• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_End

Wasn't that from Summer Sale 2011 (July 3 specifically)?

I think you might be right. It's got "Franchise Sale" written on a plank of wood just like they did for the Summer Sale last year. Hard to imagine that they'd reuse the same graphic.

It's obviously a glitch, but instead of a glitch of things to come, it's a glitch showing us things past.

EA is such an asshole regarding regional locking. Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition isn't even available in my country...

I mean, what's the point? I can buy DA:O but not the Ultimate Edition. What kind of logic is that?

Blizzard

Banned
Great, there's zero information about the game...

I hope they fixed the gamestopping bugs in the singleplayer campaign and the AI turn threading bugs in the base game.

The soundtrack is great. My favorites are Switch, Triumph, Deeper, and Concentrate, in that order.
Wait, there have been game-stopping Frozen Synapse since release and they haven't been fixed? I thought it came out a long time ago.

The song from the DLC on the Steam store is pretty cool, definitely.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Quick someone list all the removed games so I can add them all to my wishlist.

Edit: Not every removed game has showed back up - Wanted Weapons of Fate, and Engine Driver Drive a Steam Train are both still impossible to access.

Did manage to add:
Prey
Stalin vs. Martians
Big Kahuna Reef
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Wolfenstein
The Movies
i'm not alone
Lost: Via Domus

TheNatural

My Member!

Edit: Not every removed game has showed back up - Wanted Weapons of Fate, and Engine Driver Drive a Steam Train are both still impossible to access.

Did manage to add:
Prey
Stalin vs. Martians
Big Kahuna Reef
Wolfenstein
The Movies
i'm not alone

WHAT

Firehead

Did manage to add:
Prey
Stalin vs. Martians
Big Kahuna Reef
Wolfenstein
The Movies
i'm not alone

Sega Rally Revo and Anno 1404. Wish they'd add both of them back to the library. :(

Blizzard

Banned

Did manage to add:
Prey
Stalin vs. Martians
Big Kahuna Reef
Wolfenstein
The Movies
i'm not alone
Don't forget Simplz Zoo, that favorite game of Remy. =P

Also wouldn't it be funny if the reason Crysis 2 showed back up was a store mistake, lol.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Did manage to add:
Prey
Stalin vs. Martians
Big Kahuna Reef
Wolfenstein
The Movies
i'm not alone

From the Steam Forums:

Games removed from all Regions Stores:
2XL Supercross
4x4 Hummer
APB: All Points Bulletin
Agatha Christie: And then there were None
Agatha Christie: Evil under the Sun
Agatha Christie: Murder on the Orient Express
Ancient Wars: Sparta
Atari: 80 Classic Games in One!
Attack on Pearl Harbor
Baseball Mogul 2008
Baseball Mogul 2009
Battleforge
Beijing Olympics 2008
Big Kahuna Reef
Breach
Classic Car Racing
City of Heroes: Architect Edition
Codename Gordon**
Commandos: Strike Force
Crasher
Crysis 2
Dragon Age 2
Empires: Dawn of the Modern World
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
Football Manager 2008
Football Manager 2009
Football Manager 2010
Football Manager 2011
Full Pipe
Gemsweeper
The Godfather
The Godfather II
The Golden Compass
Happy Tree Friends: False Alarm
Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge
The Incredible Hulk
Indigo Prophecy
Iron Man
League of Legends
Lineage
Lineage 2
The Movies
Neopets Puzzle Adventure
Outrun 2006: Coast 2 Coast
Pirates Of The Burning Sea
Prey
Raven Squad
Ricochet Infinity
Risk
Sega Rally Revo
Shattered Suns
Shaun White Snowboarding
Simplz Zoo
Smashing Toys
Speedball 2: Tournament
Stalin vs. Martians
Stargate Resistance
Stubbs the Zombie
ToCA Race Driver 3
Top Spin 2
TMNT
Wanted: Weapons Of Fate
Wik and the Fable of Souls
Winter Voices (Base game and Episodes 1, 2, 3 and 4.
Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009

Specific Regional Steam Store Unavailability:
Manhunt(Brazil)
Silent Hill Homecoming(Asia. Parts of Europe)

Still Has a Steam Page But Cannot be Purchased:
Dawn of Discovery/Anno 1404

Games replaced on the Steam Store:
Alien Shooter: Vengeance (replaced with Alien Shooter 2: Reloaded)
Batman: Arkham Asylum (replaced with Batman: Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition)
City Life (replaced with City Life Deluxe)
City Life Deluxe (replaced with City Life 2008)
Far Cry 2 (replaced with Far Cry 2: Fortune's Edition)
Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers (replaced with Duels of the Planeswalkers Gold)
Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers Individual Card DLC (replaced with Duels of the Planeswalkers Gold Deck Bundle)
Merchants of Brooklyn (replaced with Drug Wars)*
Napoleon: Total War (Replaced with Napoleon: Total War™ Imperial Edition)
Painkiller Gold (replaced with Painkiller Black)*
Penumbra Requium (Now merged with Penumbra Black Plague Gold Edition)
Plants vs. Zombies (replaced with Plants vs. Zombies GOTY Edition)
Sam & Max Individual Episodes (replaced with season packs)
The Witcher (replaced with The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut)
Two Worlds (replaced with Two Worlds Epic Edition)

*Name change. No new content
**Can still be downloaded for free

Did manage to add:
Prey
Stalin vs. Martians
Big Kahuna Reef
Wolfenstein
The Movies
i'm not alone

The Movies was on Steam?

lol

jediyoshi

That's an endlessly fascinating list. I wonder if anyone's compiled a list of DLC oddities like that Mafia 2 DLC that's only available in Europe.

Hellix

Just finished Assassin's Creed II. It definitely got me hooked to the series, now I want to get Brotherhood and Revelations. A shame I didn't get them when they were so cheap, but I wasn't sure I would like ACII. I hope it will go to the same price during the Summer Sale.

Just finished Assassin's Creed II. It definitely got me hooked to the series, now I want to get Brotherhood and Revelations. A shame I didn't get them when they were so cheap, but I wasn't sure I would like ACII. I hope it will go to the same price during the Summer Sale.

It should be. Brotherhood is really good. I actually 100%'d that game for some impossible reason. Here's hoping there's a good deal on Revelations.

camerooni

Neo Member
Something has to be going on, my number jumped up by over a hundred.

Maybe they're finally going to update the left behind 'Media' section and it's just adding in all the soundtracks in games you own. You know.. so people can actually find them without trawling through program files\steam or searching on web forums.

Would be nice to actually have 'soundtracks', 'videos', 'magazines', 'books' etc. under media rather than having them listed either as games (the indie game the movie), or just found in the games containing folder (essentially all soundtracks).. they should also break soundtracks out of being listed as 'dlc' in the search..

Relax.MX

I always try a game until the end, even if I do not like at all. I presume that I still maintain that desire to play as in my times of 8 bits where in spite of how bad it was the game I played and tried to finish. however i fuckin HATE GRAW with all my heart i put 3 hours and i hated every second...

And i liked tactical shooters...5 usd to the trash...(i buy the secuel too :( ) from ugly aesthetics to the basic story through the misconceived gameplay..

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
also they removed the new Wolfenstein? I wanted to try that..

Presumably because Acti's publishing rights expired and won't be renewed given ZeniMax's purchase of id a few years ago. It'll likely re-appear as a Bethesda game at some point.

JaseC

I would... but those are megaupload links - they're dead.

Oh, I misread them as mediafire links, haha. Other fixes I'm come across:

- Run the PhysX installer in steamapps\common\metro 2033\install
- Delete User.cfg in steamapps\common\metro 2033
- Delete content.upk0 in steamapps\common\metro 2033
- Run the game's executable directly from steamapps\common\metro 2033 rather than Steam

Edit: D'oh, forgot to switch tabs.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
is Dungeons worth picking if Dungeons the Dark Lord is available?

Oh, I misread them as mediafire links, haha. Other fixes I'm come across:

- Run the PhysX installer in steamapps\common\metro 2033\install
- Delete User.cfg in steamapps\common\metro 2033
- Delete content.upk0 in steamapps\common\metro 2033
- Run the game's executable directly from steamapps\common\metro 2033 rather than Steam

Edit: D'oh, forgot to switch tabs.

Already tried those, doesn't seem to work :(

JaseC

The only other two options that come to mind are:

- Bumping the Overclock.net thread/SPUF thread, asking if anybody still has the fixed files, or Edit: Apparently, the fix was incorporated into a patch. Are you absolutely sure the game is up-to-date? When I re-downloaded The Witcher 2 late last year, Steam managed to deliver me v1.0 rather than v1.whateverthelatestversionwasathetime (may have been 2.0, actually).
- Try your luck with a cracked version

Just be aware brotherhood and revelations are pretty much the same game as 2. If you try to play them after each other, you will burn out and fast. Having to wait is not a bad thing at all.

Was really excited to finally buy and play Limbo today. Turns out I already purchased it months ago. Steam *shrugs*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom