• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Tiny Bang Story

Great game, really. I'm about halfway through when I remembered reading this:

There is no text in this game. It is fun for all ages and suitable for the whole family!

While being greeted with this:

r3oig.jpg

Maybe it's just me.

Not only that snuggler but it has a piercing. I'd say its pushing some sort of agenda. Or maybe we are all mentally 12 and its just really funny.

Dingotech

Anybody still playing Space Pirates and Zombies (SPAZ)?
I picked it up during the Xmas sales and I've played it for around 30 hours so far and really enjoyed it, enough to distract me from Skyrim for over a few weeks.

Having to grind a bit now though in order to collect all the parts for the weapons to get the achievements.

Just completed the blueprint for my first huge spaceship this morning and managed to try it for 2 missions, man if it didn't destroy anything it came near it in seconds, whilst at the same time my shields barely got dented! It does handle like the Titanic though...

Is there an OT for SPAZ? I tried some searches but failed...

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I picked it up during the Xmas sales and I've played it for around 30 hours so far and really enjoyed it, enough to distract me from Skyrim for over a few weeks.

Having to grind a bit now though in order to collect all the parts for the weapons to get the achievements.

Just completed the blueprint for my first huge spaceship this morning and managed to try it for 2 missions, man if it didn't destroy anything it came near in seconds, whilst at the same time my shields barely got dented! It does handle like the Titanic though...

I'm almost at the final mission, trying to hit level 100 before I jump through the final gate though. The game is extremely addicting.

Yea the heavy ships take some getting used to. I just selected the carrier and added all kinds of missiles to it. So now I just hold down the right mouse and watch everything die to the nonstop barrages.

Dingotech

I'm almost at the final mission, trying to hit level 100 before I jump through the final gate though. The game is extremely addicting.

Yea the heavy ships take some getting used to. I just selected the carrier and added all kinds of missiles to it. So now I just hold down the right mouse and watch everything die to the nonstop barrages.

Sounds awesome. :D

I can't wait to try out all the huge ship designs, glad I have started to unlock them. Some of the planets were starting to get pretty tough with the enemy ships all rocking advanced armour and large+huge ships against my little fleet!

I totally want to respec some of my skill points into areas that could assist, but I'm trying to get the never respec achievement, which is kinda sad... XD

Tiny Bang Story

Great game, really. I'm about halfway through when I remembered reading this:

While being greeted with this:

r3oig.jpg

Maybe it's just me.

i beatz the game months ago when it was sale. very good. ending was meh. level gets repetitive but it's pretty i guess.

Hey GAF Steam folks. So I might be trading a TF2 item for a Steam game or two and I'm looking for some suggestions. So this might seem vague, but I'm actually looking for the best unique games on Steam. Stuff that can't easily be stuck into an existing genre and doesn't have 10 other games on Steam like it. For examples I've got Mount and Blade: Warband and Dead Rising 2 are on my short list already. I've got a big backlog already, so I just want to add original stuff to it, I don't need just another FPS or RTS no matter how good they are.

So yeah, it's a kinda open question, but I like most genres so I'm open to lots of types of suggestions.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
How about Recettear: an Item Shop's Tale? There aren't many dungeon crawling JRPG's/item shop sims on STEAM, afaik.

Zzoram

How about Recettear: an Item Shop's Tale? There aren't many dungeon crawling JRPG's/item shop sims on STEAM, afaik.

If you like JRPs or management games, it's a great game. I played it like 100 hours.

It's got NG+ indefinitely, and also even if you lose, when you restart, you keep most of the stuff you had before you lost and carry it over.

Hey GAF Steam folks. So I might be trading a TF2 item for a Steam game or two and I'm looking for some suggestions. So this might seem vague, but I'm actually looking for the best unique games on Steam. Stuff that can't easily be stuck into an existing genre and doesn't have 10 other games on Steam like it. For examples I've got Mount and Blade: Warband and Dead Rising 2 are on my short list already. I've got a big backlog already, so I just want to add original stuff to it, I don't need just another FPS or RTS no matter how good they are.

So yeah, it's a kinda open question, but I like most genres so I'm open to lots of types of suggestions.

Dangerous High School Girls might be something you like I'm not sure how to categorize it by genre. It's a mixture of puzzle, role-playing, casual, adventure.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/27400/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dangerous_High_School_Girls_in_Trouble!

Dambrosi

Banned
If you like JRPs or management games, it's a great game. I played it like 100 hours.

It's got NG+ indefinitely, and also even if you lose, when you restart, you keep most of the stuff you had before you lost and carry it over.

In fact, you're supposed to lose the first time through. It's impossible otherwise.

Normally, I'd be really pissed off with that sort of "forced restart" (a pet peeve of mine), but then I saw the deeper anti-Laissez-Faire Capitalist commentary behind the mechanic and forgave the game for it. The whole game is pretty politically self-aware, actually.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I had to revert back to the latest stable version of the Steam client as the beta build would freeze constantly when downloading. First time I've had any issues with the betas.

Chesskid1

Banned
nice, sonic generation demo finally released.

i also have a coupon for painkiller if anyone wants! will be $2.49 for complete pack.

hit me up later, MRORANGE

chixdiggit

Just completed the blueprint for my first huge spaceship this morning and managed to try it for 2 missions, man if it didn't destroy anything it came near it in seconds, whilst at the same time my shields barely got dented! It does handle like the Titanic though...

I have about 7 hours in and love it so far. I also barely made a dent in the Star Map, it's so freaking huge.

Chesskid1

Banned
def fallen earth considering 113421 is the fallen earth appid and FE steam depot is 113422

sonic generations demo took 6 minutes to playthrough but it sure was fun :)

not sure i can handle the speed, i may puke, it was pretty disorienting. i sit really close to the monitor as well, think i may move it back some and see if it helps and i'll sit further back. (on a desk)

Dingotech

I have about 7 hours in and love it so far. I also barely made a dent in the Star Map, it's so freaking huge.

I found that I only unlocked about 2/5 of the map before I got into chapter 3 and the centre of the map.

I only went back and unlocked about 1/3 more to get the 150 planets/systems achievement and to get all the item blueprints. I found though that after travelling around half the map all the items available are already found in stores, so probably not much reason for me to unlock the remainder of the map.

Nabs

def fallen earth considering 113421 is the fallen earth appid and FE steam depot is 113422

sonic generations demo took 6 minutes to playthrough but it sure was fun :)

If they have a weekend deal soon, I can give you my 33% off coupon. Just let me know.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wolfenstein '09 is sooooo good. It's too bad people don't like good shooters because Raven always makes guns feel delicious (Singularity, Wolf 09, flechette from JK2, SOF2 are all proof of this) but now they are stuck making maps for a series.

The level design in the individual levels in Wolf 09 is also top-tier.

Yeah, Raven know their stuff, and have done an admirable job of eschewing the trappings of modern game design. If the game hasn't been generously discounted by the end of the Summer sale, I'll just pick it up at $15.

Jharp

Wolfenstein 09 was one of the best shooters this generation. The kar98 in that game is like the shotgun from doom on crack having sex with the AK47 from counter-strike, and flipping off all the pea shooters from Call of Duty.

Fuck I love that game.

Too bad Singularity was utter balls. I had such high hopes for that game.

Oreoleo

I always turn subtitles off.

It's unimmersive.

Plus I have god-like hearing abilities.

Personally I find more often than not character voices are mixed kinda poorly and hard to hear over other things going on. But yeah if I'm looking for immersion and the mixing is decent I'll turn them off.

Blizzard

Banned
I turn off subs and mute everything. I read lips like a pro.
Psh, I turn off subtitles, mute the volume, use a braille monitor and imagine what everyone must be saying.

(in reality I leave subtitles on if a game is mixed where it's hard for me to hear things...in a game like Portal 2 it can spoil some timing moments if you have subtitles on)

Card Boy

Banned
Forgot repetitiveness the real reason why Asssassins Creed 1 was a massive failure (in my eyes) was because it had no subtitles. Any game with extensive dialogue that doesn't have subtitles deserves bomba bin status and negative reviews.

I always play with subtitles. Always. For me it helps not guess what dialogue people are saying (accents or low tone voices), helps with poorly recorded games, and it helps me remember names and places.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Forgot repetitiveness the real reason why Asssassins Creed 1 was a massive failure (in my eyes) was because it had no subtitles. Any game with extensive dialogue that doesn't have subtitles deserves bomba bin status and negative reviews.

I always play with subtitles. Always. For me it helps not guess what dialogue people are saying (accents or low tone voices), helps with poorly recorded games, and it helps me remember names and places.
It's probably better to make up your own dialogue. You can pretend you're playing a medieval Groundhog Day.

MNC

Lately whenever I sign into friends through the friends window, steam freezes. When I do it through the main window (Options > Friends > Online) It works

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
I hope the Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind GOTY Edition goes on sale soon for $5.00

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
It's been over a year and a half since that's happened, but good luck.

I assume once the prestige of Skyrim decreases slightly, it will become a reality. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom