• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your avatar does not fit how I pictured you. I imaged top hats and monocles.
He looks quite happy. Like this: :D

Played a bit of Darkstar One last night. I have no bloomin' clue as to what to do in there. Got stuck in the first training mission, for crying out loud, the one where I need to haul a cargo container. Can't find the container because there are lots of them flying around, and when I decide to pick a random one I just...can't. This shows up how most modern games have spoiled me in regards to learning my way through game mechanics. I need huge, brilliant button prompts and arrows.

Feels bad, mang.

Someone sell me on this ship simulator. Also anybody have any coupons for it?

Paradox had coupons right?

Edit: I'm on planes all of the damn day. I don't know if I'll even have a chance to trade with someone till way later :/

Sanic

I've only played the demo, but Sonic Generations looks fantastic on PC. I've already played through it on the 360, but i'll probably buy it on Steam just to play through it again at 1080p60.

I'm definitely getting Sonic 4 when it goes on sale.

I just have to :(

It's actually not that bad, but Sonic CD (along with most other 2d sonic games) are better, so, ya know, there's that.

Someone sell me on this ship simulator. Also anybody have any coupons for it?

Paradox had coupons right?

Fairly certain Giant Bomb had a quicklook for it, so if you like GB, you could take a look at that.

I've only played the demo, but Sonic Generations looks fantastic on PC. I've already played through it on the 360, but i'll probably buy it on Steam just to play through it again at 1080p60.

It's actually not that bad, but Sonic CD (along with most other 2d sonic games) are better, so, ya know, there's that.

Fairly certain Giant Bomb had a quicklook for it, so if you like GB, you could take a look at that.

Oh snap! Was that the one where they had the boat with the hose?! Buying this shit up!

1-D_FTW

Oh, wow. Sega and Sonic racing never goes on sale for 75 percent off (other than a really long time ago).

Think I'll pick it up for a cheap, shallow arcade racer that has really good 3D. Not a big fan of kart games or racing games that can't use wheels, but those are some pretty visuals.

Chesskid1

Banned
have a few 50% off sonic generations if anyone needs

hit me up. think i can wait till $5, i h never really liked sonic, heh.

[all gone]

Oh, wow. Sega and Sonic racing never goes on sale for 75 percent off (other than a really long time ago).

Think I'll pick it up for a cheap, shallow arcade racer that has really good 3D. Not a big fan of kart games or racing games that can't use wheels, but those are some pretty visuals.

Does this have native 3D support like Sonic Generations or do you need 3DTV Play/3D Vision?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I was playing Sonic Generations yesterday and it really does look amazing on PC at 1:1 pixel mapped resolutions, 60 fps and anti-aliasing. While I'm not a big fan of how modern Sonic plays, it's hard not to appreciate the sheer spectacle of what happens on the screen.

Volcynika

Wish Chemical Plant Zone didn't suck-ass in Sonic Generations, unless they fixed it. Because that level's performance was terrrrrrrrible.

Nabs

Wish Chemical Plant Zone didn't suck-ass in Sonic Generations, unless they fixed it. Because that level's performance was terrrrrrrrible.

They patched it. It's not perfect or anything, but it's a big improvement. I used to get slideshow-level drops, but now I just get regular ol' frame drops.

TimmiT

If anyone here was thinking of buying Sonic 4 Episode 1 on Steam, don't.
There are no settings besides the resolution and the Steam overlay doesn't even work.

1-D_FTW

What exactly is the Sonic Generations DLC? I mean, I know where it's from. But is it a pinball stage you can play seriously?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I think I'm gonna snag Sonic Generations & CD. I don't think I've bought a Sonic game since the Sega Dreamcast.

1-D_FTW

Yeah. Sega and Sonic racing was definitely worth the 5 bucks.

If my HMZ-T1 at all lives up to the billing, this game is going to be trippy in 3D.

Euphor!a

Banned
If anyone has anymore 50% off Sonic Generations coupons I'd be willing to trade for one. The only coupons I have though that may be worth anything are 50% off Black Ops, 25% of Activision, 50% off Paradox and 33% off Warner.

mannerbot

If anyone has anymore 50% off Sonic Generations coupons I'd be willing to trade for one. The only coupons I have though that may be worth anything are 50% off Black Ops, 25% of Activision, 50% off Paradox and 33% off Warner.

I'm looking for one as well, PM if you have a spare.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I think its because people just played the Quake 3 Demo for years rather then buy the game.

But to be fair to play the beta demo you needed some rocket scientist voodoo (pun intended) shit to install the video drivers. A daring task at the time!

Sanic

I think its because people just played the Quake 3 Demo for years rather then buy the game.

Yeah. Bloodgulch demo servers for Halo:CE are more common/full than servers for the full game, for example.

A situation like that isn't good.

dani_dc

I was waiting for this Sega and Sonic racing sale for quite awhile, and I even had a 33% sega coupon from christmas acheivements!

I love cart racers so I'm confident I'll enjoy this one, such a shame it lacks online multiplayer on PC (would had likely picked it up much earlier if it had it).

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I just wrapped up Anomaly: Warzone Earth, here are some thoughts:
  • I thought it was neat that the core of the gameplay was a reverse of tower defense. Rather than building towers, you are the attacker choosing the lane to attack. In the current onslaught of TD games, it's rather refreshing. Being able to run anywhere as the commander also keeps it from feeling too limited.
  • Everything feels incredibly tight on the mouse and keyboard.
  • The art style is kinda weird, but it works really well.
  • The voice acting is hilariously bad. So bad that it almost reaches the point where it would become charming, but falls short.
  • The devs keep a good pace of throwing new enemies and units at you, giving you time to get comfortable with each one before moving on. The game ends before anything has the opportunity to feel stale.
I picked it up for 2.50$ on the Christmas sale and while I was definitely pleased with it at that price (and a bit surprised), I don't know if I would recommend it at any price higher. I guess if you really dig the TD/reverse TD genre, you should give the game a try.

Oh and I didn't take any screens this time because I was too busy planning my routes and stuff.

So I finally snagged DXHR and it's saying content servers are not set up to deliver this content, please try again in a few minutes... yay.

Also, anything I need to do out of the box as far as anti-piss filtering or mouse lag/ fov correction?

Thanks guys.

Narag

So I finally snagged DXHR and it's saying content servers are not set up to deliver this content, please try again in a few minutes... yay.

Also, anything I need to do out of the box as far as anti-piss filtering or mouse lag/ fov correction?

Thanks guys.

I had to set the fov to 85 or 90 so I wouldn't get sick which is weird as it doesn't usually bother me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom