• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hauk

Neo Member
Am I supposed to get a DOTA 2 beta invite after downloading the Steam iOS app? Because I got one after using it.

Hory shitto, time to get the app!

Anyone bought Gotham City Impostors yet? Seems like TF2 judging by the brief vids I've seen...

Sober

I somehow missed out on the past DLC sales, but I'm ready to play them now so I hope there is a sale soon. I can't justify paying full price for them when they've been so cheap.
Depends if they want to put out for 75% off at the start (10$) or set it to 50% (20$) and then do one more FNV + DLC sale at 75%. You probably can't use a coupon at all so that mixes things up but the next time FNV is on sale it'll probably be 5$ base game + 4x2.50$ story DLC + 2$ leftover DLC, so unless they really cut into the ultimate edition starting in the summer who knows what'll happen.

fake edit: 66% off FNV GOTY (fuck ultimate edition) should be 13$ or something which beats the price by plenty and is more likely to be the first sale price for it I'm guessing. It'd beat out buying it all separately.

Garry's Mod is going to get Steam Workshop integration with the next major version.

And it will most likely be integrated into Portal 2 with the next update.

JustinBB7

Garry's Mod is going to get Steam Workshop integration with the next major version.

And it will most likely be integrated into Portal 2 with the next update.

That's awesome if it's true. Do you have a source of any kind? I think I heard about Garry's Mod getting it before somewhere.

I wonder if that means we can just download custom maps easily (not that it's hard now) via the workshop this way. Would be pretty sweet.

InertiaXr

I haven't seen much of any talk about it, and I've been having a lot of fun with it since its release a few days ago on Steam, so here is the Titan Attacks OT. It's pretty much modern Galaga/Space Invaders gameplay with a upgradeable ship and a combo system, leaderboards, and seemingly infinite new game+'s. And it's only $4.

Remy

Am I supposed to get a DOTA 2 beta invite after downloading the Steam iOS app? Because I got one after using it.

I had the same thing happen when I downloaded it weeks ago. Maybe something about the number of betas you can be in the queue for at once?

That's awesome if it's true. Do you have a source of any kind? I think I heard about Garry's Mod getting it before somewhere.

I wonder if that means we can just download custom maps easily (not that it's hard now) via the workshop this way. Would be pretty sweet.

http://garrysmod.com/post/17204265681/toybox-doods-enter-the-beta

And the account that Valve used to upload their mod for Skyrim is in a Portal 2 beta group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/p2beta

Euphor!a

Banned
So I guess no one is playing this Gotham City game huh? Takes like 10 minutes to find a match on whatever game type I picked...

Oreoleo

So it's cheaper to buy the Ultimate edition rather than the DLC for the game I already own. Bullshit.

With sales, I got New Vegas and all the DLC for less than $20 over the last six months. OWB and Lonesome Road were both 50-75% off like a month after they came out.

Also, it's the best WRPG I've ever played.

WTF. Did something happen to Gemini Rue?

I haven't played the game in like a month and suddently it's giving me a lot of problems. The screen is not centered and I can't load my save, fuck.

Ok, this is dissapointing. Found this on the Steam Forums.

Hi everyone! Publisher guy here. In giving out the old build of the game, it appears that not every computer handles savegames in the same way. So here's what I am going to do instead. I'm going to play through the game and make a bunch of saves throughout, and distribute those instead. Stay tuned.

Sorry for the double post, but I've played through the game and made a bunch of save files. You can nab them HERE. Just unzip them where-ever your savegame files are stores.

By default it is either:

c:\program files\Steam\steamapps\common\gemini rue\Saves

or

c:\program files\Steam\steamapps\common\gemini rue\relists\Saves

This should hopefully cover everybody. Sorry again for this problem!

-Dave

I am not ok with this.

Joe Molotov

WTF. Did something happen to Gemini Rue?

I haven't played the game in like a month and suddently it's giving me a lot of problems. The screen is not centered and I can't load my save, fuck.

Gabe tried to save you from this, but you guys were like BOO VALVE IS OPPRESSING AWESOME INDIE DEVS, BOO! and so they put it on Steam anyway, and now look.

Im_Special

here's the full post

In case you didn't read the other threads, a recent fix to the game had the unfortunate side effect of making all your savegames incompatible. We're so sorry about this. In our defense, this is an issue with the AGS engine (which was used to make the game) and is not something we could prevent. This update fixed a major issue with the game not running on Win 7 laptops - a problem that has been hounding us from day one. It was a "damned if we did, damned if we didn't" situation, and we can't apologize enough.

However, we have gone and made a bunch of compatible savegames for you to use. You can nab them HERE.

Just unzip them where-ever your savegame files are stored. By default it is either:

or

-Dave

Steam thread

Well, looks like I got caught between updates. I'll probably restart the game anyway, but not today.

I don't enjoy doing them bad press either, but it is a little frustrating.

Im_Special

Well, looks like I got caught between updates. I'll probably restart the game anyway, but not today.

I don't enjoy doing them bad press either, but it is a little frustrating.

Why not just use one of their saves that they've provided? If you can pick up right or close to where you were I see no problem.

I've seen way shittier support from indie people. I'm looking at you Magicka, such terrible terrible support.

Why not just use one of their saves that they've provided? If you can pick up right or close to where you were I see no problem.

I've seen way shittier support from indie people. I'm looking at you Magicka, such terrible terrible support.

I'll check that out. But as I said, I haven't played the game in like a month, so maybe this is a good opportunity to restart the game and finish it once and for all.

I was like 3 hours in the game anyway, and I'm sure I'll catch it quick.

JazzmanZ

for some reason the latest update is not letting me play tf2, every time it gets past the logos steam quits unexpectedly.

I've noticed others have had it too, so I guess I have to wait for a new update.

yippie.

This should come as a surprise to no one but Amalur Steam cd keys don't register on Origin.

I managed to get the pre-order DLC codes for the game separately and applied them to my EA account by registering them on Origin. Now I wonder whether I will be able to use the DLC when I start my Steam version of the game after it unlocks.

wtf is wrong with my steam guys, never heard of any of these games/apps:

2012-02-09_002411t4jei.png

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
This should come as a surprise to no one but Amalur Steam cd keys don't register on Origin.

I managed to get the pre-order DLC codes for the game separately and applied them to my EA account by registering them on Origin. Now I wonder whether I will be able to use the DLC when I start my Steam version of the game after it unlocks.

You can sign into your EA account on the Steam version of Reckoning for whatever that's worth.

camerooni

Neo Member
Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition $ 39.99

Downloadable Content For Fallout: New Vegas $ 45.94
$3.99 USD
Fallout New Vegas®: Gun Runners’ Arsenal™
$1.99 USD
Fallout New Vegas®: Courier’s Stash™
$9.99 USD
Fallout New Vegas®: Lonesome Road™
$9.99 USD
Fallout New Vegas: Old World Blues
$9.99 USD
Fallout New Vegas: Honest Hearts
$9.99 USD
Fallout New Vegas: Dead Money

So it's cheaper to buy the Ultimate edition rather than the DLC for the game I already own. Bullshit.

Hahah.. it's even stupider in Australia..

Fallout New Vegas = $39.99 http://store.steampowered.com/app/22380/?cc=au
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate = $39.99 http://store.steampowered.com/app/2028016/?cc=au

And the best part is that 3 of the 4 main dlc are 12.99 instead of 9.99 like in the states.. come on bethesda.. you're making things too cheap here ;)
I'm actually hoping they do a 'DLC' bundle for like 19.99 or something so those of us who have just the base game can get them at a discount (and even cheaper during a sale).. or yeah.. a 10-20 dollar 'upgrade' to the ultimate edition. Early adopters are good customers, but then I guess we can't be that good if we didn't buy all the dlc :p and they know a lot of us will buy the ultimate edition because it's 'such a better deal'.. *sigh*

They also have a tendency to not adjust the prices for bundles - so a while back it was about 15-20 dollars cheaper to buy new vegas WITH the strategy guide than it was to buy it without!!

daxy

Gotham City Impostors looks like a really fun game (going by Giantbomb's quick look at least), but hearing all this stuff about long matchmaking times has me doubting :I

Is this normal for a game that just launched, or will it only get worse?

MNC

here's the full post

In case you didn't read the other threads, a recent fix to the game had the unfortunate side effect of making all your savegames incompatible. We're so sorry about this. In our defense, this is an issue with the AGS engine (which was used to make the game) and is not something we could prevent. This update fixed a major issue with the game not running on Win 7 laptops - a problem that has been hounding us from day one. It was a "damned if we did, damned if we didn't" situation, and we can't apologize enough.

However, we have gone and made a bunch of compatible savegames for you to use. You can nab them HERE.

Just unzip them where-ever your savegame files are stored. By default it is either:

or

-Dave

Steam thread

Oh sweet, they fixed that! I couldn't get the game to run :p

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Gotham City Impostors looks like a really fun game (going by Giantbomb's quick look at least), but hearing all this stuff about long matchmaking times has me doubting :I

Is this normal for a game that just launched, or will it only get worse?

It was a problem in the beta and they must not have fixed it for the final release. It can be fixed, but then again, it's Gfwl, so it'll take at least a month for a patch.

The game is okay, but not special. There are plenty of games that do what it does, but better, and some are even free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom