• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it was a daily a couple months ago. =/

Really? Goddammit.

Edit: it was 50%, which is where it is on winter and summer sales usually (although I think this last winter sale it was only 33%). I don't wanna be 'that guy' but I kinda want something like 75%.

Did anyone give Evochron Mercenary a try?

I'm not at my computer to try the demo so I'm interested to hear some impressions.

I found this: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=400024

And this has some really cool video tutoruals: http://www.starwraith.com/evochronmercenary/universe.htm#9

Outside of that its hard to find a whole lot about it. It's got a 76 on metacritic (and the exerpt from the negative review doesn't seem that negative to me).

Also someone on the drunk thread called it "nuts".

ShaneB

Really? Goddammit.

Edit: it was 50%, which is where it is on winter and summer sales usually (although I think this last winter sale it was only 33%). I don't wanna be 'that guy' but I kinda want something like 75%.

It's the steam mindset. I wonder why I ever buy anything knowing it'll be cheaper eventually.

Relax.MX

I win Tropico Triology in the last sale, ¿what i need to download to play the 3? ¿Steam Special Version or Absolute Power?

EDIT: Steam Special Version - Vanilla Absolute Power - Expansion My mistake, but really? the expansion is bigger(3,134.5 MB) than the base(3,076.1 MB) of the game?

So this is a thing: I went to launch Battlefield 3 (from the IGN Prime madness), and it wanted me to activate it again. I checked my Origin game's library and it's gone. So they might be revoking them, should that relate to you.

Just something worth noting.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So this is a thing: I went to launch Battlefield 3 (from the IGN Prime madness), and it wanted me to activate it again. I checked my Origin game's library and it's gone. So they might be revoking them, should that relate to you.

They revoked the games long ago and asked that people with actual Prime memberships seek another key from IGN. Seems they just missed you and have only now caught on.

Edit: Or perhaps that was just Impulse with AC: Revelations and EA themselves are only now revoking BF3.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

Still seems to work for me. I don't particularly care though.

Rapstah

They revoked all of the AC: R keys before that game even launched, so they were quite clearly working on getting them all off the air at least back then. Maybe the BF3 keys were less trackable though.

They revoked the games long ago and asked that people with actual Prime memberships seek another key from IGN. Seems they just missed you and have only now caught on.

Edit: Or perhaps that just AC: Revelations and EA themselves are only now revoking BF3.

Yeah, I knew about Revelations but BF3 must have been recent. It's worth noting that I did recently talk to support about something else, so that might have prompted something.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah, I knew about Revelations but BF3 must have been recent. It's worth noting that I did recently talk to support about something else, so that might have prompted something.

The CS rep probably looked at your account history and put two and two together, haha.

Derrick01

Banned
I'm so out of it now because of the flu that I scanned my list 3 times and didn't see solar 2 there and tried to buy it. Thankfully steam stops you from buying something multiple times.

Turfster

How is Solar 2? Is it like Universe Sandbox?

Not at all. Solar 2 is the epic struggle of an asteroid, building up his powerbase to become the center of the universe. He becomes a small planet and starts hanging out with hos, but other asshole planets try to steal them, so he fucks them up with his spaceships, yo! Then when he's grabbed hold of the power, he extends his influence to satellite systems, lording it over the other planets he can find, until it all ends in tragedy as a cap gets popped in his ass and he takes his homies with him.

Ahem.

Solar 2 is really rather nifty and fun.

I just finished Dead Space 1, and immediately tried to boot up the sequel (which I bought in the Xmas sale), only to find that I have no CD key. Apparently this is a known issue. Damnit, Steam.

I found this: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=400024

And this has some really cool video tutoruals: http://www.starwraith.com/evochronmercenary/universe.htm#9

Outside of that its hard to find a whole lot about it. It's got a 76 on metacritic (and the exerpt from the negative review doesn't seem that negative to me).

Also someone on the drunk thread called it "nuts".
Yeah most of the stuff I've read is people discussing how cool it looks but never how it plays.

I'll have to check out those reviews.

Sober

I win Tropico Triology in the last sale, ¿what i need to download to play the 3? ¿Steam Special Version or Absolute Power?

EDIT: Steam Special Version - Vanilla Absolute Power - Expansion My mistake, but really? the expansion is bigger(3,134.5 MB) than the base(3,076.1 MB) of the game?

The expansion is just the base game plus the DLC, if you want to launch both you can but you'll only download it once (the base game) and a bit more for the expansion stuff.

Gav47

Anyone got any impressions of Dustforce? I'm pretty interested in it but I've read in several reviews that its really hard, is it harder than say Super Meatboy?

Fuck, my account (200+ games) got suspended for a failed payment of 2,50€ via clickandbuy. Apparently there weren't enough bucks on my bank account. Clickandbuy.com seems to be semi-down at the moment so that I can't do shit there. I contacted the support a few minutes ago:

1. How long does the support usually take to answer a mail?
2. How long does it take until I have access to my account again?
3. Is there a way to play my games offline?

MRORANGE

Fuck, my account (200+ games) got suspended for a failed payment of 2,50€ via clickandbuy. Apparently there weren't enough bucks on my bank account. Clickandbuy.com seems to be semi-down at the moment so that I can't do shit there. I contacted the support a few minutes ago:

1. a few days, you might get a respsonse quicker.
2. when the balance you owe has been paid.
3. with your account suspended? no. Unless you have another computer that was already in offline mode.

Thank you.

I received an Email by clickandbuy in which they said they'll try to get the money off my bank account again soon. That should probably do the trick. Furthermore, they'll charge me with a 15€ fee - fucking brutal :(. Oh well, I learned my lesson.

Why the hell doesn't the Sonic Generations demo recognize my Xbox 360 controller? Come to think of it, I tried playing Pure a few days ago and that didn't recognize it either. But it works for everything else I use it with.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Why the hell doesn't the Sonic Generations demo recognize my Xbox 360 controller? Come to think of it, I tried playing Pure a few days ago and that didn't recognize it either. But it works for everything else I use it with.

Did you configure your controller with the separate configuration tool?

Derrick01

Banned
So I started playing Duke Nukem Forever since I picked it up for a little over $1 on Amazon a while back. Why is this game so choppy? Doesn't seem to matter what settings I choose pretty much every corner I turn it's dropping to 40-50fps. I definitely have a good enough PC to max this so is the engine just that shitty or something?

It's USB. Also the green light on the home button is on.

So wired 360 controller? If you haven't solved it I can try the demo too when I get home and let you know if it gives me the same.

So I started playing Duke Nukem Forever since I picked it up for a little over $1 on Amazon a while back. Why is this game so choppy? Doesn't seem to matter what settings I choose pretty much every corner I turn it's dropping to 40-50fps. I definitely have a good enough PC to max this so is the engine just that shitty or something?

I haven't seen anything being choppy when I play it, the worst I get is some tearing no matter what settings I play with. My FPS seems stable, BUT I wouldn't put it past the engine being shitty.

VALIS

1. In my experience they usually manage to send you one email a day. None on weekends. Frustrating, because it usually takes a bunch of emails to solve a problem.

2. See #1. Two weeks? A week? A month? Hard to say.

3. After you got locked out of the client, no.

Welcome to the dark side, brother. Those of us who like Steam a lot otherwise but have first hand experience with their draconian lockout policies and horrible customer service. One of the worst policies in all of video gaming is Steam's policy to lock you out of every game you "own" even if the problem concerns one 5 dollar game. Yet everyone wants to hand the keys to the entire kingdom to Steam.

gabbo

Never had frame rate issues. Tearing, as mentioned out the wazoo.
Play with your settings, see if anything makes a difference

Nabs

Try pressing Start when in game

Relax.MX

I just finished A.R.E.S. is a ok game but...man 91 minutes(acording to Steam) on Hard mode, mmm but well the game is good but... have uncomfortable platforms gameplay, too easy(a lot of cheap strategys on the game), poor planning of scenarios mmm but well i guess...is a perfect game to fight against the backlog

Derrick01

Banned
Never had frame rate issues. Tearing, as mentioned out the wazoo.
Play with your settings, see if anything makes a difference

Yeah it was the option that had a bunch of stuff in 1. I turned that off and it's gone plus I don't notice any graphical difference either.

I just finished A.R.E.S. is a ok game but...man 91 minutes(acording to Steam) on Hard mode, mmm but well the game is good but... have uncomfortable platforms gameplay, too easy(a lot of cheap strategys on the game), poor planning of scenarios mmm but well i guess...is a perfect game to fight against the backlog

Looks fun and someday I'll get around to it.

Nabs

Holy shit @ Flatout 3 being 11 Gigs. Doesn't look like it needs 11 GB at all.

VR3YL.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom