• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Heads up, at least for EU people, the Serious Sam 3 CE costs just as much as the normal version on getgamesgo even if the page says otherwise.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Pineapple Smash Crew is coming to Steam on February 2: http://www.richmakegame.com/?page_id=399
PSC features tight squad formation shooting, aliens, robots, zombies and grenades- lots and lots of grenades! Level up and choose from an assortment of devastating hand-lobbed weaponry, including (but not limited to!): rockets, machine-gun grenades, laser beam grenades, suction grenades, mines, teleporters, holo-bait and bullet shields! also including rare powerups such as Fear, Bullet Time, Invincibility and Four-Times Damage!
Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

A nice change was done for the Steam beta client yesterday:

1/26/2012

- Added preview of popular workshop items for games supporting workshop.
- Fixed crash when quickly closing a window with the web control in it.
- Games using new content system are available offline even if update download already started.

neoemonk

Been thinking about picking up Sins of a Solar Empire. I'm in the mood for a good strategy game. Does it ever go on sale?

I could just play more Civ V I suppose.

Volcynika

Been thinking about picking up Sins of a Solar Empire. I'm in the mood for a good strategy game. Does it ever go on sale?

I could just play more Civ V I suppose.

It was only added to Steam last November, and has not gone on sale (aside from the 25% off sale it had when it was added). So it's only been a couple months.

svegis

Regarding SPAZ:

Q: "This game looked awesome! Any chance of releaseing a Mac port?"
A: "Yup, it is being developed externally right now and is almost complete. We don't have an exact ETA, but I would assume it will drop within a month. It will also be SteamPlay enabled :)
The Linux version is also being ported right now."

Answer is done by one of the developers.

So for those on Steam who uses a Mac, it's timely news, since it's the weekend deal. Now there's no guarantee that it'll be less than a month, but at least that's the hope of the devs.
Maybe it'll help someone who was wary of buying it.

Wthermans

Banned
Do you have to be invited by someone for the mobile app, or is it just Steam's selection?

I downloaded the app and tried to login as soon as it went live. It originally said "Your account does not have access, but your interest has been noted". A few hours later I got a DOTA2 Invite. Woke up this morning and downloaded DOTA2, about halfway through the download, I got a Steam popup saying that I was invited to the Steam Mobile Beta.

Kerub

Banned
I've still got some stupid coupons left from the sale if anybody wants them, 25 % off bethesda is the least stupid one I guess.

neoemonk

It was only added to Steam last November, and has not gone on sale (aside from the 25% off sale it had when it was added). So it's only been a couple months.

Thanks. I didn't realize it was only recently added. I know the game itself has been out for a while.

Definitely looking forward to PJE, played the demo on PS3 and loved it. Unfortunately, my backlog will prevent me from picking this up until a decent sale.

wilflare

I downloaded the app and tried to login as soon as it went live. It originally said "Your account does not have access, but your interest has been noted". A few hours later I got a DOTA2 Invite. Woke up this morning and downloaded DOTA2, about halfway through the download, I got a Steam popup saying that I was invited to the Steam Mobile Beta.

you are one lucky man. i got neither :/

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So episode 2 was released in 2007.

Come May 25th, it'll have been 6 years since Episode Three was informally announced.

Heads up, at least for EU people, the Serious Sam 3 CE costs just as much as the normal version on getgamesgo even if the page says otherwise.

The same is true here in Australia. Came to AUD$13.12 (bought it for a mate so I can finally play co-op).

demolitio

It's not that long, Team Fortress 2 was announced in 1998 and came out in 2007. Valve's still got a few years before they break that record.

Don't give them something to strive to beat now...lol

I just can't wait to see the engine upgrades. CS:GO's engine looks greatly improved (besides some of the dev team's assets) and Portal 2 amazed me at times in its art direction so I can't wait to see Episode 3. Even if the engine isn't the best looking, their art design makes up for it.

Now I'm re-downloading Episode 2 out of hype. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom