• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

MNC

Wait, is this the game where they had that tech demo where you can fly into the atmosphere of a planet and then leave it seamlessly? Because if so I am fucking interested.

WTF, their site is down, I can't download the demo.

YES, THAT IS THIS GAME. I think. It's advertised as such, and is possible.

Lol, I had a friend try the demo, he fucked up his flight and it said CAUTION, CAUTION. And then he flew straight into an asteroid :D

I believe in this game. I fucking WANT THIS GAME to survive. The co-op missions, and the space station setting, it should be really awesome.

1-D_FTW

Oh, shit, Schilling really does get it:

Additionally, pre-purchase on Steam before the release date and receive three exclusive items (Warsworn Helmet, Bolgan Helmet, and Bolgan Family Crest) in Team Fortress 2!

But.........damn you Curt!

*Game being released on Steam.
*No additional DRM
*Demo
*Steam achievements
*Steam cloud
*Hats!

Stop giving me reasons to purchase more games right now! :p

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Yo Kingdoms also looks pretty mint on PC too. I maxed everything out and it runs at 60 fps and looks really crisp with almost no aliasing. The art style looks quite stunning at times on PC.

It took me an hour to dl on Origin :(. I'm glad to see it's on Steam with Steamworks though. I always liked Curt.

Yay, now it's going, might get an hour or two in before bed.

To be fair, this wouldn't happen on Origin unless all ten people using it decided to download at the same time.

inky

The spells feel and look really good even so early on, definitely my favourite part of the demo so far, and seem like it could be quite a deep game. The combat (especially up close) is OK, but it needs a lil' bit more feedback methinks... Maybe it'll change over time. Graphics are nice and it runs well on my PC.

So, Hmmm, so right now for me it's either $60 on Steam, or $35 in Origin? I guess I'll wait for a sale as I'm not even near done with Skyrim or the other 20 games I bought during the holidays.

Edit: fck, I thought this was the Amalur demo impressions thread. Well, I'm still kind of on-topic.

EA isn't even publishing Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning on Steam. 38 Studios is, so I"m guessing they have the same sort of agreement with EA as Valve does.

Yes! This is the best news I've heard today. Has this been confirmed as Steamworks yet? With the TF2 incentive, I may pick this up on day one if I can find a good deal.

Zzoram

Oh, shit, Schilling really does get it:

Additionally, pre-purchase on Steam before the release date and receive three exclusive items (Warsworn Helmet, Bolgan Helmet, and Bolgan Family Crest) in Team Fortress 2!

Smartest marketing decision they ever made, aside from putting the game on Steam.

jediyoshi

qtbDx.jpg

Aww shiet. Better than the Skyrim hat.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Looks like there is a crest too.

So, how long will it go from TF2 hat to Dota 2 Weapons/Capes/Sholder Pads?
I'm guessing there will be many items usable in both TF2 and DOTA2 soon enough.

There was a few that were cross compatible between Portal 2 and TF2

I'm going to be calm about this but where the hell have my saves gone? Loaded up Serious Sam just now and it's acting like it's my first time playing it, go to main menu and no save games?

Derrick01

Banned
Anyone know what was in the terraria or saints row 3 updates I got today? Orcs Must Die is downloading a ~200mb patch right now too.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Anyone know what was in the terraria or saints row 3 updates I got today? Orcs Must Die is downloading a ~200mb patch right now too.

Just a minor update for Terraria:

• Terraria has been translated to German, Italian, French, and Spanish.
  • When first run, Terraria will ask which language to use. This can be changed in the options menu.
  • Terraria now has support for accented letters and multiple keyboard layouts.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause spawn items to sometimes not work on multiplayer games. (Hopefully)
  • Fixed a bug that would allow you to create items using the crafting guide.
  • Fixed several multiplayer security issues.
  • Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause the Eater of Worlds to not spawn after three shadow orbs had been smashed.

http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/terraria-1-1-2.76786/

1-D_FTW

Just started the Amular demo and that sure isn't Steamworks. Need to link to your crappy Origin account. Almost deleted on the spot, but I took a chill pill and powered on.

EDIT: Only exited out because I needed to restart for graphics setting changes. Log back in and password to Origin isn't saved. And I have to pick my propaganda settings again. "George is getting upset!"

Thomper

Saints Row 3 update includes a new homie and Team Fortress 2 masks for your character. Also prepares your game for the new DLC if people want to play that against you in DLC.

Derrick01

Banned
Just started the Amular demo and that sure isn't Steamworks. Need to link to your crappy Origin account. Almost deleted on the spot, but I took a chill pill and powered on.

That's some bullshit. Oh well I guess I can live with just putting my account in. I did the same for dead space 2 and Hot Pursuit too. As long as there's no messing around with actual Origin. I won't have any fragment of that garbage on my computer.

Also thanks on the patch comments. It should be mandatory to put notes up with the patch on Steam but whatever.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
So, is it alright to wait for a sale if I want Kingdoms of Amalur for Steam? Meaning is there any chance of it getting pulled from Steam?

People are saying in the demo thread that the demo is a really old build that had to constantly be jerry rigged with the new stuff as they added it. It will suck if you have to sign in stupid origin shit in the final version (which is steamworks... Supposedly...).

Derrick01

Banned

EDIT: Only exited out because I needed to restart for graphics setting changes. Log back in and password to Origin isn't saved. And I have to pick my propaganda settings again. "George is getting upset!"

You can opt out of the EA shit by hitting the x at the top of that box. I just did it because for whatever reason it was saying my EA password (that I have written down...) was incorrect. Fucking useless EA.

1-D_FTW

People are saying in the demo thread that the demo is a really old build that had to constantly be jerry rigged with the new stuff as they added it. It will suck if you have to sign in stupid origin shit in the final version (which is steamworks... Supposedly...).

Yeah. Hopefully it was a matter of economics and they just decided it wasn't worthwhile to make two demos.

The game itself it absolutely fantastic though.

Agree with StallionFree about the art being just gorgeous.

You can opt out of the EA shit by hitting the x at the top of that box. I just did it because for whatever reason it was saying my EA password (that I have written down...) was incorrect. Fucking useless EA.

Haha. Would have never even thought to try that.

Thanks for the tip! *Downloads demo*

"The Steam servers are currently too busy to handle your request."

FUCK!

Edit: Downloading! :D

I'm not sure how long this has been up, but Dear Esther has an official store page now:

CUno9.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/203810

mrgone

Just a tidbit about the Amalur demo with ATI/AMD cards: I'm not sure if it affects all card/driver combinations, but if you're getting black screens after the first cutscene, disable post-processing in the options. You can do this from within the game through the pause menu if you're already through the cutscenes.

I'm really loving the art style to this game. I think someone referred to it as a better Fable sequel a few pages, and it really does have that kind of look and feel. Worth the huge download for the demo :)

jediyoshi

It's been around forever. They probably would have by now if they really wanted him.
I imagine they'd have the decency to actually let him finish up the product for a release before that, especially since he went through the trouble of retooling it for the latest source version. They hired the Minerva guy far after his third release and the first was already impressive enough to warrant it.

Blizzard

Banned
Are content servers hosed or something? It took like 5 minutes of Steam being frozen to let me buy Dustforce, and then it wouldn't let me install it because of the servers being busy. It seems like things are finally coming back up though.

Dustforce bought!

Are content servers hosed or something? It took like 5 minutes of Steam being frozen to let me buy Dustforce, and then it wouldn't let me install it because of the servers being busy. It seems like things are finally coming back up though.

Yeah, I think so. It took me several tries to get the Kingdoms of Amalur demo to install and I just bought Dustforce and I'm getting Steam errors on that when I try to install. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom