• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

I;ve never been a fan of the Bordernlands games, played the first one, but I might look into the the Tell Tale game.

Not a fan of Borderlands as well.
Tales of the Borderlands was amazing. Second best Telltale game (first one being Hector: Badge of Carnage).

Accoun

RE Modbot garbage dump: would be nice if you got some error messages on mobile. Forgot that you can't send empty PMs and since it just returned to the inbox and thought it just sent it.

Anyway, hope the Pinball FX DLC code works. If so, it's at least one thing in plus for me.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm having trouble finding any info about it, is it worth downloading (if i even can)?

Back in April, only a mere 18% of the 27 reviews were positive, so probably not. And, yeah, you can download removed games. Valve doesn't allow publishers to invalidate user licences, with the exception of promotional betas and the like.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
RE Modbot garbage dump: would be nice if you got some error messages on mobile. Forgot that you can't send empty PMs and since it just returned to the inbox and thought it just sent it.

Anyway, hope the Pinball FX DLC code works. If so, it's at least one thing in plus for me.

mobile pms suck real bad

Ryne

If I want to purge all my cards, could I just put them up for 3 cents and have it bought by the current highest bid, or will they just sell for 3 cents?

The Humble ModBot Turd Bundle reminded me there were some games I never redeemed that I already had so here you all go!

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 18 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gods Will Be Watching -- MB-E23B50B316DCA3FC - Taken by ThirtyFour. 8 entrants total.
Life Is Strange: Episode 1 -- MB-8AE627A611697274 - Taken by outunderthestars. 2 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
GRID 2 -- MB-80032D1410A1EB74 - Taken by Madridista. 2 entrants total.
Grim Fandango Remastered -- MB-976ABD5CDBE1C18F - Taken by Large Professor. 12 entrants total.
The King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match -- MB-8100978F2FA76AEE - Taken by salazar547. 4 entrants total.
Killer is Dead - Nightmare Edition -- MB-71399363727BD2A7 - Taken by GaussTek. 18 entrants total.
The King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match -- MB-E5874AC3E8F80240 - Taken by dot. 2 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Murdered: Soul Suspect -- MB-C21556703A370164 - Taken by PAUonePUNCH. 3 entrants total.
A Virus Named TOM -- MB-7DEDD0A356435C12 - Taken by neonglow. 2 entrants total.
Resident Evil Revelations 2: Episode 1 -- MB-80032D1410A1EB74 - Taken by Madridista. 2 entrants total.
Galak-Z -- MB-EF281FAADE3703EE - Taken by Eila. 34 entrants total.
Bastion -- MB-ABB339E4E40C2F98 - Taken by kagamin. 2 entrants total.
GRID -- MB-5E23578AFDE9C00E - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
South Park: The Stick of Truth -- MB-B567B43FA52A9CBD - Taken by someguyinahat. 22 entrants total.
LIMBO -- MB-DF1762E688FD0676
Shadowrun: Dragonfall Director's Cut -- MB-1EB85443F39BE466 - Taken by electroflame. 3 entrants total.
The Last Remnant -- MB-9E25A676706233F2 - Taken by Lashley. 2 entrants total.

SpeedRunners -- MB-CDB5FD66A28D5D7C - Taken by spindoctor. 3 entrants total.

t1471290067z1.png

Yes, I did this and thought ModBot was backed up. After sending on desktop it worked with a . in the body.

I got Saints The Third, VVVVVV, Dead Space to pass along and some plus 1s. Very nice. Also there was Destiny PS4 beta, some used and expired Humble links. Thanks ModBot!

Ozium

redeemed some games from the modbot trash!

Dead Island: Epidemic (this is not on steam anymore??)
Dust: An Elysian Tale
Freddi Fish 1: The Case of The Missing Kelp Seeds

rest were either dupes or trash.. there was an HB link to Fez which I dont have on Steam and it was already redeemed... rip

also Arma 3 -- testkey77777
lol

Lomax

If I want to purge all my cards, could I just put them up for 3 cents and have it bought by the current highest bid, or will they just sell for 3 cents?

Pretty sure enhanced steam still has a button that lists for the current highest bid, that's probably the fastest way.

Ryne

The latter.

I'm fairly sure that they'll just go for your listing price. Have you tried the Steam inventory helper browser extension? It has a mass-sell function. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...helper/cmeakgjggjdlcpncigglobpjbkabhmjl?hl=en
Pretty sure enhanced steam still has a button that lists for the current highest bid, that's probably the fastest way.

Thanks for the answers.

I used to use that extension, but I read it was sold to CSGOFAST after I noticed after one update it wanted suspicious access to data on my computer. Do you know if that was solved?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

t1cxE6r.gif
Spec Ops The Line -- MB-6C04209C57425124 - Taken by Jalal

redeemed some games from the modbot trash!

Dead Island: Epidemic (this is not on steam anymore??)
Dust: An Elysian Tale
Freddi Fish 1: The Case of The Missing Kelp Seeds

rest were either dupes or trash.. there was an HB link to Fez which I dont have on Steam and it was already redeemed... rip

also Arma 3 -- testkey77777
lol

Dust is actually pretty damn good if you can numb yourself to the furry-like anime characters.

I had a key for Command and Conquer 3, I think. Turd dump was pretty bad ass.

illusionary

Aww, I forgot all about the turd dump.

It was still available when I tried about an hour ago and I don't think that I've seen Stump post to say that it's finished - give it a try if you haven't already.

On which note, I ought to say thanks myself! A fair amount was redeemed, but there were one or two games that I was able to add to my library. Nothing big, but for free it's not bad at all.

Buraindo

The ending bit with
Nerissa/Faith
tripped me out on this one, then I remembered that
Faith's head
was on Bigby's doorstep, and if it wasn't
Faith
the
glamour had to have worn off with death
right?

I should replay this game. Still have 2 missing cheevos, anyway.

--------

Tales from BLands and Wolf Among Us are so different, either way of ranking it, lol.

Hmm but unless I'm misremembering we do see
a corpse maintaining its glamour for a good while with the troll girl

Either way, TWAU is great. I'd be pretty happy to get a second season at some point.

The following are ten games in my backlog. I tried to get a mix of mostly considered good and a few considered bad, in case you want to tell me to play a bad game. Which one am I playing next? I've put them in alphabetical order.

After the End: the Harvest
Blue Rose
Deadly Premonition
Gods Will Be Watching
Hitman (one of the four that I own)
The Last Remnant
Metro 2033
Overlord
Retro City Rampage DX
The Witcher 2

Purkake4

Banned
The following are ten games in my backlog. I tried to get a mix of mostly considered good and a few considered bad, in case you want to tell me to play a bad game. Which one am I playing next? I've put them in alphabetical order.

Blue Rose
Deadly Premonition
Gods Will Be Watching
The Last Remnant
Metro 2033
Overlord
Retro City Rampage DX
The Witcher 2
There is only one choice.

Volimar

Blue Rose
Deadly Premonition
Gods Will Be Watching
The Last Remnant
Metro 2033
Overlord
Retro City Rampage DX
The Witcher 2

Metro 2033 has some good atmosphere.

Ludens

Banned
Crap, it happened again. I missed ONE star of destiny, even if I followed a guide from the start to the end. I was so sure to have them all, I reached a specific point and, of course, one character died and I'm stuck with the crappy ending again.

Blu(e)

The ending bit with
Nerissa/Faith
tripped me out on this one, then I remembered that
Faith's head
was on Bigby's doorstep, and if it wasn't
Faith
the
glamour had to have worn off with death
right?

I should replay this game. Still have 2 missing cheevos, anyway.

--------

Tales from BLands and Wolf Among Us are so different, either way of ranking it, lol.

Spoilers
There's also the part where Holly's sister Lily, was posing as Snow White had died and her glamour had not worn off when they found her body. It only disappeared during the autopsy. The head of "Faith" was sent in to try and identify what Fable she was and said they would report back but never did.

So I picked up Eyes of Ara, at the suggestion of Wok, and it was indeed what I was looking for, namely something akin to The Room.

Unfortunately, the controls are a currently a mix of bugs and poor design, which is rather frustrating. The game uses a mix of free camera look from fixed positions, combined with fixed camera views on points of interest (POI). However, due to a bug I cannot move the camera by touching the edge of the screen. Instead, I have to target an area slightly off the edges of the screen (except for the right edge), if I want to use that feature. Amusingly, switching this game to windowed, fullscreen caused the up-direction to work properly, so I can now look up and to the right without having to click and drag ..

Luckily, you can also control the camera by clicking and dragging, which I initially thought was the only way to move the camera. Moreover, there is no clear indication of whether or not the camera is currently fixed, so I just end up trying to drag the camera fruitlessly half the time. Furthermore, there is no clear indication of when / where clicking will unzoom the camera from a point of interest, and I've either had to click a several times to unzoom, or inadvertently clicked and unzoomed.

This wouldn't be so annoying if the game was actually bad, in which case I would just stop playing it, but "unfortunately" I am really enjoying the puzzles so far, so I'll just have to deal with the controls.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Metro 2033
The Witcher 2

Metro 2033 is improved a lot by the Redux if you have access to that version. The original is kind of rough gameplay-wise in comparison. Great atmosphere though and a pretty solid ride overall.

Witcher 2 is awesome. It's not terribly long by RPG standards, sitting comfortably in the 30-40 hour range for a thorough run and still looks great. I really liked the story and some of the beats can be really rewarding depending on the choices you made.

Annubis

Blue Rose
Deadly Premonition
Gods Will Be Watching
The Last Remnant
Metro 2033
Overlord
Retro City Rampage DX
The Witcher 2

Do Blue Rose. Pretty good VN and you can knock it off quicker than pretty much everything else in the list.

Metro 2033 is improved a lot by the Redux if you have access to that version.

I don't.

But first replies first, so it looks like I'll do Deadly Premonition first and then Metro 2033.

I may need help to get Deadly Premonition going if that other guy in this thread was any indication.

Do Blue Rose. Pretty good VN and you can knock it off quicker than pretty much everything else in the list.

I'll put it in the hopper, but my intent isn't merely to "knock off" games in my backlog. I want to play them. Enjoy them if possible. Record impressions for the handful who care. That's why I'll give these games a genuine go, try to beat them, try to get some achievements, etc.

I'll put in a vote for Overlord. The story is simple but enjoyable, there are a lot of great environments, and while it can get a bit repetitive, throwing around a bunch of minions, who will gleefully break everything in sight and pick up random stuff to use as amour and weapons, never gets old. I've played through it several times at this point, which is something I rarely do with games.

Duly noted. I might not get to that one for a while, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom