• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjay

Needs glitter bombs.

there are 5 more!!! im d/ling the pinkie one
applejack_steam_skin___fixed_by_cynicaltechlord-d4in3pe.png

http://cynicaltechlord.deviantart.c...82?q=gallery:cynicalTechlord randomize:1&qo=1 -apple

pinkie_pie_steam_skin_by_cynicaltechlord-d4nixrs.png

http://cynicaltechlord.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4nixrs - pinkie-
fluttershy_steam_skin_by_cynicaltechlord-d4lzhdb.png

http://cynicaltechlord.deviantart.c...11?q=gallery:cynicalTechlord randomize:1&qo=2 -flutter

rarity_steam_skin_by_cynicaltechlord-d4jbfq9.png

http://cynicaltechlord.deviantart.c...11009?q=gallery:cynicaltechlord/34141835&qo=3 -rarity

twilight_sparkle_steam_skin___final_version_by_cynicaltechlord-d4iy2zw.png

http://cynicaltechlord.deviantart.c...7980?q=gallery:cynicaltechlord/34141835&qo=4- twilight

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Meh. They were all quoted, so the most obnoxious aspect of those themes have been minimized.

An abject failure of a troll.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Jedy Knight Academy has graphic issues with W7, so I'm will pass on these!

Really? I only played a couple hours, but I had no issues with it. I ran it windowed, but I believe that you can edit in higher resolutions with the .ini file. I've played Academy, Outcast and Dark Forces and all three ran fine on W7, but maybe I got lucky (or haven't played them enough yet).

Anyways, great games, definitely give them a shot if you're a Star Wars fan. I already own it but I bought a copy for my inventory.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
We need more confirmation from others. Do they run fine in Win7 or not? nVidia and ATI?

Really? I only played a couple hours, but I had no issues with it. I ran it windowed, but I believe that you can edit in higher resolutions with the .ini file. I've played Academy, Outcast and Darkforces and all three ran with no issues on W7, but maybe I got lucky (or haven't played them enough yet).

Anyways, great games, definitely give them a shot if you're a Star Wars fan. I already own it but I bought a copy for my inventory.

I remember when I played Jedy Academy long time ago, I couldn't make it work on (1440x900, when I had this resolution monitor) I don't know if I can change to a higher resolution (1920x1080), but I think that I'm going to give them a try! Thank you for the hint bro! I want to buy both Outcast and Academy! Really good games!

BosSin

Everyone see the message on Steam about the hack?

Dear Steam Users and Steam Forum Users:

We continue our investigation of last year's intrusion with the help of outside security experts. In my last note about this, I described how intruders had accessed our Steam database but we found no evidence that the intruders took information from that database. That is still the case.

Recently we learned that it is probable that the intruders obtained a copy of a backup file with information about Steam transactions between 2004 and 2008. This backup file contained user names, email addresses, encrypted billing addresses and encrypted credit card information. It did not include Steam passwords.

We do not have any evidence that the encrypted credit card numbers or billing addresses have been compromised. However as I said in November it's a good idea to watch your credit card activity and statements. And of course keeping Steam Guard on is a good idea as well.

We are still investigating and working with law enforcement authorities. Some state laws require a more formal notice of this incident so some of you will get that notice, but we wanted to update everyone with this new information now.

Gabe

JustinBB7

I've played the entire Jedi Knight collection on windows 7 without any problems. The first 3 games use DOSBOX, which works automatically so it worked fine for me.

Goody

Hmm, debating on whether to get the Jedi Knight collection. I know I want the original Dark Forces, but have never played the rest.

Card Boy

Banned
I somehow feel the urge of buying gotham city imposters... but I am holding out a little bit, that Brink hurt me bad :/

Ask yourself "Do I need this game?"

Unrelated there are shitloads of people playing Jedi Academy to this day and the game is 9 years old.

Blizzard

Banned
I can't even launch Jedi Knight Dark Forces II. I get an error box that has a bunch of Chinese symbols or something. o_O Anyone else?

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Hmm, debating on whether to get the Jedi Knight collection. I know I want the original Dark Forces, but have never played the rest.

Same for me. I just went for it since it's so cheap. I really want to play Dark Forces again, and the other ones seem to be fondly spoken of.

Dice

JEDI ACADEMY HERE WE GOOOOOO

Edit: I might also be interested in getting Dark Forces. Does it run on the build engine or is it actual 3D levels or have something like zdoom?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Any ideas guys? Google isn't revealing any glaring problems. I've checked the file integrity and reinstalled the game. Still no luck.

ST5WZ.png

Blizzard

Banned
I tried verifying game cache integrity, but I still got this:

jedizij90.png

That was apparently due to the sandbox it was being run in though. I turned that off, and the game launched, and went fullscreen and finally back to a windowed non-resizable video. I hit escape to cancel that, but then it goes to a full black screen. I hear audio briefly but then it switches me back to the desktop. I can alt-tab back to it, and I see the black screen and hear audio briefly, but then I get switched back to the desktop. It seems to be using pretty much 100% of one core, and I had to use task manager to kill it. :(

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Oh wow Dark Forces is just as awesome as I remember it. THIS is what I'm talking about when I say I wish there were more Doom-like FPS games these days, levels that feel like labyrinths and are fun to explore. When an FPS has levels complex enough to have a map screen, I'm a happy camper. (This is part of the reason I'm such a big Metroid Prime fan, I feel like that game brought this feeling back)

I wonder what's going on with Iron Brigade. Stacking seems like it'll be on Steam first so maybe Iron Brigade is planned for later in the year? If at all? :-(

Dice

So you guys playing Dark Forces, does it have something like zdoom?

I have been enjoying Hexen with zdoom engine. Texture filtering off but high res. It is wonderful.

Card Boy

Banned

I have been enjoying Hexen with zdoom engine. Texture filtering off but high res. It is wonderful.

Yeah it uses dosbox or something, runs fine on Win 7 64bit, you don't have to do anything. Dark Forces 2 requires abit more effort to run though.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.

Yeah it uses dosbox, it configures itself automatically when you click "Play" in Steam, so you don't have to mess with the command line or anything. It just loads straight into the game. Alt+Enter toggles fullscreen.

At first I was having issues with certain colors displaying wrong but I followed this post in the Dark Forces Steam forum and it fixed it.

VALKYRAY

Banned
I logged on steam today and this is what i saw

February 10th, 2012
Dear Steam Users and Steam Forum Users:

We continue our investigation of last year’s intrusion with the help of outside security experts. In my last note about this, I described how intruders had accessed our Steam database but we found no evidence that the intruders took information from that database. That is still the case.

Recently we learned that it is probable that the intruders obtained a copy of a backup file with information about Steam transactions between 2004 and 2008. This backup file contained user names, email addresses, encrypted billing addresses and encrypted credit card information. It did not include Steam passwords.
We do not have any evidence that the encrypted credit card numbers or billing addresses have been compromised. However as I said in November it’s a good idea to watch your credit card activity and statements. And of course keeping Steam Guard on is a good idea as well.

We are still investigating and working with law enforcement authorities. Some state laws require a more formal notice of this incident so some of you will get that notice, but we wanted to update everyone with this new information now.

Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom