• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Pixieking, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Pixieking, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Chime Sharp -- MB-EC76D9D789685023 - Taken by Ventara. 28 entrants total.
gamesthatneedmorelove

t1470157558z1.png

Backlogger

Nvidia CP > Change Resolution > Customize > Create Custom Resolution (select 'resolutions not supported by this display') > Enter 4K 16:9 > Test

I have AMD. I can activate VSR and change my desktop resolution to 3200x1800 but then the game ends up hanging. I'll just have to see what others have done to get this working but hardly seems worth the effort at this point.

Granjinha

Yo there's fucking DEUS EX THIS MONTH

And LKS

And Abzû

AAAAAAA

Man there's so much good stuff coming out. So many interesting games until the end of the year.

I can't imagine how people say 'uhhhh there's no good games coming out bubub'

i love games <3

I have AMD. I can activate VSR and change my desktop resolution to 3200x1800 but then the game ends up hanging. I'll just have to see what others have done to get this working but hardly seems worth the effort at this point.

You adjust your desktop resolution? I turn VSR on, leave the desktop as is, but then the bigger resolutions appear in the game options as selections. With Insect Armageddon some of the lighting wasn't working at 1800, so I get how it doesn't work all the time.

So
Steam says Deadly premonition is running at 60 fps and yet it stutters like crazy and evrything is slow
What ia causing this?

Use Durante's fix, and yes restart. Even he had to periodically restart his machine to get better performance out of DP.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
If I remember correctly the epilogue is part of the full game so yes? It should be really short and there's a Fallout-style ending cinematic after that.

Okay, got it. I just have to power through the last few trophy hunts and side-quests as quick as I can to blow through the Chapter 5 to reach the last two main story quests then. Might take me another day or two though. Ugh. Game's fine, but it's kinda dragging since I'm wanting to be done and going to other things in my Backlog before I reach the Witcher 2.

Speaking of which: Should I read the rest of the books (I read "the Last Wish" which is a collection of short stories) for the Witcher? The Witcher subreddit recommends them as supplemental and background information and I enjoyed the Last Wish collection, but I'm not sure what the time-line of books to gameplay for the series is.

Adnor

Banned
There's no Shiren the Wanderer game on PC, right? I kinda want to try them to see how they compare with some of the bigger roguelikes.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Unforgiving Trials: The Darkest Crusade -- MB-94902104C5074F85 - Taken by spacellama

A little rpg, it should be good, with very positive reviews.

Ludens

Banned
i really don't think u should be so dismissive of a really legit profession lol

? I'm not dismissive and I respect the profession, I'm only saying TT games don't include so much text (complex text) to require so much time to be translated. A week of work means 56 hours, I think it's a lot of time, but again I'm not into this so I may be totally wrong, it's just my opinion. You should try RE3, it's very good and fast (plus short), also very different from other RE titles, give it a try!

That's not even the final book, Sapkowski wrote a prequel novel few years ago, called Season of Storms.

Really the last book needs an english translation? One of those rare cases in which italian people got a thing before UK/US dudes :p
The last book is good, but yeah, I'm still waiting for the prequel too. In my opinion books are needed to fully understand Witcher 3, otherwise you'll miss all the backgrounds regarding Ciri, Yen and other characters, because W3 is basically a sequel to the books instead of being a sequel to W2.

Uzzy

Speaking of which: Should I read the rest of the books (I read "the Last Wish" which is a collection of short stories) for the Witcher? The Witcher subreddit recommends them as supplemental and background information and I enjoyed the Last Wish collection, but I'm not sure what the time-line of books to gameplay for the series is.

Sure, they're good books. They're not essential to understanding the events in the games, as they take place before the games, but they're still good reads and help to flesh out the world and events.

Unfortunately the last book in the series, The Lady of the Lake, still lacks an 'official' translation into English. Don't know if that's an issue for you.

Knurek

Unfortunately the last book in the series, The Lady of the Lake, still lacks an 'official' translation into English. Don't know if that's an issue for you.

That's not even the final book, Sapkowski wrote a prequel novel few years ago, called Season of Storms.

zkylon

zkylewd
? I'm not dismissive and I respect the profession, I'm only saying TT games don't include so much text (complex text) to require so much time to be translated. A week of work means 56 hours, I think it's a lot of time, but again I'm not into this so I may be totally wrong, it's just my opinion. You should try RE3, it's very good and fast (plus short), also very different from other RE titles, give it a try!
can't, spiders

can't really play re1 or 2 either even tho re2 was one of my favorite games growing up

it's a pity :T

dex3108

Yeap I don't get Nuuvem. If they can't offer some good deals there is no point to use USD. I mean they put Mafia 3 for 60$ and you can already get it cheaper on GMG or on CD Keys. Nobody outside South America went there just to buy games, they went there because prices were low.

Hektor

i used to like hyperbithero until he went like all kickstarter sucks

now i still like him but think he's kind of dumb lol

anywho binary domain is pretty bad but also really charming but also really bad so basically i'd watch some funny let's play on youtube lol

Why do you think it's bad? It got legitimately cool characters, some amazing designs and absurd good hit feedback. I bought it on pc launch cos it was cheap via gifting not knowing anything about it and it turned out to be one of the biggest positive surprises in quite some time for me.

Nier Automata is the only one that matter :")

I like you.

Just a small insider-info considering the FF12 port:

Right now S-E isnt working on a PC-port of that.

You really know? How unfortunate.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
See how much butthole you can get away with showing in a background image.

zkylon

zkylewd
Whats wrong with just murdering the enemy spiders in a video game?
i can't stand the sight of them so killing them is often not an option as i have to just close the game and spend the rest of my day not thinking about it :/

Even RE4 had spiders. It's like Capcom has a spider fetish or something.
really? i thought re4 didn't

and it's not really a capcom thing i'd say, spiders are just a lazy scary enemy type to do, like rats or skeletons or whatever. it's really lame and tiring

and like, i can respect someone like from loving the hell out of spiders and doing interesting things with their designs and shapes and stories, that's cool

Why do you think it's bad? It got legitimately cool characters, some amazing designs and absurd good hit feedback. I bought it on pc launch cos it was cheap via gifting not knowing anything about it and it turned out to be one of the biggest positive surprises in quite some time for me.
idk, i thought the game was tedious to play, the whole squad management stuff could be summed up for me to "it doesn't work" and i found the characters endearing but not enough to carry the rest of the game. i also think the story had promise to be cool ghost in the shell sci fi and ended up being a really campy action thing that was ok but it didn't inspire much from me other than a few chuckles

it's not like offensively bad and i can't fault people for liking it but i don't think it's very good

it mostly just made me wish i was playing vanquish instead

Yeap I don't get Nuuvem. If they can't offer some good deals there is no point to use USD. I mean they put Mafia 3 for 60$ and you can already get it cheaper on GMG or on CD Keys. Nobody outside South America went there just to buy games, they went there because prices were low.
not all games are region locked and usd is a lot easier for them to manage than like 20 different currencies. and even if they used country specific currencies they'd still have to do usd because of countries like ecuador

nuuvem has been great for ppl in south america, just because it doesn't help you doesn't mean they're not cool

dex3108

not all games are region locked and usd is a lot easier for them to manage than like 20 different currencies. and even if they used country specific currencies they'd still have to do usd because of countries like ecuador

nuuvem has been great for ppl in south america, just because it doesn't help you doesn't mean they're not cool

I never said they are not cool, i just said that i don't get their move. With full prices they won't attract too many people.

zkylon

zkylewd
I never said they are not cool, i just said that i don't get their move. With full prices they won't attract too many people.
idk, maybe they use some convenient regional payment service or whatever

they also can't magically make publishers just sell games there for cheaper internationally lol, that wouldn't make much sense would it

i wish they sold more games in south america rather than just brazil tho

argieland gets really screwed by lack of regional pricing considering how weak the argie peso vs usd is

dex3108

idk, maybe they use some convenient regional payment service or whatever

they also can't magically make publishers just sell games there for cheaper internationally lol, that wouldn't make much sense would it

i wish they sold more games in south america rather than just brazil tho

argieland gets really screwed by lack of regional pricing considering how weak the argie peso vs usd is

If they can't offer better pricing for international buyers they should just stick to SA region. Improve service for people there :D

Full priced (not even pre-order discount) games won't sell well in my opinion.

zkylon

zkylewd
i mean, i don't see why you shouldn't sell games even if you're not competitive day 1

they also have their own sales and stuff

Backlogger

You adjust your desktop resolution? I turn VSR on, leave the desktop as is, but then the bigger resolutions appear in the game options as selections. With Insect Armageddon some of the lighting wasn't working at 1800, so I get how it doesn't work all the time.

Yeah, I think the issue is that the game doesn't support the resolution that is available to me via VSR. Like in Doom, I just have VSR on and 3200x1800 just shows up like you said, but in Transformers it doesn't. I've read about people getting it to work but honestly I have limited time to tinker so I'll just play it as is. Its not ideal, but with the art direction / graphic style it doesn't look too bad. Apparently it doesn't support 1600x900 either? What a weird game.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
So I bought a new PC. Chose store assembly service because there was a promo with it and the shipping being basically free.

I guess I got what I paid for. :-|

WTF?

how does that even happen?!?!

you should bring it back to the store and let them fix it

did you take a look in the inside yet?

So I bought a new PC. Chose store assembly service because there was a promo with it and the shipping being basically free.

haha, what?

They better be paying for a swift return with shoddy workmanship like that.

Yikes!
Fingers crossed that you can get your money back, because I would be afraid to turn that thing on, personally.

Also, a motherboard with PS/2 ports in this day and age?

Nzyme32

And from what i saw and heard it is way better then We Happy Few. Big publisher/console company marketing means a lot.

Yep.

Also, if y'all want a good game involving a protagonist taking Joy pills that nullifies his past and make the world less shitty, go play LISA. It's an amazing, darkly humourous RPG, rated Overwhelmingly Positive with good reason. Amazing Soundtrack too!

f4c4372a8da14e41e32516bc0a4a719d.jpg

Well, it's important for my IBM Model M.

Ah, that makes sense.
But wouldn't it be easier to just get a PS/2 to USB converter for your keyboard?

I rather hope that Ghost of a Tale is a success, but it is not the kind of game that I would think is really suited for Early Access. We Happy Few seems a much better fit for EA, based on how the game works, especially considering that the EA version leaves out the narrative content.

Accoun

Ucchedav&#257;da;212224497 said:
Ah, that makes sense.
But wouldn't it be easier to just get a PS/2 to USB converter for your keyboard?

It just seems to be on the budget mobos that were recommended to me, so why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom