• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

The latest Steam Beta will ask if you want to change your email address. Good for people who lost access to it a while back.

Eusis

MWjP7.jpg
"A new Half-Life every 3 months? Yes! WRONG!"

I actually don't care about how long it takes for Episode 3/HL3, I still need to beat Episodes 1 and 2, I just find it hilarious looking back and seeing statements like that which end up so stupefyingly wrong. Reminds me of when I first found out about the 3DO through EGM calling it the best system ever.

Askani

So I just launched From Dust for the first time. A Uplay account?

Game companies! I already have a Steam account! You already have my money from buying it on Steam! Quit making me sign up for 14 different account! Thanks.

No! I don't want to be updated with exclusive offers from you.
No! I don't want to be updated with exclusive offers from your partners.

FFS.

spicy cho

So I just launched From Dust for the first time. A Uplay account?

Game companies! I already have a Steam account! You already have my money from buying it on Steam! Quit making me sign up for 14 different account! Thanks.

No! I don't want to be updated with exclusive offers from you.
No! I don't want to be updated with exclusive offers from your partners.

FFS.
Ubisoft is probably the worst publisher for this.

Soi-Fong

This is techinically unrelated to Steam, but I got SS3BFE; just wondering how long it'll take for Paypal to transfer money from my bank account since I didn't have money in my Payoal directly?

This is techinically unrelated to Steam, but I got SS3BFE; just wondering how long it'll take for Paypal to transfer money from my bank account since I didn't have money in my Payoal directly?

For my bank it takes about three days, but I'm going to guess it varies by region and bank.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
On the subject of Paypal, they're terribly slow at applying credit. I had Rage pre-ordered for all of about half an hour before a kind GAFer gifted it to me (said GAFer knows who he is, and all I'll say is that he needn't concern himself with purchasing Half-Life 3 ;)). Anyway, the ~$30 didn't reappear to my name until 3 weeks later.

Baha

The Wonderful End of the World is the steam daily @ 75% off ($2.49). It's an indie katamari clone and pretty short. I enjoyed for what it was and there are coupons around for it too.

JaseC

I love The Wonderful End of the World for what it is. And the two "Still Alive" remixes are fantastic.

Edit: Wait, did Dejobaan leave those levels in the game?

Soi-Fong

For my bank it takes about three days, but I'm going to guess it varies by region and bank.

Just one more question. Does Paypal charge the user a fee like since I live in the US and I "technically" paid to an overseas online retailer?

I mean what I see in my PayPal acct where it shows transaction is what was the advertised price of the game on GetGamesGo, but there's no hidden fees or whatnot right?

JaseC

Just one more question. Does Paypal charge the user a fee like since I live in the US and I "technically" paid to an overseas online retailer?

Depends on the nominated labelling of the transaction. Fees incurred on the part of either party, if applicable, are displayed when sending money.

Edit: At least, this is the case with PayPal Australia. The fundamental systems aren't universal - something I discovered when attempting to understand how to send money as gift, only to later learn that gifting is an automated process when sending money to "friends and family".

JaseC

I played through it and got 100% achievements during the summer sale and saw no such thing.

I guess it was removed?

Oh, maybe. :( How unfortunate. I know the MP3s are (were?) still hosted over at the Dejobaan site, and I suppose I must've assumed that the the levels remained within the game.

Meier

So I went through Steam's goofball password reset process and it finally happened after about a day and a half.. but the password they sent me doesn't actually work. Doesn't look like I'll be playing DOTA2 or Football Manager this weekend..

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
I love The Wonderful End of the World for what it is. And the two "Still Alive" remixes are fantastic.

Edit: Wait, did Dejobaan leave those levels in the game?

Didn't like the game at first, but I just recently gave it a second chance (this time with a gamepad) and found some enjoyment. I just wish there was a bit more to it, like more unique goals or more interesting levels. But it still functions well as a score-attack/time-attack game.

I enjoyed The Wonderful End of the World. I got it in the potato pack, but I would gladly pay $2.50 for it. If you like Katamari, then you will like this. It is a pretty blatant rip-off. But in this case, that is a very good thing.

Juice

I was in the mood to play Assassin's Creed 2 on my new PC.

Good idea? Bad idea? It's $20 on Steam. Can I get it cheaper elsewhere? Is it possible to trade/gift it if someone has it and doesn't want it?

Sorry for being a steam noob.

kennah

I was in the mood to play Assassin's Creed 2 on my new PC.

Good idea? Bad idea? It's $20 on Steam. Can I get it cheaper elsewhere? Is it possible to trade/gift it if someone has it and doesn't want it?

Sorry for being a steam noob.

Bad idea. Ubi's stuff goes on sale pretty frequently. If you can wait a while you'll snag it for 7$.

Put nearly an hour into the first F.E.A.R. last night, it's starting to show its age a bit but it's still a lot of fun to play. The Half-Life styled presentation, the gunplay, the sound design, and the slow-motion combat effects are all great. Even if the enemies aren't the brightest they have some neat behaviours, they do things like peek around corners or dive through windows to get better cover.

Aside from some weird micro-pauses, which I assume are the game loading/streaming in a new area, I haven't experienced any sort of performance issues or had any trouble getting the game to run.

So far it's been a nice diversion from The Old Republic.

Nabs

What does GAF think of Dustforce? I just watched the trailer and it looked pretty awesome

It's pretty fucking awesome. The soundtrack is pretty nice as well.

Yo Bus, if you're reading this: a certain game got added to the reg recently. Can you guess which :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom