• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lomax

The thing with CK2 is that you don't need to win or even succeed to have fun. Just choose a start and let the stories flow.

To learn the game's mechanics, start somewhere small, say in Ireland, and see how long you can survive, and whether you can grow at all; maybe set a goal of unifying Ireland as one of your "big," multi-generational goals. Understanding the baseline mechanics and slowly growing your demesne will help you figure out how to play larger kingdoms more easily. But truly, the story of how it all falls apart is what makes CK2 so great.

And see for me, while I adore reading about what other people have done in CK2 (especially when it is well written), I could just never get into it myself. I don't think I have the patience any more for grand strategy.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I think the next patch should also bring the game mode options letting you turn stuff like fantasy events or shattered retreat on/off.

TellTale is not a small studio, for the record. (240 people as of Jan last year--almost certainly higher now.)

Hadn't seen the full feature list...
aP9m9ya.gif

Yeah, the Reaper's Due, featuring a boatload of roleplay stuff and coming 25 August:

Didn't even know about this

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I feel sad now :")
Although, I disagree:
God Hand, Viewtiful Joe, Asura's Wrath, Okami, Ace Attorney, Ghost Trick, Devil May Cry HD, Resident Evil Code Veronica X,
Dino Crisis :"")
, there's plenty of games they could still port.

Keep it coming. Avoiding the REmake 2 of course.

Sengoku Basara series
Breath of Fire series
Megaman Collection
Megaman X Collection
Okami HD
Onimusha 1 thru 4
Clock Tower series

So many more goodies. Them, Squeenix, Konami, Sega, and Atlus need to hop on that PC train now.

Man, New Retro Arcade: Neon is out too! $25 seems decent I guess. I can't see what they added so I'm hoping its enough to justify that much money. I used it as the defacto VR introduction to my friends when showing them the Rift DK2 a few years ago

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (SirMossyBloke, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Call of Duty Black Ops 3: Multiplayer Starter Pack -- MB-FC363D00A570892C - Taken by Ludens. 9 entrants total.

t1470095954z1.png

Salsa

me before replay update:

"man I wish they would let me name Rocket League replays so I could find exactly the one im looking for"

after:

gVojQ7A.gif

I can't wait for The Reaper's Due. I've been really digging into Crusader Kings II over the past few months, and I've just made it past the year 1300 for the first time. I'm going for a complete game!

Felensis

Banned
May a fellow GAFfer who is part of the private NeoGAF steam group be so kind to invite me? My nick on Steam is the same as here. Many thanks in advance!

Monooboe

Ooooh nooo! Just realized that my gym membership expires soon and since I don't have much extra this month I really have to choose between on month of gym or No Man's Sky... I will of course choose the gym but damn this wasn't a choice I wanted to make, years of waiting, well little more won't hurt I guess.

(and yes gym memberships is crazy expensive here.)

I keep hearing so many mixed messages about TeW that I don't think i'll ever buy it.

Saw my buddy play it on PS4 before the widescreen patch and hated it. Maybe I'll like it more with the widescreen removed.

Ooooh nooo! Just realized that my gym membership expires soon and since I don't have much extra this month I really have to choose between on month of gym or No Man's Sky... I will of course choose the gym but damn this wasn't a choice I wanted to make, years of waiting, well little more won't hurt I guess.

Just work out at home. You don't need fancy equipment to get fit.

You can't split it with your friends ?

Monooboe

Just work out at home. You don't need fancy equipment to get fit.

True! Though it motivates me alot just by going there. When I started I was in really bad shape, also a busted back, so the fancy equipment really did help me out getting started, that was three months ago so maybe I can pick it up again at home... hmh.

You can't split it with your friends ?

The game or gym? Well either way, I have no friends who are active on Steam and none that go to gym either.XD

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Shadows of The Damned >>> The Evil Within as far as RE4 ish games go
Ignore the big boner sections and the 2D sections

illusionary

A new month means that at last I can use the Steam marketplace again... time to get trading card selling when I get a few moments. In terms of actual games, though, thanks to everyone who recommended Ghost 1.0 during the summer sale - I've been working my way through it over the past few days (just beaten the third boss) and it's a thoroughly excellent game. I think that I may need to pass on hard mode, though...

Aside from that, I think that I need to buy The Fall at 90% off - I heard good things about it a while back (from Giant Bomb, IIRC) and it's been on my wishlist for a long while since.

Oh, and Patrick Klepek's second G2A story is up at Kotaku - if the first is anything to go by, this'll be very worthwhile reading: http://kotaku.com/how-the-controversial-steam-key-marketplace-g2a-got-so-1784669708

xist

Forgot to do a raffle option but anyway - Cards/+1 here

ModBot said:
Instructions for xist:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:[/b]
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (xist, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Hacker Evolution -- MB-3D85F9311BBA2FE4 - Taken by mp1990
High on Racing -- MB-2CB468B6D1DD6020 - Taken by Mackenzie 92
Job the Leprechaun -- MB-9085B0A16E0620A1 - Taken by illusionary

Just finished The Talos Principle, and found it to be a really cleverly made puzzle-game, not at all the kind of game I would have expected from CroTeam. Lots of interesting puzzles and surprisingly well written and delivered story, too. The ending was a bit odd, though:
We finally got a successful AI? Great, now destroy the very system that produced it, so that it can die alone!

My only real complaint was, however, the Tetris-like puzzles that you had to go through a number of times. These were a complete waste of time, and simply felt like unnecessary padding. Too bad that I am too stubborn to just look up solutions. Does the DLC have these as well, or did they wise up?

Aside from that, I think that I need to buy The Fall at 90% off - I heard good things about it a while back (from Giant Bomb, IIRC) and it's been on my wishlist for a long while since.

The Fall is quite good, but be aware that the controls do suffer from the game attempting to be both an action game and an adventure game. Unfortunately the "action" part isn't very well executed, and the "adventure" part tends to involve pixel-hunting, which is hindered by the action oriented controls. Definitely worth picking up at that price, however, and I'm personally eager to play the sequel that is currently in development.

Arthea

oh look, Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion - Ultimate Edition discounted, how about early adopters? screw them, as usual

illusionary

Ucchedavāda;212171094 said:
The Fall is quite good, but be aware that the controls do suffer from the game attempting to be both an action game and an adventure game. Unfortunately the "action" part isn't very well executed, and the "adventure" part tends to involve pixel-hunting, which is hindered by the action oriented controls. Definitely worth picking up at that price, however, and I'm personally eager to play the sequel that is currently in development.

Cheers for the warning. My interest in the game came originally from a description of the game's narrative, so hopefully gameplay shortcomings won't be too disappointing. Even then, for 69p there's very little to lose!

In browsing through the weekly deals prompted by this, I spotted that Fragile Allegiance has popped up on Steam (some point last year, apparently). Has anyone else played this? A fairly early space-based 4X, I remember loving it for a while back in its day, even if it had its flaws.

If it gets a good enough sale at some point, I'll pick it up for nostalgia's sake. Wishlisted for now...

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
So you prefer paying full price for a Tell Tale Game than for an Insomniac game which is the first studio release on PC? Edit: Okay, there is a bull game.

Plus we might actually just play Batman on Twitch, right?

Batman is more important than anything to me, even when it's being made by TellTale.

In browsing through the weekly deals prompted by this, I spotted that Fragile Allegiance has popped up on Steam (some point last year, apparently). Has anyone else played this? A fairly early space-based 4X, I remember loving it for a while back in its day, even if it had its flaws.

If it gets a good enough sale at some point, I'll pick it up for nostalgia's sake. Wishlisted for now...

Oh, wow, I remember playing that way back when .. I had no idea what I was doing, however. I would build a base, start mining stuff, and then eventually run out of stuff to mine since I didn't know where to go from there. I think I'll follow your example and pick it up at some point. Hopefully I am smarter now than I was 20 years ago ..

Wow. This Slain update is legit. The game plays so much better now.

That was what I was hoping to hear, and in that case I'll probably pick it up tomorrow.
Luckily it is also 40% off at the Humble Store for the next few days (or 46% off, since I'm a Humble Monthly sucker subscriber). Surprising that they haven't discounted it on the Steam store as well.

First time trying to use a Steam gift link, PM me if there's any trouble with it.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Rockin' Ranger:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rockin' Ranger, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Slain: Back from Hell -- MB-B36855BFEB339D8F - Taken by someguyinahat. 19 entrants total.

t1470092831z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom