• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
You guys better fill the survey.

4289f9380d.png

I've never played a Final Fantasy. My friend had one on SNES and the summons were exciting, but that's all I've ever seen (apart from commercials, character designs, etc.).

rdytoroll

I've never played a Final Fantasy. My friend had one on SNES and the summons were exciting, but that's all I've ever seen (apart from commercials, character designs, etc.).

Dude, me neither. Well besides playing it at friends. I'm playing FF X/X-2 after Trails in the Sky, can't wait

Corpekata

Banned
So yeah Slain! Is actually pretty good now. Still has some issues like the basic attack combo feeling a little basic / easy to spam but now that enemies actually react to being hit + all the other additions to combat, it's a pretty enjoyable hack and slash time.

All you need to know about Final Fantasy:

These are chocobos. They are akin to horses.
tumblr_nlkz5mbshz1t4nbsjo1_500.gif

They can be very cute.
tumblr_nhubj8ps2E1sgpfqbo1_500.png

But if you ever lead a professional army and come across an enemy force comprised purely of chocobos...
hqdefault.jpg

Run.

Ozium

Played the first level of Slain! and it's pretty good.. the controls are tight and responsive, gotta have good timing for parrying, very nice. The music is great. You have to be kind of deliberate in your attacks? Can't really button mash.

it's like a gothic themed Rastan.

Played the first level of Slain! and it's pretty good.. the controls are tight and responsive, gotta have good timing for parrying, very nice. The music is great. You have to be kind of deliberate in your attacks? Can't really button mash.

Hype+++

fallout

Good to know. I played it when it first came out and it was quite ... rough around the edges. I wanted to like it and probably would have given it more of a chance, but they received so much negative feedback that they went ahead and tried to fix it up. Guess I'll have to give it another shot.

Vazra

Bit the bullet and decided to get the game and got an extra copy. Good luck whoever wins it and please post impressions.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Vazra, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
header.jpg

Slain: Back From Hell -- MB-74702575FA56C98B - Taken by Kurt Russell. 44 entrants total.

t1470108745z1.png

Endruen

Bit the bullet and decided to get the game and got an extra copy. Good luck whoever wins it and please post impressions.

Wait, so if you buy it right now you get the extra copy too? I might split it with a friend if that's the case.

Vazra

I was really excited for Slain, if it's really improved I would like to try it!

Quick impressions from 15 minutes of gameplay. The combat feels fine and the jumping goes as far as I expect it to go. Smaller enemies flinch to your attacks and the bigger ones take a bit more work to get them to flinch. Overall so far seems pretty solid and I will post more on it with the more time I spend with it.

zkylon

zkylewd
I know a professional job is different (in fact I wrote translating a game like that would require a wee or so), but I think a professional translator would find TT titles very easy to translate. They are not Joyce's works, just everyday's dialogues, it's not like translating from japanase to english I believe.
Maybe it's not a week, maybe 10 days, but I think it's a very easy task. There are crew in Italy which translate TT stuff for free, I never installed those patches but I know they are very good, in fact some people suggest to install the fan-made patch for The Walking Dead because the official TT translation is very bad, and usually those people released the translation for each episode after a couple of days or so, even because they did that in their spare time. But again I'm not into this, so I may be wrong.
i really don't think u should be so dismissive of a really legit profession lol

Regarding Valkyrie maybe you are right, I'm trying to do "short" jrpgs, and Grandia was VERY long: I remember I took MONTHS to reach the end when I was a kid, even because I played something like 20-30 minutes each day, no guide since 56k connections etc, just to be killed in 20 seconds by the last boss no matter what. Also I remember levelling in that game took ages.
also grandia is kind of a stupid game while valkyrie profile is an all time classic

my ps1 list is kind of like this:
- metal gear solid
- ff7, 8 and tactics
- xenogears
- suikoden 2
- front mission 3 (fm3 is not the greatest front mission game but the internet theme is sooooo good)
- parasite eve 1
- silent hill
- resident evil 1 and 2 (never played 3)
- legacy of kain soul reaver (this game aged pretty bad but it's worth playing a bit for the atmosphere at least)
- valkyrie profile
- breath of fire 3

notably missing:
- castlevania symphony of the night (never played this, but afaik it's really really good)
- vagrant story (haven't been able to ever get too deep into it, i really want to but something else always steals my attention)
- ff9 (i know a lot of people like 9 more than 7 and 8 but i didn't play much of it)
- chrono cross (pirated version i bought back in the day was NTSC so it was black and white and that was no way to play a game lol... i was like 12, we didn't know better...)

i also love some old ass games that probably aged terrible like tenchu but that's probably not worth recommending lol

Vazra

Konami should do a quick port of Symphony of The Night and the GBA and DS castlevania games tbh.

rtcn63

TEW - masked dudes with body armor and machine guns get the fire harpoon. I have 100+ bolt mats near the end of Chapter 11.

zkylon

zkylewd
also i continue to love everything about darkest dungoen and i think i'm gonna forever stay in lvl 1 and 3 missions and never risk anything ever

the only way to win is not playing

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Vazra, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Vazra, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Slain: Back From Hell -- MB-74702575FA56C98B - Taken by Kurt Russell. 44 entrants total.

t1470108745z1.png

Everybody needs to watch Batman TAS
Here is why

Loved it when it first came out. Never revisited it, but hey.

Despite the show being called "Batman", he's rarely the protagonist of these stories. Because of the short film nature and never-changing status as the icon of justice, its usually the rogues who get the bulk of development.

One could argue that Batman has never been about Batman, and it's been about the villains. Then Gotham comes along, as if to simultaneously prove that theory (to take Batman out entirely) and disprove it (since it's not that good, possibly because it's missing Batman.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom