyed it well enough. Especially since I probably paid like $7.50 for the whole package or something.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Alan Wake American Nightmare Update Released
Product Update - Valve
Alan Wake's American Nightmare v1.01 release notes:

* Fixed a rare startup crash on some systems
* Fixed VSync enabling - in some cases it wasn't enabled even if it was set to ON in the menus
* Fixed holding a flare when the user keeps the middle mouse button pressed
* Fixed a typo in Italian translation
* Improved loading times
* Please see our forum for up to date troubleshooting and update information: http://forum.alanwake.com/showthread.php?t=7759

YES!

That's why the usage meter is gone...I never got near 250GB but it's still good news.

RO2 is okay been a long time since I've played RO:Ostfront, I think the mods will be better games. Rising Storm looks nice Rising Storm website and I think In Country a Vietnam Mod In Country website looks great just from early footage & a Helicopter!!. I enjoyed playing Vietcong 2 multiplayer. So even if I don't play RO2 that much it's still a good investment.

Just downloaded the Civ 5 free weekend .....buying the GOTY version. When is the expansion hitting?

I loved the sorta open-world in the desert ship graveyard.
That part deserves more credit. Wasn't this level the one that had a part where you arrive to a desert town in the jeep, had to dismount and start looking for some hidden opposition. That was really good like it more than Half Life 2 vehicle part.

kafiend

Just downloaded the Civ 5 free weekend .....buying the GOTY version. When is the expansion hitting?

June 19th 2012 in North America and June 22nd Internationally.

It will include features such as religion, espionage, enhanced naval combat and combat AI, as well as 9 new civilizations.

According to the wiki.

benjipwns

Banned
That part deserves more credit. Wasn't this level the one that had a part where you arrive to a desert town in the jeep, had to dismount and start looking for some hidden opposition. That was really good like it more than Half Life 2 vehicle part.
You come up to the start of the desert and there's like three locations to head to and you can do them in any order. With the large cargo ship graveyard in the background.

You can't really truly roam the desert area too much, but it grants that impression because it plops you down in the middle of it and says here's all the objectives, go get to them.

Baha

Sleeping Dogs Limited Edition will be $31 on GMG tomorrow (once the disciples 2 gold trade in credit is live) if you use the coupon + D2 Gold trade in. It's a steam key according to GMG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom