• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
SEGA Bass Fishing

Bo1Vy.jpg

OH MY GOD, WHY DID I NOT GET THIS GAME WHEN I HAD A DREAMCAST D:
I’ve never been fishing but this game is fucking amazing, seriously I wished sega could have put online leaderboards for this remake so we could see who caught the biggest fish.

interesting, the leaderboards on the xbla and psn versions make it seem like there's a max weight of like 20lbs 7oz or something, but I really feel like it went higher on the dreamcast version. I've been meaning to find my old save file and look at my high score list.

How does the pc version control?

Baha

interesting, the leaderboards on the xbla and psn versions make it seem like there's a max weight of like 20lbs 7oz or something, but I really feel like it went higher on the dreamcast version. I've been meaning to find my old save file and look at my high score list.

I nearly hit that on my best catch:

6A84DDC09E4900B88121C96DC7DE6C3EFB4929E0

Also saw Gabe walk by. My god going there was amazing and torture because I know I will never be emplyed by Valve. Kitchens on all 4 floors, Amazing offices, amazing people working there, soo awesome.

JordanKZ

So err... Randomly got gifted a copy of LA Noire. No idea why (I already own it, and I've given it to a friend).

Anyone else randomly received something? I pre-ordered Max Payne 3 and already own the first 2 if that's any help...

MRORANGE

Seems fine I guess, you can just plug in the 360 controller and it recognizes immediately.

I nearly hit that on my best catch:

6A84DDC09E4900B88121C96DC7DE6C3EFB4929E0

Holy shit that's a big one.

Baha

So err... Randomly got gifted a copy of LA Noire. No idea why (I already own it, and I've given it to a friend).

Anyone else randomly received something? I pre-ordered Max Payne 3 and already own the first 2 if that's any help...

Did you enter in a steamgifts or playblink giveaway and forgot about it?

Ledsen

Also saw Gabe walk by. My god going there was amazing and torture because I know I will never be emplyed by Valve. Kitchens on all 4 floors, Amazing offices, amazing people working there, soo awesome.

Why wouldn't you be? What do you do? I don't see any reason why you couldn't.

1-D_FTW

Yeup, here too. Wonder if it'll stick. Would be a nice upgrade from MC2 if it's from Rockstar.

Yeah. That's why I didn't enter it. I had no use for an old racing game without wheel support.

I would have signed up if I'd known it was for that.*

*Although people have pretty hostile opinions towards it. So maybe it's best I'm not tempted to play something I'm pretty sure I'll hate.

Phinor

LA Noire was given to those who pre-ordered Max Payne 3.

Indeed, just got the popup promotion for that.

I wish MP3 was Steamworks. At 50€ I'm never going to buy it (or any other game for that matter) and if I'm not getting it day 1, I'll be waiting until it's at least 75% off in Steam.

Decker

I have tried Civ 5 but I find it very confusing (compared to Civ 4)

in particular I don't find the interface very intuitive and also terrain graphic is not very clear after I build a couple of improvements

Is it just initial impression or game is really garbled sometimes ?

I have already played Civ, Colonization, Civ 3, Civ4, but I find the approach to this game to be quite different, any advices ?

MasLegio

Banned
I have tried Civ 5 but I find it very confusing (compared to Civ 4)

in particular I don't find the interface very intuitive and also terrain graphic is not very clear after I build a couple of improvements

Is it just initial impression or game is really garbled sometimes ?

I have already played Civ, Colonization, Civ 3, Civ4, but I find the approach to this game to be quite different, any advices ?

give it time and it will become better

jediyoshi

Wait LA Noire is a pre-order bonus for MP3? I don't see this on Steam where are you guys getting that?

Right under the MP3 pre-purchase offer deets
http://store.steampowered.com/app/204100/

Pre-Purchase Max Payne 3 now and receive a copy of L.A. Noire for free! Already own L.A. Noire? Give the extra copy to a friend!

Offer ends Monday, May 28 at 9pm Pacific Time.

Offer not available in territories where L.A. Noire is not available.

Pretty nifty of them, doesn't seem like it's not selling well so far or anything either.

Angry Fork

That's cool I didn't know that I thought it was just multiplayer freebies. Thinking of pre-ordering now but I don't know if it's worth 60$ just for the single player =( I don't care about the multi. Already beat LA Noire on PS3 but I want it on PC for the higher resolution and driving around.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Old?
Valve Press said:
Hi,

Just a quick note to let folks know that Counter-Strike: GO will be playable in both Microsoft and Sony's booths at E3. Please feel free to stop by at your convenience to check it out.

Valve will not be holding dedicated appointments at this year's show. But feel free to email us after the show if you'd like to follow up with more on CS:GO.

Cheers

June 19th 2012 in North America and June 22nd Internationally. It will include features such as religion, espionage, enhanced naval combat and combat AI, as well as 9 new civilizations. According to the wiki.

Thanks, I'm enjoying it. Is the LA Noire that comes with MP3 the complete edition? Anyone who doesn't want LA Noire, I'll take it.

Baha

Apparently the steam store is experiencing heavy load, is there a deal I'm missing or something?

[edit] Looks like it sorted itself out.

Blizzard

Banned
DOTA 2 is currently updating on my machine. For a bit while it was updating, and my hard disk light was solid, ALT TAB AND CTRL-ALT-DELETE DID NOT EVEN DO ANYTHING. I have no idea how Steam is locking I/O so hard or whatever, but it really bugs me as a programmer. :(

Derrick01

Banned
LA Noire was given to those who pre-ordered Max Payne 3.

I was just about to ask wtf it was doing in my inventory. I would have preferred Max Payne 1 and 2 since I still don't have those but I guess it was nice of Rockstar to give me something *shrug*

atomsk

Party Pooper
1.2 gig update for E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy, all kinds of bug fixes! 43 new achievements.

I really should get around to playing it...

kadotsu

Banned
Was there ever any clear answer to why it went away, other than EA starting Origin and wanting to exclude Steam? I mean I know there's the paid DLC store thing, but I didn't even realize Crysis 2 had paid DLC.

Apparently Steam could provide the tools that Crytek needed to support the game. Thank god Steam has added a patching solution since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom