• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

BioHazard

I won't forget you Tragicomedy!

r8NXF.png

confused

Banned
So, does anybody want a free copy of Titan Quest Gold ? I accidentally keep buying stuff twice lately due to Steam errors/network issues.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I just realized that Skyrim, Saints Row III, etc. sell cheaper locally here than online. I managed to get Portal 2 for only 20 dollars in the day of its release even. XD

wilflare

weird that the Steam Thread isn't as active.

GAF, especially SteamGAF and AusGAF, has been an awesome community :)
It's my birthday today (turning 23 on 26jan!) so I just wanna give back in whatever way I can. I really like those picture contests (there were really some gems!)

wilflare's birthday Giveaway!

Prizes:
2x Terraria
1x Counterstrike: Source
1x The Orange Box
1x Cthulhu Saves the World and Breath of Death VII Double Pack
1x Mystery Prize 1 x SKYRIM STILL A MYSTERY

How to Participate:
(1) Draw a picture about "wilflare" and/or about Singapore :p
(2) Include in your post which prize you would like.
(3) The picture that makes me laugh/smile wins ^^

Rules:
(1) Only ONE prize per user (you can submit multiple entries but you can only "bid" for one prize
(2) Mystery prize is open to all who submit an entry (yes, there can be an event where a single person win both the game he/she would like + the mystery prize)

Contest ends 5hours from this post :D

have fun guys! thanks for being such an awesome community :D

thanks for the well-wishes thus far.
hope you guys don't mind me extending the contest for more to participate

and I was wondering what to get for the Mystery Prize.
since GMG has a great offer (and thanks to GAF, I have gotten a portion of Credit), I thought i'll just use all my remaining credit for SKYRIM :D

so the Mystery Prize is now 1 x SKYRIM :D

CONTEST ENDS 9 HOURS from this post.

EDIT:
sorry to disappoint guys... GMG didn't allow me to check out so I couldn't get the Skyrim deal :/
this is really sucky grrr..
fear not, i assure you the Mystery Prize still will be something great on Steam

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I'll post Oil Rush's quasi-OT today. I have the game, preordered it a long time ago. It's pretty good. The screens are in high-res thread.

Oil rush looks really good. I wonder how it plays. Oh well, it'll be a dollar or in a bundle soon enough.

I doubt that. The game is made by the professional studio who makes and licenses Unigine engine. Oil Rush is a side project.

8/10 on Destructoid btw.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Long time lurker, first time poster. To celebrate being approved, let's kick this off with a bang!

Free copy of Oil Rush goes to the best MS Paint drawing of Aquaman leading an aquatic charge against a BP ship. Dolphins, whales, sharks, you name it.

I'll check at this time tomorrow night to name a winner and gift you the game on Steam.
Well, I can't not enter.

AquaManOilRush.png

MNC

Long time lurker, first time poster. To celebrate being approved, let's kick this off with a bang!

Free copy of Oil Rush goes to the best MS Paint drawing of Aquaman leading an aquatic charge against a BP ship. Dolphins, whales, sharks, you name it.

I'll check at this time tomorrow night to name a winner and gift you the game on Steam.

Man this took longer than it should have. Also the lightning is for epic effect, not Aquaman making lightning. Unless you want him to. Then it's him.

omXOs.png

ShaneB

Happy Birthday wilflare, you're a boss with gifting and helping everyone out, I'm sure you know how appreciated that all is!

I'm by far someone who should touch a brush, but I'm still going to quote this one, it seems like it's been glanced over. Plus, I want to see Aquaman messing ships up!

Damn you. I thought I was the only one to notice and I drew something last night and was going to post it right before the deadline.

Now I have competition lol.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'm actually in the midst of a co-op FEAR 3 run with one of my friends and it's kind of blowing us away. The shooting still feels immaculate, the guns amazing, and the co-op works really well. On top of that the lighting looks damn gorgeous and the environment art is consistently terrific.

The only bummer is that it doesn't seem like it's going to take very long.

I kinda looked down on Day 1 studios prior to starting it especially since I'm a bit of a Monolith fanboy, but damn they are delivering.

8xmKs.png

I have a FEAR 3 coupon 50%
I am looking for a From Dust/Ubisoft coupon (yeah, yeah, I know; I still want to play it)
buy my extra copy of Nation Red
but whatever. I won't be home and at my computer until later today whoever wants it.

Volcynika

I'm actually in the midst of a co-op FEAR 3 run with one of my friends and it's kind of blowing us away. The shooting still feels immaculate, the guns amazing, and the co-op works really well. On top of that the lighting looks damn gorgeous and the environment art is consistently terrific.

I kinda looked down on Day 1 studios prior to starting it especially since I'm a bit of a Monolith fanboy, but damn they are delivering.

Marathon'd the entire game with a friend this past weekend. We only died in a couple places, but it was really fun. Took about 5 and a half hours total, probably closer to 5 if you don't die much.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Anybody has a FREE coupon for either From Dust of Ubisoft?

I have nothing to give for it (other than other coupons). PM me if you're feeling generous today.

Is Smash Cars any good? I look at the shots and video and want to say "Honey, I Shrunk the Excite Truck", but upon further investigation it's an improved version of a 2003 PS2 game.

EDIT: FWIW, here's what the GameRankings average thinks.

Excite Truck 75%
Smash Cars PS2 66%
Smash Cars PS3 62%

Speevy

Banned
Is Smash Cars any good? I look at the shots and video and want to say "Honey, I Shrunk the Excite Truck", but upon further investigation it's an improved version of a 2003 PS2 game.

If you hold 2003 PS2 racing/car games to a high standard, then it's adequate.

I can't say anything more positive about it than that.

EDIT: FWIW, here's what the GameRankings average thinks.

Excite Truck 75%
Smash Cars PS2 66%
Smash Cars PS3 62%

Excite Truck should be 105%

Hmm. I've only played the demos for the first two Fear games. Really enjoyed them, always intended to buy and play them but never got around to doing so for whatever reason. If 3 kind of lives up to the older games, that package looks a bit more tempting.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Hmm. I've only played the demos for the first two Fear games. Really enjoyed them, always intended to buy and play them but never got around to doing so for whatever reason. If 3 kind of lives up to the older games, that package looks a bit more tempting.
I didn't care for the graphics but the gunplay lives up to the FEAR name. Just make sure to play it on the highest difficulty setting.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Marathon'd the entire game with a friend this past weekend. We only died in a couple places, but it was really fun. Took about 5 and a half hours total, probably closer to 5 if you don't die much.

I still can't get over how good the game compares to my rose-tinted glasses that I look at the rest of the series through when thinking about delightful shooting feelings.

svegis

Damn you. I thought I was the only one to notice and I drew something last night and was going to post it right before the deadline.

Now I have competition lol.

Haha, sorry. Let me know next time and I'll bide my tongue, mr!

You have some good competition on your hands though, hehe.

Sysgen

Finished F3AR the other day. It's great. Huge improvement over FEAR 1/2. Fantastic combat. When you're done you can play as Fettle, absorbing enemies is awesome.

Smash Cars has some very good reviews with everyone saying content is limited but for $5 I think I'll take the plunge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom