• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanic

So I finally snagged DXHR and it's saying content servers are not set up to deliver this content, please try again in a few minutes... yay.

I'm having the same issue trying to download Sonic CD/Generations. Going to try a different content server and see if it helps.

Nope, it didn't. Guess i'm waiting.

Caerith

So I guess they're still handing out the awards from the winter sale drawing. I got an email saying I won the Valve Complete Pack. Which is about as useful as you'd expect if your account is as old as Half-Life 2. So, uh, yay?

oipic

Not 100% sure if this is 'new' news, but it has been stated over on SPUF that Baldur's Gate 2 Complete has been added to the registry (app ID 99140 for those playing along at home).

Forkball

I'm trying to install Sonic CD but it says "No Steam servers are configured to deliver content for this game, try again in a few minutes." What? I've never had this before and I restarted Steam but still nothing.

Blizzard

Banned
I'm trying to install Sonic CD but it says "No Steam servers are configured to deliver content for this game, try again in a few minutes." What? I've never had this before and I restarted Steam but still nothing.
It looks like someone at the end of the last page, or possibly earlier on this page for 100-post people, had a similar problem but with a different game.

It looks like someone at the end of the last page, or possibly earlier on this page for 100-post people, had a similar problem but with a different game.

Yep, kind of annoying but I can understand a server going down(or something). Not going to be able to play DXHR tonight though.

Forkball

I tried to install another game (yes I have dozens of games uninstalled, shut up) and I got the same error. People on SPUF are also having some trouble, so maybe someone spilled some Mountain Dew on the servers.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Isn't it obvious? Valve had no warning that they were going to lose their megaupload premium account today. Aka the account that all the games were uploaded to.

Found out today that I won the Valve Complete Pack, so I have Half-Life 2 and Episode 1 to give away; first to quote this pm me your steam id and you get the games.

johnsmith

remember me
I keep getting a "Could not connect to steam network" error tonight. Is anybody else getting the same? Why the hell doesn't it go to offline mode when it can't connect?

Chesskid1

Banned
sorry for confusion, indie royale is just the older serious sam for now. the others are just the latest entries in registry. i left it because some game that's unnamed has early access and beta access and that seemed cool to me.

Card Boy

Banned
Another bundle i'm skipping. Already got every Serious Sam, and those other games don't intrest me.

Put some RPGs or Simulators in them next time.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Maybe this is Serious Sam: The Random Encounter and Serious Sam Double D bundled together?

From where I'm standing, it looks like it is oddly the Normal Version (Not the HD remake) of Episode 2 of the first Serious Sam game.

What are you guys using to have the Searchable Database?

C_H_T

greenmangaming is offering -25% off on all preorders!

use the code on checkout:
CUSTO-MERLO-YALTY

http://blog.greenmangaming.com/2012/01/a-voucher-for-january-25-off-all-preorders/

This weekend only, D2D is offering -20% off on all games.

use couponcode:
ENDURANCE20

rpg_rr_225x550_Revised_Paul.jpg

Jomjom

Banned
I've been trying to track prices of some Steam games on the steamgamesales site, but none of the Steam games I've searched for come up. Anyone else having this problem? Is there another site for tracking game prices over a period of time now?

ArjanN

Jamestown is a poor shmup title for what Donpan does well. Its comparing Quake to COD. Haven't tried Gundemonium yet.

You mean because it's too easy/not enough bullets? Because on the highest difficulty setting it's totally a bullet hell shooter.

Help please, I haven't been able to connect to Steam for hours. it's said updating 0%, Steam is temporarily not available, please try again later. I tried google it, and it seems it's just general Steam problem message or something since people post many different fixes and no idea which one works and which one isn't.

and now I can't play any of my steam games. help please

one of the fix I found online is basically to re-install Steam, but to do that I have to uninstall it first and it said it'll uninstall all my games too and I don't want that. it also mention to copy the steamapp folder somehwere else, but I have like 150 GB of steam games and my other drives is a bit low on space...

edit: nevermind. fixed it, the last thing I did to steam is just changing the beta setting in Steam setting out of curiosity, so I disable my internet connection, turn it on in offline mode, change the setting and enable my internet connection again. fixed. phew

Sanic

Wow, content servers are still down? :(

edit: Well, actually, they're too busy to handle my request, as opposed to their being no servers to handle my request at all, as was the case 12 hours ago. So, progress maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom