• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
Stardew Valley is my GOTY so far...such a lovely game

yuraya

Why is every white male with long brown hair and a beard automatically Jesus?

The Jesus to surpass all Jesuses

Big-Boss.jpg

Kagemusha

580 hrs on record for Magic Duels. Shoot me.

Tried Jurasic Park, but the Quick Time Events killed it for me.
Guess I can play the Wolf or Tales of Blands next.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Why is every white male with long brown hair and a beard automatically Jesus?

Because of the most prolific whitewashing the world has ever known

But you can't blame the church for it. A long haired white dude with child-like features rates better at the critical 30-66 demographic, when compared to a curley-haired darker toned Jew. PR is everything when you want to your religion to take over the world.

Yo, we can have this discussion but we can't have this thread: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=795773

The hypocrisy.

#GafGate. #Gafghazi. #Grudges2014

580 hrs on record for Magic Duels. Shoot me.

I would be SO into that game if they had more of the earlier expansions available. The fun of Magic for me was watching the interplay of thousands of cards. And at one point I was able to do exactly that when I had the M:TG Encyclopedia (it didn't hardcode in the rules, but it had the cards and you could play online with others.)

Nowadays all they have are things like Forge, which if they're not piracy they're damn close to it.

Arthea

it is my GOTY so far too and I don't think it will be replaced by any other game, and this year so far is great for good games.
Stardew Valley is amazing, I'm not sure why steamgaf is not into it, oh well, their loss.

Spaceplan is the Frog Fractions Prologue we all deserve.

Farm on, hannes!
it is my GOTY so far too and I don't think it will be replaced by any other game, and this year so far is great for good games.
Stardew Valley is amazing, I'm not sure why steamgaf is not into it, oh well, their loss.

Is there a single person not enamoured with it? 'Cause must assimilate them all into the Stardew Valley collective.

illusionary

At last I feel that I'm giving my new laptop some proper time... Ghost 1.0 was my first playthough from the Steam sale, then after a brief diversion with The Fall (too cheap to miss just recently) and a dive into my backlog with Bastion (I've been meaning to get to it for a long time), I've finally made a start with XCOM 2... oh, I've missed this!

The tutorial mission sets the scene really nicely and two 'proper' missions in now I feel well into my stride with it, even if I'm only playing on Veteran. Pulling myself away to spread my time around a little to other games may start to prove difficult!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Baron_Calamity, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gorky 17 -- MB-3D19376D5631217C - Taken by jgalat. 1 entrants total.
Ballpoint Universe Infinite -- MB-C3BC2B47A4CFD371 - Taken by Platy. 1 entrants total.
Street Racing Syndicate -- MB-40A58B0411A5F5CF - Taken by gabbo. 2 entrants total.
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-24320365380437B1 - Taken by boybrushdRED. 1 entrants total.
Thomas Was Alone #2 -- MB-0E845116BD4B862B - Taken by dimmer. 1 entrants total.
Galatic Hitman -- MB-D383CA975656E328 - Taken by Kagemusha. 1 entrants total.
Post Master -- MB-2EC953EA9E026254 - Taken by illusionary. 3 entrants total.
Deadly Profits -- MB-BCFFFA3383510AD2 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.

t1471225913z1.png

Lain

Tried the experimental branch of No Man's Sky, still stutters, still unable to maintain a fluid 60fps (or 30fps, for that matter) because of said stutters at high/mid/low.
Nothing more immersion breaking than turning around and *stutters from hell* or taking off and *stutters from hell*.
I wanted to be there day 1 to explore, discover and shit but fuck this, I'm not putting up with more of this.

Dang, I would have been unprepared for Deadly Premonition's movement and battle jank had I not played Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines. But so far, it seems like it's gonna be really interesting.

Is there any way to get my hunger and energy on the HUD, or do I have to keep hitting Escape to get that info?

Is a Samsung 850 EVO a good SSD for gaming? Peoples opinions on SSD's are like opinions on politics... it's hard to get a good read on what's actually worth getting.

i need to get rid of this flamethrower in far cry 3

i love flamethrowers but it takes like an hour to reload
Yeah, it's quite slow, plus syringes interrupt the reload which you do quite often need if using the flame thrower. I stuck with it just for some variety but switched to the flare gun with was top tier in FC2.

I'm not sure why the fire propagation doesn't get much love in 3. I didn't even realize it had it at all since it was rarely mentioned. It's a fun feature.

Guardian

Banned
Is a Samsung 850 EVO a good SSD for gaming? Peoples opinions on SSD's are like opinions on politics... it's hard to get a good read on what's actually worth getting.

Samsung 850 EVO is really good for gaming. I have 1TB on my computer.

But tbh, you probably cant even tell the difference for gaming with any SSD. It's minute. I think any SSD would do, the EVO is definitely the best you can get right now.

Backlogger

Looking for a good guide on setting up in home streaming. It used to work really good for me but lately its been hitching a lot and not sure what changed. I do have a new TV but the PC behind my TV is still set to 1080p. I've tried tweaking settings but maybe I have no idea what I'm doing.

If anyone knows of a good guide please post it

Thx

shockdude

How did you get gifted that game from my inventory??

7WhvgbE.jpg
uh oh
We had an opportunity here to convince him his account was hacked for Gun Monkeys.
aww you got me, evil plans foiled etc.

Haha yeah your Steam inventory copy of Gun Monkeys ended up in my turd bundle. I don't know who wrote the text for the gift, and I get the impression it was simply passed along from inventory to inventory until you posted it to modbot, and you know the rest.

I've always wanted get a Samsung one for the performance, but no one sells them in Taiwan, importing costs more and RMAing is a pain.

Honestly I think it's a bad time to buy SSDs now, pretty much all the new SSD models released this year are 3D TLC drives. They are less durable than MLC ones (good controllers and extra hidden space helps, but mileage may vary), although performance on paper may be better than older models, speed drops to shit when cache runs out. And they are not priced competitively, even more expensive than older models at times.

Anteater

Yeah, it's quite slow, plus syringes interrupt the reload which you do quite often need if using the flame thrower. I stuck with it just for some variety but switched to the flare gun with was top tier in FC2.

I'm not sure why the fire propagation doesn't get much love in 3. I didn't even realize it had it at all since it was rarely mentioned. It's a fun feature.

skrillex/damianmarley.mp3 tho

yeah, trying to kill an armor dude with a flame thrower is the worst

BUT WELL I'M NOT GOING HOME

oh poop I finished far cry 3

I liked it, didn't 100% it doe, the ubi open world stuff works incredibly well with far cry's combat honestly

lol
Fast travel man. It ruins immersion and play times. I drove across the map from the Dr yesterday and it only took a handful of minutes. I turned the whole UI off with a hack too. It's so much better and keeps me focused and actually exploring rather than playing read the mini map.

Anteater

Fast travel man. It ruins immersion and play times. I drove across the map from the Dr yesterday and it only took a handful of minutes. I turned the whole UI off with a hack too. It's so much better and keeps me focused and actually exploring rather than playing read the mini map.

i actually didn't fast travel for majority of the game til the last island, probably the reason for the long play time

dex3108

I use fast travel if world is boring. Last time I was using it was few weeks ago in PoP 2008 because after you go through levels 10 it gets really boring so I started using fast travel.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
No Man's Sky DID leave humanity gamers divided.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of SunDimension24, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 18 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gods Will Be Watching -- MB-E23B50B316DCA3FC - Taken by ThirtyFour. 8 entrants total.
Life Is Strange: Episode 1 -- MB-8AE627A611697274 - Taken by outunderthestars. 2 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
GRID 2 -- MB-80032D1410A1EB74 - Taken by Madridista. 2 entrants total.
Grim Fandango Remastered -- MB-976ABD5CDBE1C18F - Taken by Large Professor. 12 entrants total.
The King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match -- MB-8100978F2FA76AEE - Taken by salazar547. 4 entrants total.
Killer is Dead - Nightmare Edition -- MB-71399363727BD2A7 - Taken by GaussTek. 18 entrants total.
The King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match -- MB-E5874AC3E8F80240 - Taken by dot. 2 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Murdered: Soul Suspect -- MB-C21556703A370164 - Taken by PAUonePUNCH. 3 entrants total.
A Virus Named TOM -- MB-7DEDD0A356435C12 - Taken by neonglow. 2 entrants total.
Resident Evil Revelations 2: Episode 1 -- MB-80032D1410A1EB74 - Taken by Madridista. 2 entrants total.
Galak-Z -- MB-EF281FAADE3703EE - Taken by Eila. 34 entrants total.
Bastion -- MB-ABB339E4E40C2F98 - Taken by kagamin. 2 entrants total.
GRID -- MB-5E23578AFDE9C00E - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
South Park: The Stick of Truth -- MB-B567B43FA52A9CBD - Taken by someguyinahat. 22 entrants total.
LIMBO -- MB-DF1762E688FD0676
Shadowrun: Dragonfall Director's Cut -- MB-1EB85443F39BE466 - Taken by electroflame. 3 entrants total.
The Last Remnant -- MB-9E25A676706233F2 - Taken by Lashley. 2 entrants total.
SpeedRunners -- MB-CDB5FD66A28D5D7C - Taken by spindoctor. 3 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...

Note: The key you added for Resident Evil Revelations 2: Episode 1 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1471290067z1.png

Top of page reminder that RimWorld is Pretty Good™. The Cassandra Classic AI sets it at the right pace and once you understand the basics, you might just survive a while!
Guys in spaceplan, how do I get planet boosters?
Idea tab upgrade, I think. It's expensive.

You might not see it until you clear a certain amount of watts.

Sarcasm

Top of page reminder that RimWorld is Pretty Good™. The Cassandra Classic AI sets it at the right pace and once you understand the basics, you might just survive a while!

Idea tab upgrade, I think. It's expensive.

You might not see it until you clear a certain amount of watts.

I think its watts, but I don't know which is best to upgrade lol.

I think its watts, but I don't know which is best to upgrade lol.

The newest ones will generally have the best yield per watts spent, except for some late-game things that have weird power determinations which shakes things up a bit (and will nonetheless be the best yield).

You'll also reach a certain point in the progression where it makes more sense to leave it on in the background vs. actually clicking, even considering click upgrades.

Granjinha

yoo good morning

can't wait to hear more about little nightmares in gamescom. Didn't imagine the ones publishing it would be Namco Bandai. Wondering if they're gonna try to get more indie games on their portfolio? Only other one i can remember is Necropolis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom