• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneB

I really think Rayman will do great on Steam, so I'm glad to hear that. I guess I was part of the problem, but I'll definitely pick it up on Steam now.

kswiston

Happy to see that Rayman Origins will be releasing on Steam. Will buy eventually (but probably not for full price).

Any advance word on whether Fortune Summoners is actually good? I'd hate to see Carpe Fulgur squander their good will.

catabarez

Someone explain to me how this works. How do I get them on my android?

Also Flotilla is the daily deal at 2.50. I liked what little I experimented with it. But once again, I'd rather buy a thousand copies of Flotilla then ever touch DNF again.

There are instructions once you are on your key page.

Leonsito

I think that in a few months Steam will do Android too, like with Mac, games with Steamplay that have an Android version will be able to download through the Steam mobile app, mark my words.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
People should note that the DNF mid-week deal also includes the recent single-player DLC... so if you played DNF and thought it was eh, okay and want to check out the DLC, $2.50 is a lot more reasonable than $10!

confused

Banned
Someone explain to me how this works. How do I get them on my android?

Also Flotilla is the daily deal at 2.50. I liked what little I experimented with it. But once again, I'd rather buy a thousand copies of Flotilla then ever touch DNF again.

If you visit the link in your email on your Android device you will be linked to their website for Direct Download.

People should note that the DNF mid-week deal also includes the recent single-player DLC... so if you played DNF and thought it was eh, okay and want to check out the DLC, $2.50 is a lot more reasonable than $10!

Thanks for the heads up. Was wanting that cheap.

Serious Sam 2 just went up :

Serious Sam 2 $9.99

catabarez

Yeah, no.

KuGsj.gif

Speevy

Banned
Someone in another thread recommended a game (can't remember what it was) from GetGamesGo so I bought a cheapie off their website.

I cannot even begin to express how horrible the experience was, from the 7 hours I spent downloading (Steam is lightning fast for me) to the endless installation process.

It was just terrible.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Someone in another thread recommended a game (can't remember what it was) from GetGamesGo so I bought a cheapie off their website.

I cannot even begin to express how horrible the experience was, from the 7 hours I spent downloading (Steam is lightning fast for me) to the endless installation process.

It was just terrible.
Same here. Somewhere on this forum I posted about my shitty experience getting Commandos Collection. GMG also kind of sucks with the way Capsule works, though not quite as bad as Impulse. I'll get a game with a Steam key from wherever but I'll only download games from Steam, GOG or GamersGate. Still haven't downloaded anything from Amazon, so I can't say about them, but I understand them as being the same as GG?

It was just terrible.

GetGamesGo has rendered my card unusable for hours before due to suspected fraud. By the time I got it back the deal I wanted had expired.

I've had nothing but great experiences with Green Man Gaming, GOG, and the impulse of like 3 years ago (I have no clue how it is now). But GGG has never ever put a good impression on me. Even that bundle they did was horribly managed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom