• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, Prime stuff not working for me. I signed up entered card number got confirmation, but it still keep prompting me to get prime when I click on the free stuff.

We are sorry to tell you that your IGN Prime account is expiring:

IGN Prime Loss of Service Date: February 9, 2012

We hope that you enjoyed your time as an IGN Prime member and hope to see you back again in the future.

If you didn't mean to let your account expire, you can sign-up again here: http://ign.com/prime

This makes me cry... :'(

I don't remember what the junk account details of the ign prime account was that I made the last time they did this. Already used my email :/

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
A coupon for a game that isn't out yet?

Someone posted it like it was already around. I hope my comment didn't cause the title to change hahaha. I never beg for codes here. I thought there wasn't any and I guess I was right.

Blizzard

Banned
If you liked games from the Advance Wars series, would you be interested in a new top-down, small-scale, turn-based strategy game on Steam?[/b]

absolutely! massive assault network is about the only thing on steam that really resembles advance wars. it's a damn shame the subgenre didn't take off after the success of nintendo's series. huge bonus points if you can incorporate some form of play-by-email.

There is one Advance Wars clone on Steam called Future Wars, but that's more of an example of what not to do. I'm in the market but it would have to be intuitive and fast paced. I completely lose interest when I have to spend a lot of time in menus. The units and the interface have to have good conveyance to make that genre work. Even the otherwise stellar Greed Corp faltered on that point.

Skulls of the Shogun is a good example of where that genre is headed.

Would it do anything differently/better then Massive Assault, Fantasy Wars/Elven Legacy, Blood Bowl, Future Wars, Grotesque Tactics 1/2, Guardians of Graxia, etc... Cause that'd be your competition and if you aren't trying to provide something they aren't, you'd be wasting your time.

Thanks for the detailed feedback. The comments were very helpful. :) I think only two of the Steam games mentioned have some similarities to what I want to do, so hopefully I can differentiate myself enough.

Relax.MX

I was reading on google that some people has some problems with ATI drivers, so I think that's the problem bro, I don't know if you could solve your problem by rolling back to a previous drivers, or maybe use a newer ones!

One question, this problem happens to you, when there's a lot of zombies on screen? Maybe your card can't handle such number of zombies, I'm just asking!

The drivers dont work(i use a new ones)...i guess there are not fix to this :(

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I can confirm that the Q.U.B.E. devs successfully patched the glitched achievements. Spent about an hour replaying the last two chapters to grab the ones that hadn't registered and was surprised that I had already forgotten some solutions lol.

100% feels good man.

I can confirm that the Q.U.B.E. devs successfully patched the glitched achievements. Spent about an hour replaying the last two chapters to grab the ones that hadn't registered and was surprised that I had already forgotten some solutions lol.

100% feels good man.

The only one that didn't work for me was chapter 3. I might replay that chapter for fun. Game was great.

goober

So if you signed up for the Prime trial for Hamilton's Adventure key, will you still be able to do the same for the Rochard key?

The_End

So if you signed up for the Prime trial for Hamilton's Adventure key, will you still be able to do the same for the Rochard key?

I was able to. It seems that 7 day trials are infinite. Or at the very least, if there is a limit, I haven't run out of them yet. I'm on my third one now. All with the same account.

R1CHO

Hullo Steam gaffers, not sure if any of you paid attention to my post a few weeks back at my little utility I was working on to edit Steam categories outside of steam. Mainly because I hate the Steam process, its ridiculously slow and a) I lost them from time to time and b) I couldn't be bothered categorising all my 200+ games list.

Anyway, after a few weeks work on and off I think I am finally done and you can download it if you are keen here: http://www.omiblog.com/2012/02/02/omikron-steam-category-utility-beta-1/

Although if you would take the time to read the short post about how to use it and do be careful and such. That would be grand. :)

Oh and some feedback would be nice too!

Go forth and categorise!

Screenshot etc:
main_screen.png

Thanks for your effort.

Dosnt work for me though, for some reason it loads just 34 of my games, like the most recent or something.

The M.O.B

Awesome. Game is right near the top of my wishlist. So glad I didn't go ahead and get the Prime trial for Hamilton's Great Adventure. I had a feeling that the next free game would be something I really wanted.

I was able to use my exact same account and get the trial again with Rochard even after i used it for Hamiltons Great Adventure.....

Mrbob

So the question is...did I just get my ass kicked by Gabe Newell in Super Monday Night Combat or is this just an imposter?!

w7RnV.jpg

My vote is on imposter!

dLMN8R

Hullo Steam gaffers, not sure if any of you paid attention to my post a few weeks back at my little utility I was working on to edit Steam categories outside of steam. Mainly because I hate the Steam process, its ridiculously slow and a) I lost them from time to time and b) I couldn't be bothered categorising all my 200+ games list.

Anyway, after a few weeks work on and off I think I am finally done and you can download it if you are keen here: http://www.omiblog.com/2012/02/02/omikron-steam-category-utility-beta-1/

Although if you would take the time to read the short post about how to use it and do be careful and such. That would be grand. :)

Oh and some feedback would be nice too!

Go forth and categorise!

Screenshot etc:
[/IMG]http://www.omiblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/main_screen.png[/IMG]

While I'm not really ready to try the application, am I understanding the screenshots right that appinfo.vdf is the one and only file that contains all category information? Because if that's the case, it might be easiest to just configure all categories once, and then back up that file.

Omikron

While I'm not really ready to try the application, am I understanding the screenshots right that appinfo.vdf is the one and only file that contains all category information? Because if that's the case, it might be easiest to just configure all categories once, and then back up that file.

Nope. That is game info, and it its diff on ever machine too.

I make backups every time you save to the steam file, so you can always go back. You restore via the file menu of my app. :)

Basically, already thought of that.

SmokyDave

Good morning chaps.

Is any of the Space Marine DLC single player? There are two 'chapter packs' which I'd expect to be single player missions but it's not entirely clear. Loving the game so I want to grab any SP DLC whilst it's on sale.

Omikron

Thanks for your effort.

Dosnt work for me though, for some reason it loads just 34 of my games, like the most recent or something.

To be expected as I only load items from one file and these are things you have 'touched'.

To add something missing, you can slide out a full game list from the left hand edge of the screen. Just search and confirm it is the appid you own.

Working on the next version which hopefully will have your full list.

Chronoja

Good morning chaps.

Is any of the Space Marine DLC single player? There are two 'chapter packs' which I'd expect to be single player missions but it's not entirely clear. Loving the game so I want to grab any SP DLC whilst it's on sale.

Don't think so. A chapter in the W40k universe just refers to which military squad or company they belong to. i.e. They are just multiplayer skins.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Don't think so. A chapter in the W40k universe just refers to which military squad or company they belong to. i.e. They are just multiplayer skins.

That is correct. It's just Multiplayer skins. The Chaos unleashed DLC adds a nice new Horde Mode Map.

confused

Banned
Its pretty funny that people who look down on piracy and despise people that pay $.01 for Humble bundles are so eager to rip off IGN for a free game.

Good show, chaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom