• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shit. I wanted to gift Skyrim to a friend but it's back up to normal price already. I thought it was a deal for the entire week. 50 euros is a bit too much for a birthday present. :/

Nifty skin but Steam isn't recognizing it for me. Is it because I opted into beta? I've tried both extracting the folder directly to /skins, and when that didn't work, I created an /Apparition2 folder under /skins, and that didn't work either.

Nymerio

There are 4 directories in the archive: Extras, Fonts, resource and skins. Inside the skins directory is a directory named Apparition2, put that inside your skins directory.

Xanonano

Nifty skin but Steam isn't recognizing it for me. Is it because I opted into beta? I've tried both extracting the folder directly to /skins, and when that didn't work, I created an /Apparition2 folder under /skins, and that didn't work either.
Hi there. It sounds like you're using the Plus version, in which case you need to extract the zip file to the main Steam directory, as it overwrites some of the default files. The Basic version can be installed to the skins folder, however. Hope this helps!

Hi there. It sounds like you're using the Plus version, in which case you need to extract the zip file to the main Steam directory, as it overwrites some of the default files. The Basic version can be installed to the skins folder, however. Hope this helps!

I did that and it's still not appearing on my skins list :/

Ok, I'm not usually one to recomend skins, but this shit is on another level and I highly recommend it to.. well.. everyone who likes nice things.

Apparition for Steam

Make sure you grab v2+

ibu1pwYA0WkULS.jpg

This is quality. Making the uninstalled games in your library slightly transparent is a nice touch. I think I still prefer PixelVision but I'm going to use this for a bit.

vazel

Banned
This is quality. Making the uninstalled games in your library slightly transparent is a nice touch. I think I still prefer PixelVision but I'm going to use this for a bit.
Haha, PixelVision is like a blast from the past. It looks like some of the themes I used to use with Litestep on Win98.

Imagine if Steam let you browse, try, and install skins from within Steam. Oh, I've gone too far, haven't I?

I guess it'd be a bigger deal if every Steam skin wasn't complete shit. They don't really give skinners much leeway, do they?

Fox318

Imagine if Steam let you browse, try, and install skins from within Steam. Oh, I've gone too far, haven't I?

I guess it'd be a bigger deal if every Steam skin wasn't complete shit. They don't really give skinners much leeway, do they?

They should have done that years ago.

Why have skinning options with no easy way to add and install them?

confused

Banned
HIB#3 :

Conversely, if anyone could gift me Lume and Hoard from the IndieRoyale Bundle I would be awesomely grateful. Unable to get funds in time for this one.

I know that this has happened to other folks before. But is there any way to get back Steam categories? I had my games all organized and now they all seems to be gone for several days now on my desktop machine. Oddly enough they still are there on my netbook when I log onto Steam from there. Any way to copy them from netbook to desktop perhaps?

Blizzard

Banned
I think I tried one of the Jedi Knight games when I got that collection a while back, but I never got the graphics working right on Vista/Windows 7. :( Are there any tweaks I should be aware of?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Which should I get out of Jedi Outcast or Jedi Academy? I've played the others.
All I remember of Jedi Outcast is trying three different times to play through it and at some point being utterly confounded by the level design and WTF I was supposed to do. It was pretty cool other than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom