• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played Ultimate Carnage and found it rather bland, but I only played solo. I'm having more fun with Sega Rally Revolution right now, but that's not on Steam for some reason (got it from GetGames).

That's the feeling I get from watching videos, the games look really bland. I'll pass.

MRORANGE

no i cant :(

cZUEN.png

keep refreshing the DustForce game page on steam until you can by it.

I'll give away all of my remaining coupons for painkiller black ($2.50) if anyone is interested. Percentages off these games not full games. Last spam of this from me, I just really wan't to play PKB.^^.

Valve, Steelstorm, Nimbus, SamandMax complete, The wonderful end of world, %60Magicka, %50 Amnesia, Grand Theft Auto 4 complete (%50), SolSurvivor, Shadowgrounds, and Chantelise.

Meh...

Watch some video clips if you get a chance. It looks so bad.

If anyone wants my Strategy First 50% off coupon (Flatout Pub) let me know. It doesn't work with the Flatout Pack.

This game almost makes me ashamed that I'm currently trying to learn Dutch in hopes of moving to the Netherlands after I graduate. :(

wutwutwut

Anyone ever try to use a bestbuy gift card to buy one of those visa gift cards? I wanna know if that works.
I'd suggest not using a prepaid card of any sort to buy from Steam. If the bank initiates a chargeback for any reason and you need to add to your account to cancel the chargeback, you might be fucked. I've heard at least one story of this sort, though I think PayPal was involved too.

Nabs

If you plan on buying a gift card, make sure you check and see if anyone else has used it on Steam. I've done it plenty of times without any problems.

R1CHO

Played 10 minutes of dustforce, looks great, but the framerate keeps dancing from 45-60 and its driving me crazy!!!!

PS: wait, maybe its because the HDD is busy donwloading the amalur demo

PS2: yep, now is better.

1-D_FTW

Anyone ever try to use a bestbuy gift card to buy one of those visa gift cards? I wanna know if that works.

Almost seem to remember people on Slickdeals mentioning you could use best buy gift cards to purchase other gift cards (which is not a very common acceptance). Not sure if it was Visa cards, but I'm pretty sure you ca get Kindle (good for anything at Amazon) cards with them.

I've got a Gamestop gift card lying around :gasp. Now that's going to be the challenge to use.

If you plan on buying a gift card, make sure you check and see if anyone else has used it on Steam. I've done it plenty of times without any problems.

Same.

I wonder if Flatout 3 is worth $4.99...

Edge just gave it a 1. Pretty sure people mentioned it was only the second 1 in Edge history.

pfkas

Flatout : UC is worth a few pounds of anyone's money. I've played the arse out of it recently - Stereoscopic 3D + Bonnet Cam = XD

lV0H6.jpg

This is what I get on all the pages in the Store section and I can't play any games because Steam says "they're unavailable".

Is this a problem with my computer or Steam?

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning™ is now available for pre-purchase! You can also check out the newly released demo right now!

The minds of New York Times bestselling author R.A. Salvatore, Spawn creator Todd McFarlane, and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion lead designer Ken Rolston have combined to create this new role-playing game set in a world worth saving. Build the character you’ve always wanted and continuously evolve it to your style of play with the revolutionary Destiny system. Choose your path and battle through a master-crafted universe featuring some of the most intense, responsive, and customizable RPG combat ever.

Additionally, pre-purchase on Steam before the release date and receive three exclusive items (Warsworn Helmet, Bolgan Helmet, and Bolgan Family Crest) in Team Fortress 2!

http://store.steampowered.com/news/7175/

EA isn't even publishing Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning on Steam. 38 Studios is, so I"m guessing they have the same sort of agreement with EA as Valve does.

Derrick01

Banned
Wow this Amalur news is fantastic. I was told the demo was origin only and now I'll actually get to play it on PC later today. Plus the steamworks features too, well played Schilling.

1-D_FTW

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning will have Steam Achievements and Steam Cloud support.

Are they making multiple skus? How does this work? Was hopeful that because Shilling was a PC nerd he'd understand the importance of Steam, but also though I saw it was going to have Origin achievements.

EDIT: Well Crimsonhead answered that. Thank goodness. +1 for nerdage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom