• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.
First wishlist game of the year :)

Dude I need you to explain mexican comedy to me. I don't get it. There was the dude in your avatar, a bunch of adults in a classroom, and a guy in a bee costume. I was so lost.

My first game was hl2, but first non valve digital purchase was audiosurf.

Chavelo

Dude I need you to explain mexican comedy to me. I don't get it. There was the dude in your avatar, a bunch of adults in a classroom, and a guy in a bee costume. I was so lost.

My first game was hl2, but first non valve digital purchase was audiosurf.

Fact: Chavo del Ocho is top tier comedy.

Uriah

First Steam game I owned was TF2 which I bought at Gamestop after playing the xbox version. Then I bought the Valve complete pack when it was on sale for the Christmas holiday, along with Audiosurf.

Fact: Chavo del Ocho is top tier comedy.

I don't get it. Granted I don't speak spanish, and I couldn't get the closed captioning to work. I'm sure I'm missing wordplay or something but outside of that is the joke all slapstick, or hey look at that fat kid, or it's funny because they're adults dressed up as kids? What age range is it aimed at? It seemed for younger kids. Please educate me.

mrgone

I registered my HL1 GOTY keys on a couple different accounts shortly before HL2 dropped. I still remember HL2's release so clearly. What an amazing afternoon.

I thought it was pretty cool that they just straight up gave everyone with a HL1 key the GOTY version, too. Can't complain about free Blue Shift and Opposing Force, even if that afternoon lasted an entire year! (was that the origination of Valve Time?)

Rufus

Playing Mass Effect....Why the fuck is the Mako a special ed bus? It hits a pebble in the road and I'm doing a triple flip in air. Bioware should never be allowed to design any physics or car driving ever. Its like GTA4 with the Zero gravity mod on, in a garage truck. So you have zero control over steering.
I made a game of it by always going the direct route when I was exploring planets. Scaling mountains was fun. I miss it, actually. Certainly beat planet scanning from orbit... That being said, whenever they demand you drive in close quarters the handling turns against you, as you have already noticed. There's another point in the game when that could potentially become very frustrating... It's timed, too.

Rufus

Yeah, but then it becomes so easy that it drives home even more how useless of a task and mechanic it actually is. I'm almost more interested in its replacement than I am in the plot of ME3 at this point...

Relax.MX

I don't get it. Granted I don't speak spanish, and I couldn't get the closed captioning to work. I'm sure I'm missing wordplay or something but outside of that is the joke all slapstick, or hey look at that fat kid, or it's funny because they're adults dressed up as kids? What age range is it aimed at? It seemed for younger kids. Please educate me.

Is a program who started the year 1970, so is kind of "white" humor (very different from what is today), perhaps for nostalgia, or Mexican idiosyncrasy but many of us grew up watching the show, the funny thing is not old people dressed and acting like kids, is just innocent(and ignorant) and poor people who lives together...children's games(not videogames, not tv, not internet), jokes, problems with neighbors, no money(play with a bottle to play soccer, use a broom or a stick to play baseball), etc.

And is not only Mexican comedy, this program was a boom in another latin countrys like Argentina, Colombia, Brazil, etc. Maybe it's how we live our childhood

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
9800 pro was one of the best cards of all time. God damn I loved that thing. It broke my heart when I upgraded.

ATI moneyhatting HL2 was the first blatant videocard moneyhat I remember, good times.

Baha

Is a program who started the year 1970, so is kind of "white" humor (very different from what is today), perhaps for nostalgia, or Mexican idiosyncrasy but many of us grew up watching the show, the funny thing is not old people dressed and acting like kids, is just innocent(and ignorant) and poor people who lives together...children's games(not videogames, not tv, not internet), jokes, problems with neighbors, no money(play with a bottle to play soccer, use a broom or a stick to play baseball), etc.

And is not only Mexican comedy, this program was a boom in another latin countrys like Argentina, Colombia, Brazil, etc. Maybe it's how we live our childhood

Yep, I grew up watching some episodes and I'm from Central America. Anyways, here's more info on the show if anybody's interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Chavo_del_Ocho

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
9800 pro was one of the best cards of all time. God damn I loved that thing. It broke my heart when I upgraded.

ATI moneyhatting HL2 was the first blatant videocard moneyhat I remember, good times.

ATi/AMD also snagged the Black Box (Episode Two, Portal, and Team Fortress 2) when Valve decided against releasing it at retail alongside the Orange Box. I wasn't aware of this prior to purchasing a 2900XT (I couldn't spare the extra cash for the 8800GTX), so it was a very pleasant surprise.

ATi/AMD also snagged the Black Box (Episode Two, Portal 2, and Team Fortress 2) when Valve decided against releasing it at retail alongside the Orange Box. I wasn't aware of this prior to purchasing a 2900XT (I couldn't spare the extra cash for the 8800GTX), so it was a very pleasant surprise.

I think you've got those Black Box games a little mixed up, haha.

Edit: Deal of the Day is Painkiller Complete Pack 75% off ($5)

Individual titles are also 75% off, if you want to, say, just go with Painkiller: Black Edition for $2.50.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Oh hey, I wanted Painkiller: Black Edition (best Painkiller right?); and I have a 50% Nordic Games coupon too.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
2012 will be the year that Wolfenstein '09 becomes a daily. I can feel it.

Wolfenstein '09 is sooooo good. It's too bad people don't like good shooters because Raven always makes guns feel delicious (Singularity, Wolf 09, flechette from JK2, SOF2 are all proof of this) but now they are stuck making maps for a series.

The level design in the individual levels in Wolf 09 is also top-tier.

I know Black is good but are the others worth it? I already own Black.
No, the series got progressively shittier. I gave the first two expansions a shot and couldn't finish either one. That said, I can't stand the combat encounter design in the series anyways. The whole locked room setup shit is just terrible.

Okay, I just didn't know if it was aimed for slightly older kids or what. I was watching and the larger kid would go do something and everyone wpuld laugh. I was never sure if I was missing something (culturally, or verbally) or if the joke was just him being him (fat in this case). Same would go on for the poor kid or the dumb kid. I was just left guessing how mean it was. Now I know it's much more innocent and crap entertainment has made me view stuff like that differenly.

Anyway, I've heard bad things about the painkillers that aren't black. Any input?

Edit: and that has been answered. Thanks!

So I wasn't even aware that there was a Flatout 3. Upon looking at GameRankings for a second.... yeaaaaaaah, gonna pass. I'm not usually one to use GR or MetaCritic as a definitive source for purchasing advice--I've enjoyed plenty of games that've gotten mid-50s--but yowzers!

Nabs

So I wasn't even aware that there was a Flatout 3. Upon looking at GameRankings for a second.... yeaaaaaaah, gonna pass. I'm not usually one to use GR or MetaCritic as a definitive source for purchasing advise--I've enjoyed plenty of games that've gotten mid-50s--but yowzers!

Watch some video clips if you get a chance. It looks so bad.

If anyone wants my Strategy First 50% off coupon (Flatout Pub) let me know. It doesn't work with the Flatout Pack.

Sober

OH MY GOD EVOCHRON HAS MULTIPLAYER AND COOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have the biggest boner right now holy shit

MY PANTS ARE RIPPING
Wait, is this the game where they had that tech demo where you can fly into the atmosphere of a planet and then leave it seamlessly? Because if so I am fucking interested.

WTF, their site is down, I can't download the demo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom