• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

Enjoy the GAF GOTY 2011

This kinda feels weird to say, knowing that skyrim came second due to the ps3 save issue

Put nearly an hour into the first F.E.A.R. last night, it's starting to show its age a bit but it's still a lot of fun to play. The Half-Life styled presentation, the gunplay, the sound design, and the slow-motion combat effects are all great. Even if the enemies aren't the brightest they have some neat behaviours, they do things like peek around corners or dive through windows to get better cover.

Aside from some weird micro-pauses, which I assume are the game loading/streaming in a new area, I haven't experienced any sort of performance issues or had any trouble getting the game to run.

So far it's been a nice diversion from The Old Republic.

Try playing it on maximum difficulty without the slow mo, it's a real blast.

What does GAF think of Dustforce? I just watched the trailer and it looked pretty awesome

amazing game, must buy if it's kinda like a mix of mirrors edge &super meat boy style of gameplay.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Yeah, FEAR on extreme mode is amazing, I've been replaying it recently. The story isn't very interesting, it's a little too reliant on jump scares, and the environments are drab, but I'll be damned if it's not the most exciting FPS I've played. The gunplay is still unmatched. Love it, I'd probably put it in my top ten.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Skyrim came in second because by some miracle enough people played Portal 2's co-op to realize it was the best thing to happen last year.

Yeah, FEAR on extreme mode is amazing, I've been replaying it recently. The story isn't very interesting, it's a little too reliant on jump scares, and the environments are drab, but I'll be damned if it's not the most exciting FPS I've played. The gunplay is still unmatched. Love it, I'd probably put it in my top ten.

Best shotgun ever? Best shotgun ever.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
FEAR's combat shotgun is in a league of its own, Crysis can sit down. And I love Crysis!

Still in my top five shootaz of all time. Gunplay is unparalleled.

Nabs

OH HOLY FUCK IS THIS PRECURSORS OR PIRATE HUNTER>

I'm hoping for Pirate Hunters.

:| If I would have asked for your guess you'd probably be right with Pirate Hunter (that game is incredible) but right now you're not helping. Bus is going to have Prec/WG and Sonic running around in his head now.

Nabs

So a friend picked up an extra Serious Sam 3, should I buy it off him ($14) or just hold off? What would you guys compare it to, and how is performance? (i7 860 / 5850)

kennah

So I wanna play Half Life 1.

should I get the source version or vanilla?

I guess source will work on modern systems better?

Vanilla. Source version messes with some of the physics and stuff. Original version engine scales well too, so you're not really missing out.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
It's pretty fucking awesome. The soundtrack is pretty nice as well.

Yo Bus, if you're reading this: a certain game got added to the reg recently. Can you guess which :)

I'm going to guess the one that will break both our hearts if wrong: Tiny and Big.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

rvBvR.gif

&

BLygM.gif

AT THE SAME TIME.

Soi-Fong

So a friend picked up an extra Serious Sam 3, should I buy it off him ($14) or just hold off? What would you guys compare it to, and how is performance? (i7 860 / 5850)

Should run fine. I'm surprised that this game though avtually requires such a beastly computer to have SSAA and all that stuff on max.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'm going to guess the one that will break both our hearts if wrong: Tiny and Big.

Oh good, I missed the T&B party that one night and forgot to try it out later, letting the download sit for a couple months.

Thank god I saved my virgin experience for the version that would have achievements.

Are both episodes coming? The new one looks really sweet.

zchen

Well, my neogaf account just got approved. So, If any one wants Half Life 2 Episode 1, let me know your email via pm. I have one copy to gift.

Edit*
Gift sent

Waves is awesome.

I need to play the other modes but it might be the closest twinstick to climb the unreachable peak Geometry Wars 2 set.

Also, a friend of mine did the music. I was playing it going firstly from "Oh hey, I know these sounds, this is definitely a Game Boy (mixed with other production)," to "Gosh, these songs are awfully familiar," to "GRAGH I KNOW THIS GUY."

So I finally started Deus Ex HR, and I have a question.

After turning of Direct X 11 I got a stable 60fps for the most part. But when I am in the city my framerate drops to the single digits frequently. Is this because I have post-processing turned on, or is there another fix?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Waves is awesome.

I need to play the other modes but it might be the closest twinstick to climb the unreachable peak Geometry Wars 2 set.

I realize now this was probably posted in the wrong thread, but for a moment there I thought GeoWars 2 could be coming to Steam. Damn you for that.

I think it's more difficult than Super Meat Boy if you're going for SS runs (which you should be).

Really? I've been getting double S's with relative ease, where as in Super Meat Boy I spent the majority of the game struggling to continue because it was kicking my ass so hard.

Really? I've been getting double S's with relative ease, where as in Super Meat Boy I spent the majority of the game struggling to continue because it was kicking my ass so hard.

The levels get harder as you continue on though.

The golden key levels in the forest area are cakewalks compared to the golden key levels in the laboratory area. And if you find those easy then you must be a platforming god.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom