• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
:lol Not as subtle as my Origin ID of SteamedUp, but I like it. It's catchy.

My uPlay motto on PC is "fuck ubisoft's shitty drm". I tried to do that on 360 as well but they censored me, so I got stuck with "yo sux my but" which was as bad as I could get without triggering any rule violations.

EDIT: Speaking of cavalier attitudes towards their Uplay accounts: I think my Uplay account I created for SC: Conviction is gone forever. If they lock your serials to UPlay accounts, not sure I'll ever be able to recover it. Meant to log in and write the info down before my system reinstall, but I forgot to do that.

yeah my 360 uPlay account isn't attached to my PC uPlay account and I can't recover my 360 uPlay account because it thinks the address is (mylastname)@uuu.com, which is obviously not what I entered hahaha.

Tess3ract

Banned
yes From Dust is frame capped at 30. (i did see mention of a frame unlocker on google ...no idea if it works)

yes the xbox360 controller works very well with the game.

enable vsync outside of the game via D3Doverrider or your video card control panel.

enable anti aliasing via the Nvidia control panel (not sure if AMD can do this ...i haven't owned an ATI card since the mid 90s).

There is an fps unlocker for from dust, but fps=animations so shit like water and whatnot are sped up

Remfin

I think you all are forgetting the little phrase that was doing a hell of a lot of heavy lifting in all of EA's statements...something like "restricting the way we communicate with our customers." Wasn't some EA game a little while ago showing banners ads on the main menu screen to buy some other, unrelated EA new-release on Origin? That little bit of d-baggery would seem to be the missing piece of the puzzle in my eyes, since the DLC argument has multiple counter-examples.

Oil Rush is now available on Steam and 10% off the first week!

Oil Rush is a real-time naval strategy game based on group control, that combines strategic challenge of classic RTS with sheer fun of Tower Defense, and features state-of-an-art visuals.

In the post-apocalyptic flooded world of Oil Rush two things running short: oil and time. The last survivors, desperately seeking to seize control over the remaining of oil on the dying planet and crush their enemy, have started the global naval war that turned the whole world into a massive battlefield. Are you equal to the task of winning the last war to end all wars? Find as you play through the 16 missions of single-player campaign which is offering variety of tactics and environments, from half-flooded jungles to cold northern seas. In these harsh and cruel times, oil is thicker than blood.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/7214/

Long time lurker, first time poster. To celebrate being approved, let's kick this off with a bang!

Free copy of Oil Rush goes to the best MS Paint drawing of Aquaman leading an aquatic charge against a BP ship. Dolphins, whales, sharks, you name it.

I'll check at this time tomorrow night to name a winner and gift you the game on Steam.

Is there a way to set the windows compatability mode for games via steam?

Bunch of older games required to set to compatability mode Win 98 for stable performance on Vista/Win7, but I cann't create a shortcut to the executable because of steam drm.

If somebody really likes achievements, get Puzzle Agent 2. You get one for doing anything, and that's like one every 3-5 minutes.

Crazy stuff. I'm enjoying the game btw, we need more Layton clones for PC.

If somebody really likes achievements, get Puzzle Agent 2. You get one for doing anything, and that's like one every 3-5 minutes.

Crazy stuff. I'm enjoying the game btw, we need more Layton clones for PC.

I'm playing this tonight too. The story from the first one is slowly coming back to me as I go. I've always loved the art style.

And I don't care about steam achievements at all, but yes there are tons of them.

I'm playing this tonight too. The story from the first one is slowly coming back to me as I go. I've always loved the art style.

And I don't care about steam achievements at all, but yes there are tons of them.

Just for the record, I'm not into achievements either. But It's kinda funny to see how fast they pop up.

I also love the art style, and Nelson's expressions always get me.

Tobor

Stupid question, if I buy a game on Steam and it has a Mac version, do I get access to both the Mac and Windows version?

I'm looking to get Civ 5.

Blizzard

Banned
Stupid question, if I buy a game on Steam and it has a Mac version, do I get access to both the Mac and Windows version?

I'm looking to get Civ 5.
I think in general this is the case with Steamplay titles. With Civ V the Mac version actually shows up as a separate entry in the game list.

VALIS

Oil Rush is a real-time naval strategy game based on group control, that combines strategic challenge of classic RTS with sheer fun of Tower Defense...

Yes. Yes I will.

e: Also, looks like 1701 A.D. Gold Edition is gone from the store. Fuuuuu. But it never seemed to drop in price, so whatever.

Just started Cave story+ (I think I'm enjoying it). Was about 45 min in and it froze my computer. Restarted and Windows was acting funny. It took around 10 minutes to boot, and other weird things. When it did boot, I noticed that my E drive was missing (my Steam drive). I feared the worst. I thought I'd have to buy a new HDD and that 700GB of games would need to be redownloaded @ 360KBps which is all my slow internet can muster. After plenty of trouble-shooting, it appears to have been a loose power cable. Now I am up and running and breathing much easier. PHEW

wilflare

weird that the Steam Thread isn't as active.

GAF, especially SteamGAF and AusGAF, has been an awesome community :)
It's my birthday today (turning 23 on 26jan!) so I just wanna give back in whatever way I can. I really like those picture contests (there were really some gems!)

wilflare's birthday Giveaway!

Prizes:
2x Terraria
1x Counterstrike: Source
1x The Orange Box
1x Cthulhu Saves the World and Breath of Death VII Double Pack
1x Mystery Prize = 1x SKYRIM

How to Participate:
(1) Draw a picture about "wilflare" and/or about Singapore :p
(2) Include in your post which prize you would like.
(3) The picture that makes me laugh/smile wins ^^

Rules:
(1) Only ONE prize per user (you can submit multiple entries but you can only "bid" for one prize
(2) Mystery prize is open to all who submit an entry (yes, there can be an event where a single person win both the game he/she would like + the mystery prize)

EDIT:

I was wondering what to get for the Mystery Prize.
since GMG has a great offer (and thanks to GAF, I have gotten a portion of Credit), I thought i'll just use all my remaining credit for SKYRIM :D

Contest ends 12.5hours from this post :D

have fun guys! thanks for being such an awesome community :D

EDIT:
Sorry guys, GMG did not allow me to checkout, couldn't grab the SKYRIM Deal
Rest assured the Mystery Prize will still be something awesome on Steam!

mannerbot

weird that the Steam Thread isn't as active.

GAF, especially SteamGAF and AusGAF, has been an awesome community :)
It's my birthday today (turning 23 on 26jan!) so I just wanna give back in whatever way I can. I really like those picture contests (there were really some gems!)

Prizes:
2x Terraria
1x Counterstrike: Source
1x The Orange Box
1x Cthulhu Saves the World and Breath of Death VII Double Pack
1x Mystery Prize

How to Participate:
(1) Draw a picture about "wilflare" and/or about Singapore :p
(2) Include in your post which prize you would like.
(3) The picture that makes me laugh/smile wins ^^

Rules:
(1) Only ONE prize per user (you can submit multiple entries but you can only "bid" for one prize
(2) Mystery prize is open to all who submit an entry (yes, there can be an event where a single person win both the game he/she would like + the mystery prize)

Contest ends 5hours from this post :D

have fun guys! thanks for being such an awesome community :D

HBD~

MNC

Not sure if i should feel conflicted about skyrim being 50 off, after just starting to play it when i got it for 2 hats. Well... i paid no money for it so thats better :p

Chesskid1

Banned
skyrim is buggy at GMG

i bought it and it didn't come with a key.

http://i.imgur.com/tBMn7.png (keys usually go there)

downloading capsule does nothing. the email when i purchased the game said "activation:" and no key next to it.

i'm sure they'll make it right, but just giving a headsup.

happy birthday :). i'm a new member but i've seen how helpful you've been with the community all the while i have been lurking and posting on gaf. i have everything on your giveaway list so just consider this an entry for the mystery prize :p

KTSb9.png

Not sure if i should feel conflicted about skyrim being 50 off, after just starting to play it when i got it for 2 hats. Well... i paid no money for it so thats better :p

which 2 hats did you trade for it?

Spwn

Got my key immediately and downloading now. And I'm prrrretty sure I'm not even going to play it.

Apparently the heavy load on the page is causing the problem.

James from GMG said:
For those who have yet to receive a key for Skyrim: There is obviously a heavier load on our servers at the moment and so there may be a time delay when you order and when you receive your key. If you still don't receive one after 30 minutes please submit a support ticket to our CS team :) /James

jediyoshi

Fffff. My active backlog is over a dozen games deep, just preordered Amalur and close to biting on Skyrim. I'm starting to miss Q1 being barren of games.

Spwn

Yes because 5 months and 30 years are comparable.

also I'm joking

I'm not

Yes I am.

Glad I have a weekend off. I've never played an Elder Scrolls game despite having Morrowind and Oblivion in my Steam Library. Got them as part of the Quakecon pack, I guess.

Chesskid1

Banned
gonna go mod-free till i complete a playthrough, i think. don't wanna break the game in the process, and wanna play it how bethesda designed it "originally", i guess.

great price, my most expensive steam game yet, by double! thanks GMG.

svegis

Long time lurker, first time poster. To celebrate being approved, let's kick this off with a bang!

Free copy of Oil Rush goes to the best MS Paint drawing of Aquaman leading an aquatic charge against a BP ship. Dolphins, whales, sharks, you name it.

I'll check at this time tomorrow night to name a winner and gift you the game on Steam.

I'm by far someone who should touch a brush, but I'm still going to quote this one, it seems like it's been glanced over. Plus, I want to see Aquaman messing ships up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom