• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.
New shmups coming to Steam

From http://nyu-media.com/

GENKIPATTON says "We’re entering the countdown to our next release and almost almost ready to go public with a nice update! You guys can probably guess know what it is from some the forum chat over the last couple of weeks & non-too-subtle announcement

Exclusive news and goodies will be prepared for our forum friends in the coming weeks!"

"Good news! This ESRB has agreed to allow an official release of this title as a ‘Japanese import’ and we will be releasing it along with eXceed 2nd – Vampire REX and eXceed 3rd – Jade Penetrate Black Package.

We’re even working on a bundle of all three titles to go on sale as well as the individual titles.

Bigger update to follow soon!"

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2516478

MNC

Quoting post about skyrim steam workshop , but i deleted the quote on mobile - What i dont like is how this could potentially make the main game too easy/hack like. What if like, npcs everywhere drop 100k gold? Or does it not work like that?

Aselith

Quoting post about skyrim steam workshop , but i deleted the quote on mobile - What i dont like is how this could potentially make the main game too easy/hack like. What if like, npcs everywhere drop 100k gold? Or does it not work like that?

Just don't use it?

wutwutwut

Why is that a problem? Skyrim isn't multiplayer.

You only have to install the mods that you actually want. If you don't want an overpowered mod, just don't install it. The steam integration is just going to make it potentially easier to find and install mods.

MNC

Why is that a problem? Skyrim isn't multiplayer.

You can already mod the game to do stuff like that. If you're already resisting the temptation to do so, you won't have any problem once better tools are out.

With these tools and a Skyrim online mod already out there, it will be. One can hope!

You only have to install the mods that you actually want. If you don't want an overpowered mod, just don't install it. The steam integration is just going to make it potentially easier to find and install mods.

Sure, I'm aware about it, but there are probably people that take pride in achievements, while other people can just use mods to 'cheat' their way through 100% achievements. But then again, it doesn't really matter.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Sure, I'm aware about it, but there are probably people that take pride in achievements, while other people can just use mods to 'cheat' their way through 100% achievements. But then again, it doesn't really matter.

Those people can bring up a command prompt and get all the achievements right now.

CQ is pretty fantastic too. The Double Fine pack is a victory for good taste.

I see what you did there.

Everybody get this pack, both games are worth your money. If you only can get one get Psychonauts first.

Edit: What am I saying? Just get both. Thank me later.

I don't get the appeal of Costume Quest at all. I bought it on the back of the hype close to release and it's just such a boring time. The supposed "charm" feels really contrived to me, but maybe it's a Schafer thing. Full Throttle's his only game I really liked. Psychonauts was fun to play but the story, characters and humour were excruciating to me. Each to their own, though.

...So anyway, I have a 50% off Psychonauts coupon if anyone wants it.

Should have been called the double fine double pack.

Also everyone should buy psychonauts. Such an amazing game. It has its flaws, but everyone should experience it.

frozzted

Are those getting the SKyrim update sure it's not the beta update or is it the real update?

It's the real update. I'm not even opted into Skyrim Beta anymore (nor do I have an option to). I'm guessing the beta update 1.4.21 has become the official update, since Steam hasn't updated Skyrim.

KamenSenshi

Has anyone encountered a problem with Steam where if you install a game from disc it only gives you the option to purchase? As in its listed under Library, but the gray option box for Play/Details is Purchase/Details? I've tried a couple uninstall/installs and contacted Valve last week, when they got back to me today with the automated response it just said to verify the cache but that isn't an option I can select. If it helps the game is Counter-Strike 1 Anthologies.

Rapstah

Has anyone encountered a problem with Steam where if you install a game from disc it only gives you the option to purchase? As in its listed under Library, but the gray option box for Play/Details is Purchase/Details? I've tried a couple uninstall/installs and contacted Valve last week, when they got back to me today with the automated response it just said to verify the cache but that isn't an option I can select. If it helps the game is Counter-Strike 1 Anthologies.
Did you tie the CD key to your account?

KamenSenshi

That is likely gonna be the problem as I installed it on a different pc years ago and lost the manual/serial key in a move. Figured now that I'm back with a decent pc build I'd play, but looks like a no go. Thanks for the response.

That is likely gonna be the problem as I installed it on a different pc years ago and lost the manual/serial key in a move. Figured now that I'm back with a decent pc build I'd play, but looks like a no go. Thanks for the response.

Yeah the cd key is what you really need there. You don't even need the cd. Good news is if you want to get it again you could probably get it for really really cheap after valve gave so much stuff away (copies of cs, and just coupons) in december.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom